DDP QS Meal at resort - drink question

Dianne6886

2008 - This is the year of good health, great frie
Hi All,

When I was in WDW last August, I stayed at SSR with my two adult daughters and we had the standard dining plan. I was confused when we went to eat breakfast at the quick service at our resort...we were not given a beverage with our entree because we "have a refillable mug." In the past we have always grabbed a powerade for the parks whenever we've gotten our breakfast at the resort. This was also the case at lunch...no beverage because we had a mug.

I'm currently trying to plan a trip for January and I want to get this figured out before then.

Thanks for you help.

Hi All,

When I was in WDW last August, I stayed at SSR with my two adult daughters and we had the standard dining plan. I was confused when we went to eat breakfast at the quick service at our resort...we were not given a beverage with our entree because we "have a refillable mug." In the past we have always grabbed a powerade for the parks whenever we've gotten our breakfast at the resort. This was also the case at lunch...no beverage because we had a mug.

I'm currently trying to plan a trip for January and I want to get this figured out before then.

Thanks for you help.

You definitely still get a beverage, but you may have to ask what they allow. There have even been reports of people being able to get an alcoholic beverage out of the case to save for later, so you should be able to get a regular drink. Some resorts will also let you get a snack item instead of the drink if you wish, but again, you'll need to ask.

If a CM says you DON'T get a beverage because you have the mug, ask to see a manager because that CM is wrong.

We returned from SSR yesterday. What we experienced was that we could ask for a cup at the register to get a fountain drink at any time because we had mugs. It saved us having to go back to the room to get the mugs and go all the way back to the main building just to get a drink.

We didn't realize until 5 days in (because we hadn't eaten a meal there until that point- we had been eating in the parks!) that this also applied to the QS meals- we could get the cup for a fountain drink and in exchange choose a dessert to go with our meal. I had initially gotten a bottle of water, but my husband wanted a fountain soda. The girl cashing us out gave him a cup and told him to go pick a dessert because he had a mug with the DDP. At that point, I changed my water to a fountain drink and got a dessert as well! I could have had the bottle of water with my meal with no issue- it just saved us from using snack credits for a dessert.

I believe the CM you dealt with either misunderstood how the mugs/cups worked there, or was trying to help you "choose" the fountain drink in order to get the extra snack. They just didn't convey it the right way and made you feel like you couldn't choose anything but a fountain drink... Like the PP said, if you want the bottle of Powerade, and the CM seems to be refusing that, ask for a manager. That is definitely not how it's supposed to work!

I do believe you could have a fountain drink and an alcoholic beverage out of the case instead of the dessert as well. Hope this helps!

You are entitled to a beverage even with the refillable mug. The beverage entitlement can be used for a snack item at the value resorts for sure. We usually get two meals, an alcoholic beverage and some cookies or cupcake from the snack area to share by 3 people. (2 qs credits). When checking out, we just tell the cashier we want to substitute the snack for our beverage. Never a problem. This will not work in the park though.

Thanks for your input...I should have added that I did speak to the manager and was told the same thing. That I couldn’t get a drink because I had the mug. I was really confused and kind of angry because I felt like I wasn’t getting everything I was entitled too - was also told I could get the drink but it would be using a snack credit. 🤷‍♀️

Thanks for your input...I should have added that I did speak to the manager and was told the same thing. That I couldn’t get a drink because I had the mug. I was really confused and kind of angry because I felt like I wasn’t getting everything I was entitled too - was also told I could get the drink but it would be using a snack credit. 🤷‍♀️

The mug has nothing to do with the QS credits. It is it's own perk. If that were the case then you wouldn't be able to get drinks anywhere and they'd make you carry your mug around. Either the manager was grossly uninformed or they were trying to keep their profits higher by you not getting the bottled drinks etc.

We always get a drink with our meal plus used the mug. Since we mostly eat breakfast in room (bagel, muffins, yogurt) what we did was if we had lunch or dinner in food court we would pick up an orange juice to put in fridge for next day while using our mug for our meal.

I'm assuming this trip was some years ago, but if it does happen again and a manager even concurs, go to guest services. You didn't get everything you were entitled to have.

Everyone says you should have gotten the drink, but you ask the cashier, you ask the manager, you got no. As a guest, one would think that's the final answer.

That makes me upset.

A few years ago, we had CM at BLT give us wrong info on AP , I then ask manager got the same answer. I called MS (it was a DVC AP) was told yes, was told to take it to guest services. I did , and the CM said no. I asked for supervisor, he said yes. Same trip, two CMs told me a Minnie van only holds 4 people. Got on dis and got "no that's wrong" answers within mins. Yea disboards.

In my case, I KNEW back dating a AP to the day tickets were bought not used, was wrong. But still , you think if several people tell you........

You are most definately entitled to a drink at your resort with a counter service meal regardless of the fact you have a mug if you are on the dining plan. Not only that, at your home resort, you can trade the drink entitlement for a snack. This is what I was able to do at Port Orleans Riverside during our stay (7/10 to 7/16 2019). It's not offered but if you ask for the exchange at the register they do not deny you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter