DDP.. Split cost of meal cash & Plan?

NeverSayNever

DIS Veteran
Hi!

We have more TS ADR's then alloted in our plan, which is ok, we decdied we would pay OOP for some.

So now I am looking at the menus and tryign to figure out which to pay for OOP and have this question. We are have dinner at Narcossee's (Sp?) and I was wondering is it ok to use 2 of our TS Credits for each of the adults but pay OOP for the children and save there TS credits for something else? I think using the 2credits for the Adults is a good deal... but I am not so sure about the kids (4yr olds) and think it might be better used elsewhere.

Hope my questions makes sense... let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

We have more TS ADR's then alloted in our plan, which is ok, we decdied we would pay OOP for some.

So now I am looking at the menus and tryign to figure out which to pay for OOP and have this question. We are have dinner at Narcossee's (Sp?) and I was wondering is it ok to use 2 of our TS Credits for each of the adults but pay OOP for the children and save there TS credits for something else? I think using the 2credits for the Adults is a good deal... but I am not so sure about the kids (4yr olds) and think it might be better used elsewhere.

Hope my questions makes sense... let me know if I need to clarify.

Thanks in advance.

You can use your credits in any combination you want to....just be sure to let the server know....I'd suggest when you're ordering. I've read of cases where the server didn't realize and took the credits for the whole party, and apparently getting them credited back is a bit of work. So tell them early enough that they don't make that mistake.

That said....if you use 2 adult TS and not the children, you'll have 2 children TS "hanging around"......would you then consider using the kids TS but paying out of pocket for the adults? That wouldn't necessarily make as much sense, cost wise. And having 2 leftover TS go to waste would also seem counterproductive.

When I was considering the DDP (not anymore because of the 08 changes), I didn't feel that CRT was worth using up 2 credits, so my plan was to pay for that OOP and save the credits for TWO meals. When I added up what I'd have to pay for the two meals that I wouldn't have credits for, versus the fixed price for CRT, well it just made more sense to pay OOP. You might want to crunch your numbers a bit to be sure that 2 adult credits are worth that meal, and whether leaving your kids with 2 unused TS makes sense...since they are very unlikely to use TS without you along, so you'll end up paying for two adult meals OOP to use those kids TS, or you'll waste the kid TS.

Now, I've seen it the other way around....parents pay for their meal (usually something cheap like the Character meal) OOP and use the kids credit for the kids...then the parents take their adult TS they saved and do a romantic and more expensive meal without the kids.

Here's another little bit of insight:

We're going to Cali Grill with 2A but using only 2TS, anything for the other A will be OOP (probably just another appetizer - we like to share).

When we go to Chef Mickey's for breakfast, we're using 1C TS, but paying OOP for the 2A.

Take a look at what you would buy if you weren't on the DDP, then apply the usage of your credits so you get the most out of them. Just be sure to tell your server how many credits you intend on using, and what exactly you want to pay for OOP. And review your receipt!

Make sense? :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter