DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well guys, I have some wonderful news. Had an interview for a position in Germany. It went so well, one of the people actually said during the interview we need you. For any of you who've conducted interviews, you know this is not something you want to say in an interview and quite rare.

So...the manager said I'd be hearing from him soon about next steps. Also a very good indicator.

Looks like after DDCC10, I will be moving to Germany. To say I'm thrilled is the understatement of the year...I was supposed to be assigned there when in the AF, but didn't happen (painful story).

Congrats Doc!
Thank you.

Holy crap! That's huge news!!! Congrats!
When's the moving date???
After DDCC10. looking at mid to end of January based on what the manager said yesterday for paperwork and processing and such.

Thank you chief!

Well, I just had to come by to report that I had beans for lunch. I had tacos for supper.
I am already regretting that decision.

Not as much as everyone around you.

Happy birthday to you both!

Thanks, Jeff!

And Happiest of Birthdays to those who have Birthdays: Mark and Andy! :bday::bday::bday::bday::bday:

Thanks, CCT!

Looks like after DDCC10, I will be moving to Germany. To say I'm thrilled is the understatement of the year...I was supposed to be assigned there when in the AF, but didn't happen (painful story).

Wow! That's kind of a big deal! Congratulations, Doc!

OK, way behind around here again but wanted to say congrats Doc on the next chapter with your new career opportunity! Also wanted to make sure to wish all the colonists a very Happy Thanksgiving and to enjoy the family time, good food, football and some Christmas decorating. Cheers gents and stay safe out there!

OK, way behind around here again but wanted to say congrats Doc on the next chapter with your new career opportunity! Also wanted to make sure to wish all the colonists a very Happy Thanksgiving and to enjoy the family time, good food, football and some Christmas decorating. Cheers gents and stay safe out there!
Hey Mike, good to see you around here! So, how is global transportation these days with our ports working 24/7?

Been a looong night.
Blood in the urine so called public health nurse. Figured it was just part of having a kidney stone and would tell me not to worry.
Nope. Told me to go to urgent care. Been here 8.5 hours so far and still haven’t seen a doctor. :sad2:

Funny thing is I was supposed to be working the night shift. Phoned in sick and thought I’d actually get some sleep. So much for that!

Morning, Gents! Had a good day yesterday. Patients all behaved themselves, so an easy day. Today's going to be interesting. There's a total of 12 patients all day, but I have a feeling that we're going to be having people stopping by because we're closed tomorrow. Well, have a good day, gents.

Waking up early stunted your growth???

It did, yeah. Not enough time hooked up to the charging station.

Or how much longer hangovers take to wear off.....
This was the shocker for me.

Simple solution...
Don't get drunk. No hangover.

Problem solved!

I'll send you my bill.

You can also cut down a hangover by drinking water along with your alcohol. Did this while in the Navy to great effect. It won't help all the alcohol left in your stomach, but your head will be clear. I'll send you my bill as well.

Well guys, I have some wonderful news. Had an interview for a position in Germany. It went so well, one of the people actually said during the interview we need you. For any of you who've conducted interviews, you know this is not something you want to say in an interview and quite rare.

So...the manager said I'd be hearing from him soon about next steps. Also a very good indicator.

Congratulations!!!! That is great news! Where in Germany will you be moving to?

So what are we talking here... 5'4''? 5'2''?

Oh at least 5'4".

:sad2:
Time for them to wake up and smell the antiseptic.

Yep

Been a looong night.
Blood in the urine so called public health nurse. Figured it was just part of having a kidney stone and would tell me not to worry.
Nope. Told me to go to urgent care. Been here 8.5 hours so far and still haven’t seen a doctor. :sad2:

Funny thing is I was supposed to be working the night shift. Phoned in sick and thought I’d actually get some sleep. So much for that!

Dude! So sorry to hear this. Hope you feel better soon.

Been a looong night.

praying

You can also cut down a hangover by drinking water along with your alcohol. Did this while in the Navy to great effect. It won't help all the alcohol left in your stomach, but your head will be clear. I'll send you my bill as well.
Yeah, that does help. Generally a pint of water before bed and maybe a placeholder ibuprofen does the trick, but I think it was just a month of over indulging catching up with me.

As you gave medical advice to a European, take your bill up with my government. They handle the dough side of things.

Happy thanksgiving Eve, colonial cousins (excluding my Commonwealthian brothers).
Turkey is in the Brining bucket, gettin' all apple cidery for dinner. We have an American couple coming over tomorrow, for a remote outpost of Thanksgivingery.

Nope. Told me to go to urgent care. Been here 8.5 hours so far and still haven’t seen a doctor.
I guess "Urgent" is open to interpretation then? More of a guideline than a statement?
Looks like after DDCC10, I will be moving to Germany. To say I'm thrilled is the understatement of the year.
Fantastic mate, sounds like a great new chapter. I look forward to upping the quotient of "Disdads on Zulu time or +" by roughly 25%, and, by tradition, you will be the first one to reach Friday 5 O'clock, so hereby and henceforth pass on all calling it duties.

Have a good day chaps.

Last edited:
I guess "Urgent" is open to interpretation then? More of a guideline than a statement?
Well… triage I guess. I’m not writhing in pain or clutching my chest, so…

Been up for 27 hours and here for 12.5 hours.
Got CT and X-rays done though. Results… eventually?

Been a looong night.

So urgent enough for them to tell you to go to urgent care but not urgent enough to get you high up in the triage list. That sucks.

Hope you get seen soon.

So urgent enough for them to tell you to go to urgent care but not urgent enough to get you high up in the triage list. That sucks.

Hope you get seen soon.
Yeah… probably should have just stayed home. Pretty sure it’s a stone and it’ll come out eventually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter