Ddp with Ap, how to book?

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
If I wanted to plan to book a quick trip with an AP, may I add the DDP? How would I book this? Would I book it as a room only ressie or as a package? I am trying to see if I can fit a quick trip in this Nov. May I still get the room only discount if offered or does adding the dining plan make that not possible? We will activate our AP for our Oct trip so this is unknown territory. Thanks in advance!

If I wanted to plan to book a quick trip with an AP, may I add the DDP? How would I book this? Would I book it as a room only ressie or as a package? I am trying to see if I can fit a quick trip in this Nov. May I still get the room only discount if offered or does adding the dining plan make that not possible? We will activate our AP for our Oct trip so this is unknown territory. Thanks in advance!

It's called a ticketless package, but you have to call to do it. All package rules will apply.

Thank you so much! Does anyone know when the AP discounts for November are released? Or even the room only discounts for the general public for November? Trying to get a gage on when I should be looking to see if this is feasible. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! Does anyone know when the AP discounts for November are released? Or even the room only discounts for the general public for November? Trying to get a gage on when I should be looking to see if this is feasible. Thanks again!

You're probably just going to have to keep an eye out for the discounts. Last year, they released room only discounts for fall through December. They didn't do that this year. You could check Mousesavers to see when they've been released in years past to give you the possibilities.

You're probably just going to have to keep an eye out for the discounts. Last year, they released room only discounts for fall through December. They didn't do that this year. You could check Mousesavers to see when they've been released in years past to give you the possibilities.
Perfect! I didn't even think to check there. Thank you!

How much do they discount the DDP with an AP? Thinking ahead for next year (we are upgrading to Premier in September).

How much do they discount the DDP with an AP? Thinking ahead for next year (we are upgrading to Premier in September).
I don't think the DDP is discounted, but the rooms can be significantly discounted and you don't need to buy tickets. When I was pricing out the Deluxe it was coming out the same price.

Does anyone know how to add the DDP to an existing AP reservation without having to cancel and rebook? Who is the best person to call? I tried calling the AP line and they seemed pretty clueless. She told me at first that I couldn't add it.

Does anyone know how to add the DDP to an existing AP reservation without having to cancel and rebook? Who is the best person to call? I tried calling the AP line and they seemed pretty clueless. She told me at first that I couldn't add it.

If you have your reservation number, you should be able to call Disney directly, but they will still have to cancel and rebook. You're moving from a room only reservation to a package reservation and they are in different systems. Package rules will apply.

If you have your reservation number, you should be able to call Disney directly, but they will still have to cancel and rebook. You're moving from a room only reservation to a package reservation and they are in different systems. Package rules will apply.
Okay thanks! I thought I read in another thread that they could go in the backend and do it, but I must have misread. Hopefully they can transfer deposit...

Our DDP wasn't discounted, but I got 35% off the room, so it worked out to be a good deal.

isn't better deal to use AP discount on food?
I booked a very good room only discounted and by using the DDP I'm forfeiting the discount on food that this year is up 20% at some places

I just booked AP rate a few days ago and it let me add dining online as I was booking. I didn't have to call.

Interesting.

I booked a very good room only discounted and by using the DDP I'm forfeiting the discount on food that this year is up 20% at some places

Always a good idea to work that out! Could work out differently for different groups depending on their style of eating and exact plans.

Just thought I'd circle back after adding dining to my AP discounted room. I did indeed have to cancel and rebook, and they couldn't transfer my original deposit. The deposit requirements are different on RO and packages. My original deposit was $600+, but the ticketless package deposit was only $200. Anyway, it was fairly easy to do, although she did have to check and make sure the room was still available. It was so I didn't have to press, but I thought I'd read somewhere on DIS that dining could be added even if it wasn't currently available as long as you had the RO booked but it required a more complicated called with Guest Relations. Anyway, not an issue for me this time. The other big difference is that now I will have to pay it off about 30 days before arriving, and the cancellation requirements are a little different.

I just booked AP rate a few days ago and it let me add dining online as I was booking. I didn't have to call.

I could have done this, too, and in hindsight should have since they couldn't transfer my deposit anyway. It's a nice option. I wish they would add the dining option to the modify button for room only existing reservations for AP rates. Would have made things much easier. Oh well. I guess they want to make people prepay by turning it into a "package." But you'd think they would want to make it easier for people to give the more money!

I did a spreadsheet before deciding to do the dining plan, and with the restaurants we have ADRs for (lots of character and a couple signature), the AP discount wasn't as good as the dining plan (deluxe). I priced out my likely meals and compared. The dining plan saved me about $60 per person (more for my kids who eat desserts--I really don't) more than the AP even with some restaurants at 20% off right now.

We booked a room through a through a 3rd party and have AP. Can I add the dining plan?

Nevermind, I found the answer already.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter