DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Just waiting for the kid to stop by so we can head to Key Largo. She is doing a presentation on marine life and I get to play for a couple of hours.

Funny story. My sister decided to take her kids down to WDW in August for a week, so my wife decided she'd bring our kids down then too (we have APs, so she thought it was a no-brainer... she's great with disney math :sad2:)... and after listening to them all talk about it, I decided I'd fly down for a 4-day weekend and join in the fun. So looks like a nice unexpected wdw trip is in my future this summer. Something to look forward to.

Big win there Buddy.

Congratulations Crash!

She thanks you and said it was good to hear you are back on your feet. Unfortunately she will be skipping the marathon this year.

Got home Thursday....

Very good to hear you are on the mend.

Morning all. Super team Belgium is really good this morning. Hazard is one of my favorite players to watch.

My choice to win it. After all, who can dislike the Belgiums? Have to ask Dan if there is a England/Belgium spat 300 yers ago or something.

Disney has a magical pretzel and beer tree that never runs out.

They should plant them at the Living With the Land attraction. Would bring a whole new selling point for the seeds tour.

They sure are beating up on the Tunisians.

That they are. Slapping them silly.

Heading downtown with DW today to see Disney in Concert with the Nashville Symphony and some of the broadway singers. There will be a screen showing the film scenes as well. An outdoor amphitheater right in down town is the venue so should be a nice evening. Have a great weekend guys.

Sounds like a great night. Have fun.

Disney has a magical pretzel and beer tree that never runs out.

giphy.gif

Evening fellas. Hope all are doing well. Long week, glad it's over.

Funny story. My sister decided to take her kids down to WDW in August for a week, so my wife decided she'd bring our kids down then too (we have APs, so she thought it was a no-brainer... she's great with disney math :sad2:)... and after listening to them all talk about it, I decided I'd fly down for a 4-day weekend and join in the fun. So looks like a nice unexpected wdw trip is in my future this summer. Something to look forward to.

Hope they still have beer and pretzels down there when I get there.

Just a bit jealous right now. ;)

My choice to win it. After all, who can dislike the Belgiums? Have to ask Dan if there is a England/Belgium spat 300 yers ago or something.
No, but mayonnaise on Frites is worthy of invasion. Friggin' weirdos.
Why don't they act like normal people and use ketchup, or put some cheese curds and gravy on them bad boys?

(not really, as a soft shandy drinking southern liberal europhile, I use mayo on frites all the time, it's delicious)

The only sticking point is Lukaku. I can't stand that geezer, mainly as when he played for Everton he had over a goal a game against West Ham.

The interesting thing in this World Cup is that everyone looks beatable. The Quarter finals and then on, from what I've seen, anyone could win it.

The announcer in the Mexico vs S Korea match is calling it like the match of the century. So fun to listen to, even if match isn't as good as Belgium.

They sure are beating up on the Tunisians.

Tunisia played well against them though. Score could have been a lot higher.

Just waiting for the kid to stop by so we can head to Key Largo. She is doing a presentation on marine life and I get to play for a couple of hour

Enjoy the fun and time with your soon to be employed daughter.

The only sticking point is Lukaku. I can't stand that geezer, mainly as when he played for Everton he had over a goal a game against West Ham.

The interesting thing in this World Cup is that everyone looks beatable. The Quarter finals and then on, from what I've seen, anyone could win it.

Way to hold that grudge.

Sweden should have received a PK and be up on Germany 2-1.

It's a cross I have to bear, hating players that performed against West Ham. Which is pretty much everyone who pulled on a pair of boots.
I'm comfortable with it.

Well, at least your comfortable? :lmao:

Sweden should have received a PK and be up on 2-1.

:lmao:

Pure FIFA corruption cheating. Referee refuses to call foul in penalty box against Germany at 32 minute and refuses to have video review. Referee calls foul against Sweden at 90+5, Germany gets free kick, and wins game.

Pure FIFA corruption cheating. Referee refuses to call foul in penalty box against Germany at 32 minute and refuses to have video review. Referee calls foul against Sweden at 90+5, Germany gets free kick, and wins game.
Wow. Really? I haven’t seen highlights. Was at work.

No, but mayonnaise on Frites is worthy of invasion. Friggin' weirdos.

Why don't they act like normal people and use ketchup, or put some cheese curds and gravy on them bad boys? (not really, as a soft shandy drinking southern liberal europhile, I use mayo on frites all the time, it's delicious)

When the kid was a kid, her mother would let her eat fries with mayo. Every time she did it, I threw up in my mouth a bit.

I think that is true. Could be a fun second round.

The announcer in the Mexico vs S Korea match is calling it like the match of the century. So fun to listen to, even if match isn't as good as Belgium.

If it is the Hispanic guy I heard announce games during the week, he is great. He brings the enthusiasm of a a Telemundo broadcast.

Enjoy the fun and time with your soon to be employed daughter.

Nice day, I drove her down there, she did the presentation while I went to an Irish bar for a burger and beverage. Watched the Mexico game. Dove back, hit Jacque Pennese for a couple of pairs of shorts and then to Publix for provisions. Best of all, I made it home before the skies opened up.

Sweden should have received a PK and be up on Germany 2-1.

Didn't see the game. Damn Germany.

So watched the highlights on YouTube.
I counted 13-4 in favour of Germany with scoring chances. 11-3 for good chances.
Agree that it was a foul and it should have been awarded, which could (probably?) have made it 2-1 Sweden.
Then again... with a goal advantage, would Germany have pressed harder and scored more? Or left themselves open defensively and lost 3-1?

I've noticed some amazing saves already at this World Cup...

But nothing compares to Scott Sterling's amazing penalty kick performance from 2014.

For those who haven't seen it, here ya go.

If it is the Hispanic guy I heard announce games during the week, he is great. He brings the enthusiasm of a a Telemundo broadcast.

Nice day, I drove her down there, she did the presentation while I went to an Irish bar for a burger and beverage. Watched the Mexico game. Dove back, hit Jacque Pennese for a couple of pairs of shorts and then to Publix for provisions. Best of all, I made it home before the skies opened up.

That's the one. He did the GoooooooooooooooooooAAAAALLLLL!!!!! And, he did it when they did the replay a minute later. it was fun to listen too.

So watched the highlights on YouTube.
I counted 13-4 in favour of Germany with scoring chances. 11-3 for good chances.
Agree that it was a foul and it should have been awarded, which could (probably?) have made it 2-1 Sweden.
Then again... with a goal advantage, would Germany have pressed harder and scored more? Or left themselves open defensively and lost 3-1?

True on both points. And, Sweden could have pulled a Messi and choked on the PK. I just don't like it when the referee, just like in the NFL, decides the outcome of a game by making calls in favor of one team.

Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!

Got home Thursday. Did well with the physical therapy (PT) while at the hospital. Surgery was a success, before surgery I was only able walk 5 minutes before my legs would go numb. I was told that I may not see any improvements for weeks or even months. It dawned on me while walking with the PT nurse that we had been walking for longer than 5 min and I wasn't numb at all. They kept me in the hospital longer because I had a lot of discharge, so Thursday morning came and the doctor said I could go home. He said he would be up about 4 pm to button me up and to have Jodi there so we could discuss home care. He left and about 10 min later I put my brace on to take a walk, I hadn't used the walker since Tuesday, so I didn't use it then. I headed out to the hallway and started down the hall, when I see my doctor at a work station. I breeze pass him, said good morning to him again only to see a look of shock on his face. I continued my walk to the end of the hallway turned around and came back. When I passed him again he had a big grin on his face and told me I was doing ready great. I got back to my room took off my brace and sat in my chair just as the doctor ran into my room to tell me he would be back up at noon to get me buttoned up and to get me on my way home. I did have a setback at home and need to use the walker again, but as of this morning I am once again walker free. I am still mind numb from all the drugs, and just typing this has taken me longer than it should have, so if anyone wants to update the crew on the Facebook feel free to do so. As for me, I think I'll take a nap.

Hey you kids, get off my lawn...

Awesome news:goodvibes Hopefully soon you will be able to do this again:dancer::thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter