DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon chaps from an hour further to the future, in the mothership in Denmark. So now I can get the UK lottery numbers as well as the US ones.
Did you tear your achilles? A friend of mine had that happen to him. Don't over do it.
Mine completely severed whilst playing tennis against the instructors. It's generally OK, but I will always have a weakness there. The good thing was it was surgically reattached, so the risk of re-rupture is smaller, but still there. It's kinda weird the Physio has cleared me for marathons, but still isn't totally cool with me playing tennis, as its more about dynamic pressure than regular punishment.
Pictures or it didn't happen...
Me and Rob watching the drummers and acrobats in Harambe market
Did you jump in front of the people behind you? They look like they've got the right hump.
Makes me wonder, how drunk was he that he doesn't remember creating the page. :lmao:
As ever Chief, you're piercing logic cuts through all the chaff. So Mikey, how hammered were ya?

Have a great day chaps

Mine completely severed whilst playing tennis against the instructors. It's generally OK, but I will always have a weakness there. The good thing was it was surgically reattached, so the risk of re-rupture is smaller, but still there. It's kinda weird the Physio has cleared me for marathons, but still isn't totally cool with me playing tennis, as its more about dynamic pressure than regular punishment.

Wow, that sucks. Glad you're getting better.

Hey there gang, how's everyone doing on this fine Monday? I came into the office today to catch up on projects without anyone around. It's the best time to get stuff done. Plus, I took off most of Friday to get apartment stuff in order, so now I can catch up without that hurting my week too much

Snowmageddon Day 4 update - De plow boss! De plow!

Well on the third night the city said “let there be street” and just before midnight one forced a single cut down my street. The snow wall at the end of our driveway was about 5 feet high but others were worse.

Got out this morning and cleaned up as much as we could. Pictures don’t really do it justice but I’ll share a few.

I’m able to keep working from home , which is ok. State of emergency still in effect. Schools, university, shops, airport, all closed except pharmacies and gas stations for emergency.
We've run out of milk and bread but can manage fine. Thankfully I got a new bottle of rum before the storm so I’ll be ok another couple days. Between work and shoveling there’s not much time for drinks anyway.

26EA01FF-8740-4E28-96AF-C6B88CA49E27.jpeg

9D2207F9-48D8-4652-A6AB-1A07E1029B4D.jpeg

BD4EA7ED-0257-4FBE-AFAD-5F9A9174EA2D.jpeg

19B09740-8511-40C0-821A-F38F0ECEC259.jpeg

0F6113D0-9048-4B41-BA5E-8A06A472C8CB.jpeg

I LOVE going to work when no one is there, or at the least, very few people are there. I get more done when no one is in the office. Plus, I can listen to my music a little louder and not worry about bothering the person next to me.

Same. I have the office area to myself this afternoon - so I am blasting an eclectic mix of old school hip-hop, Bassonova, Disney tunes, 70's and 80's pop, and Alt Rock. Yes, I have a wide range of music appreciation. :teeth:

Well on the third night the city said “let there be street” and just before midnight one forced a single cut down my street. The snow wall at the end of our driveway was about 5 feet high but others were worse.

Got out this morning and cleaned up as much as we could. Pictures don’t really do it justice but I’ll share a few.

I’m able to keep working from home , which is ok. State of emergency still in effect. Schools, university, shops, airport, all closed except pharmacies and gas stations for emergency.
We've run out of milk and bread but can manage fine. Thankfully I got a new bottle of rum before the storm so I’ll be ok another couple days. Between work and shoveling there’s not much time for drinks anyway.

View attachment 466662

Have you considered investing in an XL18 Personal Flamethrower? I'll bet that could make short work of that snow. :rotfl2:

View attachment 466662

View attachment 466663

View attachment 466664

View attachment 466665

View attachment 466666

That's absolutely crazy! Since you've run out of bread and milk, along with everyone else, I'm sure, there won't be any in the stores for days. As soon as people are able to get out, and the shelves are re-stocked, those will be the among the first items to go.

Same. I have the office area to myself this afternoon - so I am blasting an eclectic mix of old school hip-hop, Bassonova, Disney tunes, 70's and 80's pop, and Alt Rock. Yes, I have a wide range of music appreciation. :teeth:

That's quite the mix of music you've got there. I'd be blasting Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, 80's tunes and some 90's.

Well on the third night the city said “let there be street” and just before midnight one forced a single cut down my street.
Finally!
State of emergency still in effect. Schools, university, shops, airport, all closed except pharmacies and gas stations for emergency.
Still! Thought maybe grocery stores would open up.
26EA01FF-8740-4E28-96AF-C6B88CA49E27.jpeg
Treaded snow blower! Never seen one in the wild before.
Yikes! Looks like my yard after shoveling... all winter long. Not after one storm.

Snowmageddon Day 5 update

Doing OK. Still working from home. Still just the one cut down my street but I'm OK with that for now. Really not looking forward to the plow coming to widen the road since the snow is 5 days old now and frozen chunks. Won't be easy to dig out again.
City is lifting state of emergency today from 10am-6pm and allowing grocery stores to open during that time so people can get essentials. DW is gone out to see if we can get milk and bread. But we can manage without it if we have to. I've heard there are already line ups of 400-500 people at the stores. The issue is that the only stock available is whatever was already in the stores before the storm. No trucks have been on the roads to deliver new supplies. Not sure when things will get back to normal.
Other shops, offices, restaurants, fast food, are all still ordered closed, no public transport or airport, schools/university closed at least until tomorrow.
Military arrived Sunday night, mostly helping dig out seniors and disabled persons who have literally been stuck inside their homes since last Friday.
I have never seen this in my lifetime and I hope I never see it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter