Deal of the century!

We got home last night from our 'Deal Of The Century' trip.

As everyone else has said, we did indeed get our room and tickets as per any other trip and that IS a great deal. We had interconnecting rooms and one had a kettle and ours didn't (we had taken one anyway).

The rooms were clean and very well themed (although none of us have seen Cars, so the theming didn't really mean anything to us). However...... I felt that the Santa Fe was not for us at all. It looks like a prison compound from the outside and the breakfast situation was beyond nightmarish. We ventured to the bar one night and a hoard of kids were running around screaming and going nuts whilst their parents were ignoring them at gone midnight. We were woken by people yelling and acting up outside our room (we were ground floor and not far from reception/hotel) at 2:30am one morning!

Whilst good value for the money we spent on this trip, I will not be choosing to stay at the SF again. If we were to stay that far from the parks I would go off site for a budget visit. I will outline why in my trip highs and lows.

We're back too.. All tickets were there. :) I loved the theming of the hotel & so did my cars mad son. Thought it was a vast improvement from when we stayed there last. We were in block 50 & did hear a lot of luggage being pulled outside our room as the coaches arrived. I would stay there again for the price though in a heartbeat!! We were hardly in the room. We ate in La Cantina one evening & thought the food was pretty good even if we had to queue to get in at 6pm.

Welcome back both! We've stayed at SF many times - before and after renovation and we've enjoyed it then and now. We've always been lucky with our rooms, never had any noise problems. Maybe the hotel was busier in general with it being French and British school holidays.

We are back as well and again had no problems with this deal! :cool1:

We were in block 30 on the ground floor, and although we were very near to reception we hardly heard any noise at all (just the occasional suitcase being dragged past).

I do much prefer the themeing of the Santa Fe now, but It would still not ever be my first choice of hotel - but for the price we paid, you really can't complain! :thumbsup2

Hiya jusg been reading this thread is this offer still on? how do we go about booking this? Any advice would be grateful as we usually go to WDW but as we are selling our flat and have a new baby our budget is tight.

Hiya jusg been reading this thread is this offer still on? how do we go about booking this? Any advice would be grateful as we usually go to WDW but as we are selling our flat and have a new baby our budget is tight.

no, it was a glitchy deal which was bookable at the end of July last year for winter dates this year. If late 2014/early 2015 would suit you for a trip, you might find a similar cheap deal comes out at around the same time of the year (ie July/August) this year.

Any advice would be grateful as we usually go to WDW but as we are selling our flat and have a new baby our budget is tight.

If you can wait a while, the super early booking offer (2 nights & 2 days free) is incredibly good value for the Christmas season.... :thumbsup2

Hi

My last night tonight on this deal, check in was great, no hassle, 6 day park hoppers waiting for us, we were given a room in block 14 which I think is a Rio Grande room, can't get any closer to the path to the Parks and the back end of the sequoia is just behind the trees!

Crowds have been bit busy but nothing you can't cope with via early morning entry and fast pass, overall can't fault anything, so glad I snapped this deal!

The Santa fee is looking good after its referb, though it still looks like a Mexican prisinor camp even with its paint job. Not bothered with breakfast as we used salon mickey, and feeding hundreds of people in a few hours is not my idea of a fun meal!

I think though the bad press this place had is no longer warrented, that said the cheyanne accross the river has amazing theming, shame the bar was full of under age tour groups trying to buy beer last night, security was very tight there, they obviously had previous problems.

Thanks for reporting back gavvy, enjoy the rest of your holiday! I've bought some instant porridge pots and chocolate brioche for some in room breakfasts, I can cope with a couple of Santa Fe breakfast antics but not sure I can cope with 5 days of it lol. I'll also treat us to an EoS or Annettes breakfast one day :-) Still seems like an age until we go, but only 10 more sleeps!

only 10 more sleeps for me!!!! (well 9 more if we could our pre-night Premier inn in ashford before Disney!) :thumbsup2

I think it's so funny that there's so many of us going that same week!! If the queues are long that week, I know who to blame!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

C x

I think it's so funny that there's so many of us going that same week!! If the queues are long that week, I know who to blame!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

C x

yes, i cant believe so many people have copied me and decided too book the same time as my trip?? I find it quite selfish to be honest. :rolleyes1

I'm counting the Saturday at the Premier Inn as part of my holiday so 9 sleeps for us! Need to consider packing, though the weather looks set to warm up - who knows what to pack!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!