DDP Restaurant Recommendations

Darcy03231

DIS Veteran
I'm in the process of planning a trip to WDW and am considering purchasing the DDP. It will be myself, DD (16) and DS (14). We really don't care about character meals, but wouldn't rule them out if the food is good. Both DD and DS are really into good food and not afraid to try something different. We cruise frequently and they like to eat in the formal dining room. I'm looking for recommendations for TS meals. I plan to be there for 7-10 days.

Personally I would recommend:

50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM. Standard home cooked food, but it is good and the atmosphere is entertaining. Shakes are awesome especially malts and PB&J shake.

Ohana at the Polynesian, awesome food, great value for money (even on DDP) you can eat a lot here and the dessert is to die for.

Boma at AKL, buffet, good food, lots of different African dishes to try. Everyone can eat as much or as little as they like.

LeCellier in Epcot is a must. Really good steaks and fish.

Those are all I have for now. Those are our must-do's every trip.

Good luck!! :hippie:

I would also recommend Ohana, Lecellier and PrimeTime cafe. I've eaten at all of these on the dining plan.

Since you say your kids are adventurous and like the formal dining room on cruises, maybe try the California Grill. It takes 2 TS per person on the dining plan, but it's a fun place to go. As a bonus, if you eat there, you can watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the observation deck high atop the Contemporary Hotel.

We've been fans of several of the table service restaurants even without DDP. If you'll all fairly adventurous, I would suggest some of our perpetual favorites.

Marrakesh (Epcot - Morocco)
Chefs de France (Epcot - France)
Coral Reef (Epcot- Living Seas) the food isn't as good, but the aquarium view is great
California Grill (Contemporary Resort)
Brown Derby (Disney/MGM) we love the Fantasmic Dinner Package

We also like the place that serves sushi in Japan, but I don't think it is on the DDP. Eating off plan, if you want to splurge, Victoria and Albert's is amazing. It is definitely pricey, but we think it is worth it. We're also fans of Bistro de Paris (Epcot - France) which is quieter than Chefs, but not on the DDP.

I've heard good things about, but haven't tried -

Jiko (Animal Kingdom Resort)
Citrico's (Grand Floridian)
Le Cellier (Epcot - Canada) - supposed to be great steaks, but it is always booked up early

We too enjoy the nicer restaurants and shy away from the character buffets etc.

Our favorites are Le Cellier (Canada), Coral Reef, Boma, Kona Cafe, Ohanas, Les Chefs de France, Concourse Steakhouse, San Angel (Mexico) and Tepanyaki (Japan).

Spoodles on Boardwalk also has very good food and is fun with entertainers outfront and sometimes inside.

I'm not sure if the menu's are posted here but they are viewable at www.allears.net.

DD (16) likes Le Cellier, Les Chefs de France, Coral Reef, Teppanyaki. 50s Prime Time was fun. Planet Hollywood was a hit. Dinner at O'hana is good--we've outgrown the character breakfast!

We also are going for better food--less character buffets, more "real" dining.

We didn't care for Concourse Steakhouse. The woman at the check in was just nasty, and the steaks were either rare or well done (couldn't get med rare).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter