DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hello gentleman! So I'm seeing a lot of DIS Dad # whatever on a lot of your custom titles... is this still a thing? Are you still accepting applications??

As for me, I'm Kevin from Ohio, a librarian at Big State University up here, with a pair of kaleidokids -- daughters in 2nd grade and kindergarten. Last trip to WDW was in February for the wife's bday, and next one will be in June for our 10th anniversary.
What dates in February? We were there too, but cant do a DISmeet after the fact. ;)

Morning Gents, Back from a trip to NYC with DD. Took her to see Hamilton and tour NYU.

All the hype about Hamilton is real. If you're able to get tickets, go see it.

She liked the NYU visit. It's a long way away and it would be tough to know my little girl was in that big city on her own, but can't say I'd fight it too much if it becomes her top choice.
As someone who grew up in a big city, I think it’s an awesome experience. I wouldn’t have swapped it for anything. Good to know about Hamilton, we are gonna try and get tickets for the next round in London

OK that's it, I'm calling it! Everyone to one of my favorites, the Dawa Bar at AK but not the current version, the one before they expanded Africa and it was more of a hidden gem than it is today - guys like me CJ & Randall know what I am talking about. We have a bounus today in that the new guy, Kevin, is buying. Last one there has to take Jane from Tarzan home, and I hear she likes to swing and tame the savage beast.

Sorry - I'm on central time

90c12df3645aee61e4a548013189b230fa8a7cf062a939fb05d74925addbbe44.jpg

Welcome to the clam bake!

Fantasmic! Congratulations to the young lady and your bank account.
Well played Mikey

Just dropping in with some great news. DD18 just received an entrance scholarship from her university. Her tuition for the entire first year will be covered! Her hard work in high school has paid off. I’m a bit proud of her and happy about the dollars too of course. Happy Friday!

(Where are we drinking- I need to celebrate!)
That’s fantastic news mate, all the best. Have a cheeky Kraken and Pepsi....

Top o the Mornin Dads! Friday finally here but short weekend as I head out Sunday for two weeks business related. Good news is will be in Orlando but likely only a partial day at Springs. No time for Parks but no biggie as family won’t be with me. Will be back later to uphold my assignment from Dan to call it for the week.
When are you in springs Mike? I’m at the world Monday until Thursday. I really need to learn how to put more than one quote up with my phone.

Have a good weekend boys from Jekyll Island.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Have a good weekend and CJ, hope you are recovering from your injuries.
When are you in springs Mike? I’m at the world Monday until Thursday. I really need to learn how to put more than one quote up with my phone.

Have a good weekend boys from Jekyll Island.
Wow, my bad, totally spaced that you were gonna be at DaWorld this week. Unfortunately, I’m hitting Springs Saturday taking my key team members that put together all of exhibit elements to Morimoto Asia. My Monday - Saturday days are all work filled. Each day stop time is dependent how things are going with our exhibit. So, if you head over their at night one of your days send me message through that other site and I will try to get over there to say hello.

Morning Guys.

Just relaxing for the morning before heading out to volleyball tournament #2 of the season. Thankfully 3 of the 4 high school tournaments this season are in town so the drive is pretty easy.

Have a good one all. Hope the trip is going well Dan.

Morning Guys.

Just relaxing for the morning before heading out to volleyball tournament #2 of the season. Thankfully 3 of the 4 high school tournaments this season are in town so the drive is pretty easy.

Have a good one all. Hope the trip is going well Dan.
Good luck with the tournament and safe travels

Took dd driving. Went to a parking lot, and had her drive NASCAR style and included figure 8s. The driver instructor makes them with 2 hands. Sadly, she forgets to cross her hands when turning, so has to slow to 2 mph to complete a turn. :scared1: After an hour of driving around town, i came home and drank tequila. That Cabo Wabo anejo tequila just is freaking awesome. No salt, but did chase with the lime wedge.

And, DW finally decides to tell me she is ready to live on Gulf Coast of Florida, as opposed to Cocoa or Vero Beach. I'm taking that as the green light to start planning. If i can find a place in the Destin, FL or Gulf Shores, AL area, then we are buying. Anyone know a good realtor?

Oh look. Randall posted a picture of me shoving my fat a$$ into some pants. :scared1:

OK that's it, I'm calling it! Everyone to one of my favorites, the Dawa Bar at AK but not the current version, the one before they expanded Africa and it was more of a hidden gem than it is today - guys like me CJ & Randall know what I am talking about. We have a bounus today in that the new guy, Kevin, is buying. Last one there has to take Jane from Tarzan home, and I hear she likes to swing and tame the savage beast.

Yet to be tamed. Although, i was neutered on my wedding day. :lmao:

Thanks fellas! Drinks are on me next time I see you all at Trader Sam's! :smickey:

Excellent. I'll tell them to bill you.

Cool, when the DISDad's were there in January, the bill was $700 + ;)

You pick up the tab? :furious:

We will be there June 6-10

Lee? Yeah, we have a few days to overlap.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Enjoy your Sunday. Real strange feeling around here as it’s first time since ‘09 that me and DS won’t be able to enjoy time together during Blackhawks playoff run. Lots of great memories and special father son time.
And, DW finally decides to tell me she is ready to live on Gulf Coast of Florida, as opposed to Cocoa or Vero Beach. I'm taking that as the green light to start planning. If i can find a place in the Destin, FL or Gulf Shores, AL area, then we are buying. Anyone know a good realtor?
Good deal, I know you’ve been looking forward to the day.

Evening guys.

Another high school volleyball tournament in the books with a semi final loss for the second week on a row. All in all the team played better than last weekend so that encouraging for them. I'm having a lot of fun sitting in the stands and getting some photos with my new camera.

On a bit of a sad note, Declan decided not to play with the basketball provincial team program this summer, the first time in 2 years he won't be with that program. On a happy note, that should save us about $5000.

Now it's time to watch the end of the Masters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter