DDE - Christmas Week

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
I just upgraded my MYW tickets to AP's because I am returning to WDW in December. I want to purchase a DDE card to use for dining. It seems you can't get a discount on anything during Chrismas week. Can you use the DDE card during Christmas week?

There was quite the uproar and debate over this awhile back when Disney Dining was giving information that the DDE card wasn't valid for some ridiculous amount of time like December 16 through January 5th or there abouts. The DDE office said the blackout dates were only Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. What information are they giving out about this now?

I have't spoken to anyone in the DDE office yet. I keep calling when they are not open. The message says some restaurants do not honer the DDE card during the holidays. I'm trying to get it clarified before I purchase one and find out I can't use it during my trip.

I have the DDE card too and ended up purchasing the dining plan for the first time. I assume you know about the new "holiday pricing" at any fixed price restaurants? When I heard dinner at Ohana was going to be like $32 or something (I can't remember exactly) I thought it made the dining plan a no brainer. I think it will be fun to try and if we do need to buy anything extra OOP for the meals we share then I'll try to use the DDE.

Good luck and I hope you get a definite answer soon! I know if you ask Disney Dining they can tell you if there is anything in the instructions about whether the restaurant would accept the DDE.

I have had the DDE for several years and the black out dates were just Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I dont know if it has all changed this year though.

I have had the DDE for several years and the black out dates were just Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I dont know if it has all changed this year though.

My experience has been Christmas Eve and Christmas Day also, and also no discount on the Christmas Day Mickey's Backyard Barbeque Holiday celebration.
But, this past April my card was denied at All Star Sports the week after Easter. I complained and I was given the discount after the CM checked with a supervisor.

I have the DDE card too and ended up purchasing the dining plan for the first time. I assume you know about the new "holiday pricing" at any fixed price restaurants? When I heard dinner at Ohana was going to be like $32 or something (I can't remember exactly) I thought it made the dining plan a no brainer. I think it will be fun to try and if we do need to buy anything extra OOP for the meals we share then I'll try to use the DDE.

Good luck and I hope you get a definite answer soon! I know if you ask Disney Dining they can tell you if there is anything in the instructions about whether the restaurant would accept the DDE.

We ended up going with the DDP too for our Christmas trip after seeing how most of the buffets and character meals were raising their prices to over $30 pp. I know Christmas Eve and Christmas Day will be blacked-out for DDE, certain restaurants can choose to black-out additional days during the holiday period as well. DDP makes more sense for us traveling over the actual holiday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter