DDP - Too many TS & too few QS

POROct2013

Mouseketeer
This will be our first WDW vacation so we are trying to make the most of it by booking a few character meals for our daughters and some of them take 2 TS credits. If we have a 6-night stay with the DDP, I assume that means each person gets 6 TS, 6 QS & 6 snacks.

CRT & Mickey's Backyard BBQ each take 2 TS credits and we also want to do Mama Melrose, 1900 Fare (Breakfast) and Crystal Palace. That means 7 TS credits. Do we just pay OOP for the 7th TS? As it is, we wanted to do another TS (Rainforest Cafe in DTD) but we don't want to pay OOP a lot if we have already paid for the DDP so we may just forget that place and go to Earl of Sandwich (QS). There just aren't a lot of QS that we are really interested in.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Too many TS and too few QS?

swap out cinderella'castle and go to askerhaus in epcot

pay oop'formthe cheapest breakfast

If you just booked a regular reservation at Mama Melrose (not a fantasmic package reservation that's a set price), then I would pay OOP for Mama Melrose. Depending on what you want to order of course. They have some flatbreads that are great and are reasonably priced.

As the pp said, you can do Askerhaus in Epcot (1 credit) for the princesses unless your daughters had their hearts set on eating in the castle. Of course, you can give them an experience eating in a castle by using a CS credit at Be Our Guest for lunch.

Unless you really want Rainforest Cafe for s reason, you can use a CS credit downtown aand go to Wolfgang Puck Express. Great food! You order at the counter and then sit with a number and a waiter prings your food, gets you refills etc. It is a great alternative to TS and will help use some of your CS you don't have planned

(WPE in the marketplace has a more extensive menu, there is one on West side as well)

Here is the breakdown and the reasoning:

CRT is a must for us as our twins are turning 7 while we are there and that is where we want to have their birthday dinner! :)

Mickey's BBQ - this sounds like so much fun that our entire family would enjoy. I know you can see Mickey other ways but the experience sounds fun.

Rainforest Cafe - we can probably easily give that one up and do a QS in DTD.

1900 Fare Supercalifragilistic breakfast - our girls LOVE Mary Poppins so we'd really like to keep this one. Unless there is another way to meet/see Mary Poppins.

Mama Melrose - yes, we wanted to do the Fantasmic dinner package so we'll have to keep this one on our dining plan.

Crystal Palace - I am not so concerned about the characters. I have read that it is a great place to make a breakfast reservation early (8am) on a day that MK opened up at 9am so you could have unobstructed views of the castle.

Besides Rainforest Cafe, I am not sure which other one to give up. *Sigh*

Can you tell I am such a newbie? After all the research I have done and figuring things out, I forgot to figure out which ones were TS and which ones were QS! Oops. :rolleyes1

I would pay OOP for CRT or Mickey's BBQ and save those credits to apply to your other meals.
Don't cancel 1900 park fare! The food was ok, but the character interaction is fabulous! Especially Mary.

If you get rid of Rainforest, then you only have one more to either delete or pay OOP. The cheapest one is Crystal Palace, so I would weigh the cost of that OOP against the desire to see the castle unobstructed. It would not be worth it to me, but it might be to you and your family.

IDEA! If you do CRT as a birthday breakfast, you could still get in early to see the castle.

My family is doing the DDP and paying OOP for CRT, while it is an expensive meal, I would see if the cost is worth 2 TS credits.

Same for Mickey's Backyard BBQ. The other aspect of going to Mickey's backyard BBQ is the location. Because it is located at Fort Wilderness, if you are using Disney transportation, plan on an around an hour transportation time. I wouldn't underestimate how much time it can take to get from one location to another, even within the parks.

Happy planning!

I haven't had the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, but you mention wanting to meet Mary Poppins. We have seen her in the world showcase at Epcot.

I'd skip the Rainforest one for sure. You could look at allears.net to find prices of the other meals to figure out which would be the most economical for you to pay OOP.

I would drop Rainforest Cafe in favor of EoS or Wolfgang Puck Express, and pay OOP for CP.

FYI Mary Poppins can be found in both Epcot and MK.

Unlike some of the others, I definitely wouldn't consider dropping CRT for PSB. We've been to both. To us, PSB was a breakfast with princesses. CRT is an opportunity for the guest to feel like a princess. I plan to book CRT for my birthday breakfast for just DH & I. We'll only return to PSB, if we have a granddaughter some day & she wants to try both. I'm glad we went once, but I'm not in a hurry to return.

RFC is fun, but I wouldn't stretch my budget to dine there. If you decide to pay for one of the 2TS meals OOP, your kids would probably love it. One good thing about paying for CRT or MBYBB OOP is you would be paying for them when you book them. That way you don't have to pay for everything at once.

As a side note for RFC, I see you don't have an ADR for Animal Kingdom. If you decide to keep RFC, you may want to dine at that one & eat CS at DTD.

I'd cancel Mickey's BBQ, I wouldn't want to take the time out to go there. I'd rather add on Tusker House on your Animal Kingdom day.

Have you looked into upgrading to the deluxe ddp? Would give you 3 meal credits per day per person that can be used for ts or cs. Im not sure how much more it would be, but if you really want more ts meals, might be a way to get them all in.

Have you looked into upgrading to the deluxe ddp? Would give you 3 meal credits per day per person that can be used for ts or cs. Im not sure how much more it would be, but if you really want more ts meals, might be a way to get them all in.

Upgrading to deluxe will be a price difference of $643.32. It would certainly be less expensive to pay OOP for 1 or 2 TS. This will give you double the snacks as well which may not be needed or wanted.

Thanks for the suggestion about upgrading but that would be WAY too much food for us. We don't really want more food, we just wanted a few more TS credits. No worries though, I think we'll just pay OOP for Crystal Palace and not bother going to Rainforest Cafe. This way we get everything we REALLY want (well, that's the plan, no idea if we'll get them)!! :)

Thank you everyone.

You can play a lot of different ways with the ts credits. This is the video and there is a link to figure out the best way to spend your credits.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDgzoJLI8
Once you figure out the cost, you pay for the one that is the cheapest-my guess would be a breakfast unless you are sharing a meal for the Mama Melrose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter