DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Strange things are happening. It almost appears like things outside are like, melting or some junk like that. Sun is out, above freezing, it's crazy.
ADRs are all set. Now just would like a little deal to come around and ease the sting if the trip costs and we are laughing. I instructed (ie asked her really nicely) DW to send an email out to our TA to keep her eyes and ears open.

Busy month. Boss is on vacation for another two weeks and this is the assistant manager's last week till he hoes to a new store. Means a lot more on my plate since I'm now the senior man. The fact he took today sick means I'm running the show a few times this week, and it'll be April until tf ey replace him. Hmm( no it won't be me, I've put in for the position but no chance in hell my seniority will be up there )

Thankfully, my boss told me not to worry about my scheduled vacation in 26 days...he said "we should be fine".

Famous last words... :squirrel:

Damn Don beat me to it.

Good afternoon gentlemen,

Its been a few weeks since I've been around the clubhouse. Hope everyone is well. I see the level of intellectual conversation is as vibrant as ever.

Overtime has been plentiful around these parts which means sleep has been scarce. Its been busy here too with swimming, basketball, and scouts.

Strange things are happening. It almost appears like things outside are like, melting or some junk like that. Sun is out, above freezing, it's crazy.
Its going on around here too. The white stuff is evaporating and there's brown stuff underneath.

To the dads in the DISDads Fantasy baseball league...

I've been trying to cross post to catch everyone. A few of you haven't set keepers yet. Deadline is tomorrow evening at 6pm.

I'm getting ready to set keepers for anyone who doesn't have any yet, but you can still change them until 6pm Eastern on Tuesday.

If you played last year and don't want to play this year, please let me know!

Thanks!

Evening gents and hope the weather improvements are hitting everyone.
Good Morning Men! It's a sunny Monday and it was over 10 degrees she I got up today. Not too bad! I think Elsa has finally gotten hug and decided to take a few days off. May hit 50 here by Wednesday.

Hoop season is now officially over for the winter. DD's team lost in the semi-finals to the eventual champions. The team we played has the player of the conference on the roster and DD dominated her in the first half, scoring 12 points and putting 3 fouls on her in the first 4 minutes to send her to the pine. For some reason our head coach decided to sit DD and a couple other of our better players to go with 5 guards at the end and we got clobbered in the last 4 minutes to lose by 7. Still, it was a good season and DD improved a lot. For my team, we were moved up to D1 for the playoffs and had the toughest road through. We beat all teams but one, bowing out in the final to a team from Salem, NH. They had a couple of really big girls that we had a hard time with as we do not have a lot of size. Got our silver metals and very proud of the efforts as we beat 2 teams that had more talent in the quarters and semi's. I'll miss it, but glad the craziness is over.

DS tweaked his knee at baseball practice last night and can barely walk. Hoping it's just a sprain and nothing serious. Home from school and going to the doctor today
Congrats to DD and hoping just a tweak for DS.
Our middle school championship basketball championship was postponed until this week so I guess I get to be part of a couple more games this week, so much for retirement. :rotfl: It was going to be short-lived anyway, middle school volleyball starts this week as well and the travel basketball team has our provincial championship next weekend
Good luck with the final hoop games
it's truly Monday.....my co-worker of 15 years has decided to move to a different position. What does this mean? More work for Scott and having to train someone (once we find them). Not looking forward to this.

Thankfully, my boss told me not to worry about my scheduled vacation in 26 days...he said "we should be fine".
Should be fine? My a$$ should be fine
Good afternoon gentlemen,

Its been a few weeks since I've been around the clubhouse. Hope everyone is well. I see the level of intellectual conversation is as vibrant as ever.

Overtime has been plentiful around these parts which means sleep has been scarce. Its been busy here too with swimming, basketball, and scouts.
Good to hear from ya and hope all the kid activities are going well

'Morning all...
The time change didn't hit me until this morning. The loss of that hour combined with my scheduled early work week for closing processing had my alarm screamed at me at what in actuality is 4am. No one should be forced into consciousness at that hour unless it's got something to do with heading out to Disney.

I hear you. It's never been this bad before, but I was really struggling today. Maybe I need to plan WDW trips during the time change from now on.

DS tweaked his knee at baseball practice last night and can barely walk. Hoping it's just a sprain and nothing serious. Home from school and going to the doctor today.

Prayers for your son. Hope it is minor.

Why change a good thing? Speaking of good things, where are those pictures you post from time to time?

To the dads in the DISDads Fantasy baseball league...

I'm getting ready to set keepers for anyone who doesn't have any yet, but you can still change them until 6pm Eastern on Tuesday.
!

I'll make my final cuts now. If I do it wrong, let me know.

Tomorrow the hammer is going to fall at DW's work. We have no idea if she'll make it through this round of layoffs or not. Its going to be a long night here.

Tomorrow the hammer is going to fall at DW's work. We have no idea if she'll make it through this round of layoffs or not. Its going to be a long night here.
Prayers that all goes well for your DW and for those to whom circumstances aren't kind.

I hear you. It's never been this bad before, but I was really struggling today. Maybe I need to plan WDW trips during the time change from now on...

No, you just need to hit the Powerball and build at Golden Oak. We can move the RV Park from CJ's to your new place then.

Its going on around here too. The white stuff is evaporating and there's brown stuff underneath.

I also learned I need to take the alternative route to catch my bus home, sidewalks were more like rivers with the meltwaters from the banks on either side

Prayers she is spared

'Morning all...
Another day, another 75 cents.
(That's 0.95 Canadian)

Hoop season is now officially over for the winter. DD's team lost in the semi-finals to the eventual champions. The team we played has the player of the conference on the roster and DD dominated her in the first half, scoring 12 points and putting 3 fouls on her in the first 4 minutes to send her to the pine. For some reason our head coach decided to sit DD and a couple other of our better players to go with 5 guards at the end and we got clobbered in the last 4 minutes to lose by 7. Still, it was a good season and DD improved a lot. For my team, we were moved up to D1 for the playoffs and had the toughest road through. We beat all teams but one, bowing out in the final to a team from Salem, NH. They had a couple of really big girls that we had a hard time with as we do not have a lot of size. Got our silver metals and very proud of the efforts as we beat 2 teams that had more talent in the quarters and semi's. I'll miss it, but glad the craziness is over.

DS tweaked his knee at baseball practice last night and can barely walk. Hoping it's just a sprain and nothing serious. Home from school and going to the doctor today.

A good season all around. Congrats to both on the hard work and may that knee tweak be minor and heal quickly

Rob, you deserve some extra time after having to endure that. Tell your overlords that I am granting you a week of doing nothing.

I am doing well compared to much of the world so I shouldn't complain. I may, but shouldn't. The preliminary pathology is looking good and I will find out if chemo is needed in a couple of weeks when I go back to my surgeon. The family is adjusting and we are hoping to have a quiet time of recovery for the foreseeable future.

I mentioned your name to the overlords and they said... Shawn who?
Stay well, heal quick, prayers for no chemo.

This is also my first Monday in the office since Feb 11th. Hopefully it will be a productive day.

So... productive? Or no?

That is typically about the time we are leaving for the airport on our trips. I agree that with the destination downgraded to "work" it's not nearly as exciting.

I'd happily drag myself out of bed for an early flight to MCO.
Probably wouldn't even notice that my head and eyes ached then.

Friday yet?

'Fraid not...

it's truly Monday.....my co-worker of 15 years has decided to move to a different position. What does this mean? More work for Scott and having to train someone (once we find them). Not looking forward to this.

Should be? That's troubling.
Best to not even think about it til you get back.
What ever mess there is, it'll still be there afterward; enjoy now - deal with the mess then.

Busy month. Boss is on vacation for another two weeks and this is the assistant manager's last week till he hoes to a new store. Means a lot more on my plate since I'm now the senior man. The fact he took today sick means I'm running the show a few times this week, and it'll be April until tf ey replace him. Hmm( no it won't be me, I've put in for the position but no chance in hell my seniority will be up there )

Good that you put in for it though.
Strange thing can happen.

I hear you. It's never been this bad before, but I was really struggling today. Maybe I need to plan WDW trips during the time change from now on.

I like that plan.
Don't see being able to implement it, but I certainly like the plan.

Google Disney princess 50 shades of Grey. I don't even dare post the link here.

that didn't take long to crop up :sad2:

May that hammer's aim be faulty.

Morning Guys, still lots of snow up here but we are starting to get in to the warm days, cold night cycle. That's good for melting, managing potential spring floods and maple syrup.

Have a great Tuesday.

So... productive? Or no?

Semi productive.

Top O the Morning Dads! I know the time change thing should be absorbed by now but I am just dragging today. I think that getting back home Friday from Vegas with that 2 hour time change then the hour on Saturday has just caught up to me.

Separate note, one of my team members and close friends (we have worked together for the better part of 28 years now) parents were in a major car accident last week. They will survive, but are going to need assisted care for the rest of their lives. They are 82 & 85 so if ya get the chance send out positive thoughts or a prayer or tow for them - much appreciated.
Positive thoughts that DW is not affected as well as for those that Thor does hit.
No, you just need to hit the Powerball and build at Golden Oak. We can move the RV Park from CJ's to your new place then.
Now that there is one heck of an idea
Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!
Thanks Randall and back at ya. How are you doing after your work situation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!