DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Oh yeah... there's that... Ok, when you attack, you lose whatever army you use in the attack. But when you are attacked, you only lose the resources they steal from your city.

Seriously though, I'm the lowest rung on the ladder in our clan. I hardly know anything.
Really though, the rankings mean nothing except your trophy count. Once you have a decent enough set up, you can really choose whether you want to be in a higher class or lower by how you attack (or don't attack) others.

For example, I'm somewhere around 15 in the clan trophy count but #1 when we war. I rarely attack and try to keep my trophies below 1300. That way I'm only attacked by lower people that I can repel.

There are about 10 with the same name, how can I tell which one is the correct clan?

:eek::eek: Start over. That takes a long time. Why did you have to start over? If I can avoid that mistake, I'll be thankful. Just watching it go by today at work and learning how to attack the goblins, I got pretty far with minimal involvement. Not sure my little village will stand up to an attack this evening, but what can you do?

Look at the clan members you should be able to find one with Sir Brazenbull as the leader.

I backed my phone up and restored to a different device. My saved game didn't transfer across. I hadn't linked my account with a gamecenter/google play account so I couldn't recover it. It's taken me a long time and I am no where near where I was before. There was a point around christmas when you could boost production for a small number of gems. That really had helped things along. I think before I lost my game I had a level 9 or 10 town hall. I am back to a 7 but I still have a long way to max everything out at that level.

Good afternoon gentlemen.

Yesterday we met a surgeon about Stretch's ear. We finally have some answers. The surgery is delicate and complicated. Which explains why the previous two surgeons were hesitant to try. We found our surgeon and now the question is where we go from here. Stretch wants to go through reconstruction. The only question is which method we use to reconstruct the ear. We'll be going to a conference in August and hope to decide on a method and plastic surgeon then.

The secret to CoC is building walls and defenses quickly. If someone has some winning army combinations that would be great. I'm getting tired of my armies burning out too fast.

Yesterday we met a surgeon about Stretch's ear. We finally have some answers. The surgery is delicate and complicated. Which explains why the previous two surgeons were hesitant to try. We found our surgeon and now the question is where we go from here. Stretch wants to go through reconstruction. The only question is which method we use to reconstruct the ear. We'll be going to a conference in August and hope to decide on a method and plastic surgeon then.
Continued thoughts and prayers. Good deal on receiving some positive news on the subject.

Good Morning Everyone! Hope all are well. Prayers where needed, congrats where deserved and it's not Monday.

Sorry I have missed the last few weeks. Things have been crazy with sports, house repairs, work and just plain busy. DS made the HS freshman baseball team and is also playing club hoops. They are 2-3 after w weeks. DD is playing club hoops and town softball. Hoop team is 2-0 and softball will probably start in about 2 weeks when the snow clears and the fields are dry enough to play. Looks like she is being bumped up to play with the 8th grade girls this season.

House repairs from the roof damage are underway. DW decided that since we had painters coming to do the work anyway, that it would be a good idea t have them paint the whole house.:sad2: Still need to get the actual shingles done, but that can be done before winter.

I'm going to try to go back and see what I missed. August can't get here soon enough.

Congrats to the kids; hopefully the painting goes well.

I hear the Red Sox are playing again and the Boston area is delightful in Spring.:confused3:scratchin

Leaving sunny Florida on Thursday morning, know anyone that can get tickets in NYC? :rotfl:

Hope it all goes well.

'Morning all...

In case any of you are Civil War buffs and in the Central Virginia area in the next week or so, there are lots of goings on for the 150th anniversary in Appomattox. A few folks I know are participating in the historical demonstrations and reenactments starting today.

Sounds like some good experiences.
No way I can get up there right now, but they sound good.

Afternoon from sunny Belize (technically it is 11:00 am). It looks like I will not be hitting the water this trip. In order to do the more desirable dives, you need to first do a check out dive. Long story but every time I wanted to do the non-restrictive dive something happened. Was going out today, but everyone took the day off. Not a big deal because the dives were not great. They saw some big stuff (no whale sharks) but not a lot of fish plus conditions are not great.

We are having a blast though. The resort is fantastic, food is gourmet quality and the staff out Disney's, Disney Coustomer's service. Will try to post some pictures but it is cumbersome with the iPad.

Well, if the conditions aren't that good, it's an easier pill to swallow.
but from the rest of the account, I do believe you're still having way more fun then those of us stuck at work.
Continue on.

Barry has a TR? :confused3

:laughing: Two...
He lists them as being on life support.

Does the Union still win the war?

According to a rather large number of my neighbors, it never ended.

Good news. May that be a continuing trend.

Happy Wednesday morning. These past few days have blurred together and I'm not sure all the cobwebs are out. It's good to be home and I'm going to enjoy the day with my dds, although we haven't figured out what to do yet. I'm hoping for zoo trip.

A freshman in HS and a tween here. It has been a pretty smooth adjustment to high school once we realized that most teachers don't teach anymore and just expect the kids to read the books and learn on their own. We have now jettisoned the MCAS testing and instituted a new standard called PARC. Either way, I do not have standard kids so it will be interesting. DS has been on the honor roll so far. Has a 79 in one class with a week and 2 tests remaining. He is confident that the C+ will be a B by the end of the week. He takes all honors courses so I think he is doing well.

My older dd did much better in middle school than Elementary School. I'm hoping my younger has an easy transition.

Don't you know that when you get old and can't beat them athletically that the goal is to work on the 3 point shot?:confused3:rotfl2::rotfl2: DS is just about that age where I am not able to beat him anymore. It's about 50/50. Pretty soon I'm going to have to embrace the team sparrow ways and find a way to cheat. Take what you can........give nothing back.:thumbsup2

I can hit that shot easy. Nine foot goal. I haven't had to cheat yet, and figure I still have a few more years.

Afternoon from sunny Belize (technically it is 11:00 am). It looks like I will not be hitting the water this trip. In order to do the more desirable dives, you need to first do a check out dive. Long story but every time I wanted to do the non-restrictive dive something happened. Was going out today, but everyone took the day off. Not a big deal because the dives were not great. They saw some big stuff (no whale sharks) but not a lot of fish plus conditions are not great.

We are having a blast though. The resort is fantastic, food is gourmet quality and the staff out Disney's, Disney Coustomer's service. Will try to post some pictures but it is cumbersome with the iPad.

Following pictures here and FB. Looking like a great trip. Looks like you're following in the steps of Paul, Darcy, and everyone else and not let me mooch a free trip.

The Team Sparrow way also endorses the "no easy layup" approach.If you need an example, look back to the 80s when Kevin McHale clothes-lined Kurt Rambis on a fast break.:crazy2:

Now that is one way to send a message to your kids. :lmao: I was thinking post up more like Shaq and clear them out with the shoulder drop and superior weight advantage.

Good work Randall! Earning every penny of that DIS Dad salary, I see.

I think Randall is ready for a large salary increase. Triple his current pay sounds about right? :lmao:

Good to hear you have some answers and know what the next steps are.

Morning, men. FYI - MNSSHP tickets are on sale now. I just bought them for the October 13, 2015 party. For DVC it was $70 and $65 a ticket.

Saw that on FB. I'm bummed that we will miss the party this year. It will be or first one missed in 7 years. I knew with DW's changing work schedule and dds' sports schedules that it Fall Break trip would change. I just didn't realize how much I would be missing it.

Top O the Morning Dads!

Morning, men. FYI - MNSSHP tickets are on sale now. I just bought them for the October 13, 2015 party. For DVC it was $70 and $65 a ticket.
Nice, saw that they went on sale yesterday. Still one of the times of year we have not done but want to - kids school just does not allow it at this point.
Happy Wednesday morning. These past few days have blurred together and I'm not sure all the cobwebs are out. It's good to be home and I'm going to enjoy the day with my dds, although we haven't figured out what to do yet. I'm hoping for zoo trip.
Enjoy the family time

Saw that on FB. I'm bummed that we will miss the party this year. It will be or first one missed in 7 years. I knew with DW's changing work schedule and dds' sports schedules that it Fall Break trip would change. I just didn't realize how much I would be missing it.
We're not too far from that same scenario. DW is more concerned about DD2 missing school in the near future. DD1 is in 4th, DD2 is in 1st.
Our schools are structured:
Elementary K-5 (6 schools)
Middle School 6th, 7th, 8th (3 schools)
Intermediate 9-10
Sr. High 11-12

We are fortunate that our kids are both academically gifted, but the workload gets a bit tougher each year and I don't want my oldest DD to get buried. We have a few friends whose kids are in middle school now, so I'm trying to digest where the challenges lie. I expect that extracurricular activities will simply replace the existing sports activities.

Top O the Morning Dads!

Nice, saw that they went on sale yesterday. Still one of the times of year we have not done but want to - kids school just does not allow it at this point.

This is the 2nd time for us. I LOVE the fall from a weather and DVC point perspective but school is definitely becoming more of a hurdle for us. I like the early Spring timing-wise b\c it gets us out of the cold and nastiness of Western PA and then the cold snap is right around the corner.

For example, I'm somewhere around 15 in the clan trophy count but #1 when we war. I rarely attack and try to keep my trophies below 1300. That way I'm only attacked by lower people that I can repel.
Now I know who you are! You are the man.

Glad you have gotten some answers

Afternoon All.

Spending the last day in sunny Florida relaxing. It's time for a beer and the pool.

Long drive home starts in the morning.

Now I know who you are! You are the man.

I see my secret identity is out now Mr Morrow! Definitely not the man, but appreciate the comment. Glad that Sir Brazenbull pointed me towards the DIS Dads. Have really enjoyed being a part of the group & especially the fitness group

In case any of you are Civil War buffs and in the Central Virginia area in the next week or so, there are lots of goings on for the 150th anniversary in Appomattox. A few folks I know are participating in the historical demonstrations and reenactments starting today.

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been lurking in preparation for this summer.

This post reminded me of a funny story from where I used to work 20 years ago. A co-worker was a huge Civil War buff. He had a magazine or newsletter called "Civil War Monthly" on his desk. I said good morning to him and asked him, "So, what's new in the Civil War this month?" He got so mad at me but the whole office cracked up. I never joked with him again.

I'm back, again, hopefully I will be able to stick around this time. Darn work keeps getting in the way.

I haven't posted in a while, but I've been lurking in preparation for this summer.

This post reminded me of a funny story from where I used to work 20 years ago. A co-worker was a huge Civil War buff. He had a magazine or newsletter called "Civil War Monthly" on his desk. I said good morning to him and asked him, "So, what's new in the Civil War this month?" He got so mad at me but the whole office cracked up. I never joked with him again.

I'm back, again, hopefully I will be able to stick around this time. Darn work keeps getting in the way.

Welcome back Guys!

Thanks! We finally have vacation planned at Wilderness Lodge for 3 1/2 days followed by one week cruise on Fantasy. Can't wait.

First time for us on the Disney Cruise and first time for kids ever on a cruise.
Welcome back! Looks like we are on the Fantasy a couple of weeks before you. This will be our 9th on DCL and 3rd on the Fantasy so if you have any questions be more than happy to help.

Welcome back! Looks like we are on the Fantasy a couple of weeks before you. This will be our 9th on DCL and 3rd on the Fantasy so if you have any questions be more than happy to help.

Thank you! Looking forward to a little cruise relaxation. Usually need a few days to relax after Disney World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter