DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon gents. Been a busy couple days.
But! Finally got my tooth fixed. What a relief!

Either he's a Law Enforcement Officer or his horoscope says a person from his past will bring him good tidings. Pick your poison.
Can't he be both?
LEO= Law Enforcement Officer. Dad was part-time officer when I was young but gave it up. My brother is now, my nephew will be and my SIL worked counseling in the state prison system.
I'm not all that surprised. I've seen that before where one joins the force and the others follow.
If I could make a suggestion...instead of wrapping avocado with ground meat and bacon, simply throw the avocado away and wrap the cheeseburger with bacon.
:thumbsup2
Yeah, I remember the 60's and the 70's...
Just a bit blurry, maybe?
  1. RNRC or TOT?
  2. Music, When You Wish Upon a Star or A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes?
  3. MK Cinnamon Roll at Gastons or AK Mickey Cinnamon Roll at Kutsafari Bakery?
  4. Kilimanjaro Safari or Living with the Land?
  5. Cold Beer at American Pavilion or at Canada Pavilion?
  1. RNRC or TOT? - Tough one. Queue is better on TOT. And I like the ride a lot more these days. So I'll go with that.
  2. Music, When You Wish Upon a Star or A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes? - Wish upon a Star.
  3. MK Cinnamon Roll at Gastons or AK Mickey Cinnamon Roll at Kutsafari Bakery? - Both good but I'll take AK's.
  4. Kilimanjaro Safari or Living with the Land? - Safari. Easy.
  5. Cold Beer at American Pavilion or at Canada Pavilion? - Neither. I don't like beer.
So, the boss sent me an email asking for a timeline of a project completion. I'm thinking the day after I retire sounds good.
::yes::
Steve?
Might want to check that brain cell count.
:lmao:
I'm on a 48 hour fast, so chewing my fingers right now for a bit of nutrition. I get to eat again at 5pm tomorrow night.
48 hours? Whoa!
I'm trying one meal a day and doing okay with that, but... wow!

Hey Gents! Another quick check in. All's well, except I found out that I didn't get the job I applied to here at work. I'm at least working until the end of June, but then? Who knows. I'll figure something out.

Hope the back is better. I've got one that hurts from time to time. Had an MRI and had a herniated disc. Maybe it's that, or old age, or fatness. Glad you had a slow day to make up for it.

Back is feeling a lot better, thanks. For me it's a combination of an accident that happened as a kid, old age and fatness. Is there anything you can do for the herniated disc?

Day is getting away from me so be safe and stay healthy! Will be back tomorrow with more WDW Pick 'Ems
Waited on hold with Disney. Wild Africa Trek cancelled/ refunded. I guess they don't want us to give the lions COVID if we get within 6 feet of them. So, it's now wait until the new system is created and try to re-reserve it.
From what it looks like we are all gonna need a Park Reservation to make sure we can be in specific park on a specific date and possible time (half day ressies?) before booking any additional in Park experiences.

Morning, Gents! Not sure what kind of day this is going to be, but I woke up tired...may caffeine get me through the day. While I've always been looking for a job, I've really put it into high gear, so we'll see what happens. Though I do know this place has a tendency to string temps along, sometimes for a year or two before bringing them on full-time in some capacity, so we'll see. I'm not worried because something will come along

I think you kinda thought that might happen, but... How do you feel about it?

Yeah, I pretty much knew I wasn't going to get the job, I was just wasn't officially told...I had to ask. I would have been upset on Monday of next week when the new guy showed up and I hadn't been told, but otherwise, yeah, I knew the chances of me getting the job was slim. How do I feel? I'm ok with it. While I do like my job and the people I work with, it's not a job I want to spend the rest of my life at, so this does give me a chance to look for something different. Either way, something will come along.

Sorry to hear Man.

Thanks, man, appreciate it.

Not quite there yet.
Went for a run tonight after it cooled down a bit. The kid got a blister about halfway through so that slowed us down a bit. Still, farthest to date at 33 minutes/4.77K. Just two and a half football fields shy of 5K. If the app is right.

You, sir, are an inspiration.

Afternoon chaps from an overcast mother country. In the words of that genius of local government, Governor William J Le Petomane, work, work, work, work work work work. Without the lovely Miss Stein to cushion the blow. Hey ho. Keeps me off the streets.

Went for a run tonight after it cooled down a bit. The kid got a blister about halfway through so that slowed us down a bit. Still, farthest to date at 33 minutes/4.77K. Just two and a half football fields shy of 5K. If the app is right.
Not too shabby there, my man. You've cracked it. Are they Canadian Football fields, American ones, or English?
Though I do know this place has a tendency to string temps along, sometimes for a year or two before bringing them on full-time in some capacity, so we'll see.
That's a carpy way to run a railroad. Sorry buddy, but good luck on the search.
From what it looks like we are all gonna need a Park Reservation to make sure we can be in specific park on a specific date and possible time (half day ressies?) before booking any additional in Park experiences.
So is it that you get so many hours in the park, or is it a full day?
I wasn't going to get the job, I was just wasn't officially told...I had to ask
That, my friend, over here, would be described as p!ss poor.

Have a great day chaps.

Happy Birthday Chief!

Best Zootopia Sloth Laugh GIFs | Gfycat

Morning all,

Hope you all had a fruitful hump day. Although it may have been difficult for people in the UK. I've read the new guidelines make it "social interaction" between people not living together illegal. Good thing you are married Dan.
:rotfl2:
Yeah, the "social" distancing rule has been in place a lot longer round here, my friend.

Another fun packed day making friends all over the planet, telling them they can't have stuff because they have Champagne tastes and Ginger Beer money.

Sounds like the story of my life.

I'm on a 48 hour fast, so chewing my fingers right now for a bit of nutrition. I get to eat again at 5pm tomorrow night.

Geez. You like to swing to extremes, huh?

Trump has hidden Lions? That would make an awesome follow up to Tiger King. Lion President. They're yooge. And beautiful. In fact, there the most yooge and beautiful Lions there ever were. What am I doing with this sardine oil, Melania?

:rotfl2:

It's a good day when you go to the dentist and they don't find something that has to be fixed...

This also applies to the car mechanic.

But! Finally got my tooth fixed. What a relief!

Sounds like Rob had a better dentist visit than you did.

All's well, except I found out that I didn't get the job I applied to here at work. I'm at least working until the end of June, but then? Who knows. I'll figure something out.

Ah, dang. I'm sorry to hear that man.

Went for a run tonight after it cooled down a bit. The kid got a blister about halfway through so that slowed us down a bit. Still, farthest to date at 33 minutes/4.77K. Just two and a half football fields shy of 5K.

Am I the only one who read that last sentence and immediately thought @pkondz was trying to escape from Shawshank? Really? Just me? Ok, back to my corner.

Nice job on the run, though. So close!

I was just wasn't officially told...I had to ask.

Wow. Stay classy, fellas.

Although it may have been difficult for people in the UK. I've read the new guidelines make it "social interaction" between people not living together illegal. Good thing you are married Dan.

Since when does being married increase the odds of "social interaction"?

Geez. You like to swing to extremes, huh?
Yeah, but I know what works for me. I tipped over 195 this week, mainly due to Furlough Merlot. And the kids snacks being everywhere. So I won't eat for 2 days, that will kick me into a little healthy keto run (both in mind and body) for a few weeks and then I should be back into a 18x number, which is my float point. And then I can take the brakes off. I dumped all my larger clothes so, its a bit of a necessity. Keto is tough with running though, as glucose is the easy street of energy. My 10k was a bit tougher last night, as I was halfway through a fast, which means you are burning proper fat. This is gonna be a tough one mate, balancing marathon training with carb intake. But on the plus side, I have steak and eggs for dinner.

Yeah, but I know what works for me. I tipped over 195 this week, mainly due to Furlough Merlot. And the kids snacks being everywhere. So I won't eat for 2 days, that will kick me into a little healthy keto run (both in mind and body) for a few weeks and then I should be back into a 18x number, which is my float point. And then I can take the brakes off. I dumped all my larger clothes so, its a bit of a necessity. Keto is tough with running though, as glucose is the easy street of energy. My 10k was a bit tougher last night, as I was halfway through a fast, which means you are burning proper fat. This is gonna be a tough one mate, balancing marathon training with carb intake. But on the plus side, I have steak and eggs for dinner.

I admire your discipline, that's for sure. And steak & eggs sounds like a glorious light at the end of the tunnel.

Top O the Mornin Dads and a very Happy Friday Eve! Parts of our business are picking up more than we can handle with reduced staff and hours so looking to get distribution teams back to 40 hour weeks which results in having everyone working for several hours a day so have to re-do social distancing and sanitation game plans. Today half the team works M-W and other half Th-S. Good problem to have but other parts of our business are not improving so a major balancing act.

DD & SIL celebrated their 3 year anniversary yesterday, I think my savings has recovered :sad2: Stay safe everyone!

WDW Pick-em's for today.......................
  1. Caramel or Candy Apple?
  2. Bob at Dawa or Julie or Tune In Lounge?
  3. Fan or Hater of the bubble blowers?
  4. O'hana or Kona Breakfast?
  5. Buzz Lightyear or TSMM?
Hey Gents! Another quick check in. All's well, except I found out that I didn't get the job I applied to here at work. I'm at least working until the end of June, but then? Who knows. I'll figure something out.
Sorry to hear, hopefully they keep you on past June to give you more time to find something else.
So is it that you get so many hours in the park, or is it a full day?
Nothing official from Disney but I'm guessing they could offer full day and half days. Only thinking both because if they don't. they are gonna have to refund park hopper price differences.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter