DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Went to Dr this AM and official diagnosis is left knee lateral meniscus tear. That is apparently worse than the right knee medial meniscus tear. Dr advised no tennis and recommended surgery. I'm considering having both knees done at same time, if insurance will approve it. That wasn't the news I was looking for.

Oh, man. That totally sucks. Hope they get fixed up soon.

What is going on here? You and Dan, who's next? Suggest we hunker down until the injury bug goes away.

Good afternoon, folks. Just got back from a short business trip to Nashville. Nothing like a business trip to prove it truly is a small world--conference rooms do indeed look the same everywhere in the world.

'Morning all...

For the fourth time this year I'll say that is finally looks like things are calming down a mite in the work-a-day environment. We'll see if I get proved wrong again (and determine just how quickly I get proved wrong).

Just tell your bosses you have my permission to hang out on the DIS.

For those of you following the World Cup, enjoy the festivities and competitions.
For those that ain't, I say, enjoy some festivities anyway (especially those that include large amounts of libation).

I guess I'll be in the second group, then. I would make fun of people for watching something as boring as soccer, but then I realized I'll be watching U.S. Open golf and remembered something about throwing stones in glass houses and all that.

Went to Dr this AM and official diagnosis is left knee lateral meniscus tear. That is apparently worse than the right knee medial meniscus tear. Dr advised no tennis and recommended surgery. I'm considering having both knees done at same time, if insurance will approve it. That wasn't the news I was looking for.

Yuck. Sorry to hear that, Norm. Good luck with the recovery.

Did you order the landing strip steak?
And a tender cut that is, too...

That wasn't the news I was looking for.
I should say not.
May you be allowed to have the repairs made.
And may you heal quickly after that.

Customer: Is that a fly on my steak?
Waiter: Well, it's certainly not a hair!
I like that one...

Cool. Thinking about trying that sometime.
It was more fun then I 'spected it'd be.
We figured about three quarters of the puzzles without too much issue and had the basic gist behind the rest but were usually missing one little bit of info that a hint or two ended up straightening out. Gott'a watch for red herrings and bits of dis-used puzzles left over from previous designs, though (those will chew up a lot of your time).

What is going on here? You and Dan, who's next? Suggest we hunker down until the injury bug goes away.
Agreed...
I haven't busted anything recently and I'd like to keep it that way.

Nothing like a business trip to prove it truly is a small world--conference rooms do indeed look the same everywhere in the world.
True...
But conference rooms on Disney property are just a smidgen more magical.

Just tell your bosses you have my permission to hang out on the DIS.
Oh, they allow it (cause they don't know 'bout it).
The problem is more their unreasonable demands that I actually solve the problems that get tossed on my desk in a timely fashion.

I guess I'll be in the second group, then. I would make fun of people for watching something as boring as soccer, but then I realized I'll be watching U.S. Open golf and remembered something about throwing stones in glass houses and all that.
Me too, also.
And when it comes to being interested in things the many others find pointless...
Well, lets just say that I dwell in a glass mansion.

Last edited:
Went to Dr this AM and official diagnosis is left knee lateral meniscus tear.
Sorry bud. Right there with ya. Will they do both at once, aren't lateral tears supposed to be non weight bearing for a couple of weeks?
Did he say no tennis period or until recovery?
Right now I have an ever growing list of teams I don't want and will root for teams playing against them
so the "Statler and Waldorf" approach. Like it.
Nope, ain't doing it, ain't goin there.................
Come on Mike, surely you can pluck one out of thin hair. Air. I mean air.
Enjoy the Incredibles, I'm really looking forward to seeing it once I get mobile. At the minute, thats just too far on the crutches.
Saw my first flop in the World Cup and it belonged to..... Russia.
You clearly weren't watching Robbie Williams beforehand then.
Also hoping the host country fails at staging a good games and will not be awarded an international event again.
Not planning on visiting Moscow any time soon then buddy?
I would make fun of people for watching something as boring as soccer
Well that's one less Xmas card I need....
And a tender cut that is, too...
Very juicy. I'm done now.

sorry to hear that. sucks.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that Norm. Meniscus tears are were ended DD's soccer playing.

Well, my pro career already ended before it started. I'm hoping I can recover and play without the pain.

Oh, man. That totally sucks. Hope they get fixed up soon.

Thanks.

Good afternoon, folks. Just got back from a short business trip to Nashville. Nothing like a business trip to prove it truly is a small world--conference rooms do indeed look the same everywhere in the world.

Yuck. Sorry to hear that, Norm. Good luck with the recovery.

Thanks. The conference room that looks different is the Sea Grape at Vero Beach Resort. It has Donald & Goofy there now for breakfast.

I should say not.
May you be allowed to have the repairs made.
And may you heal quickly after that.

Thanks.

Sorry bud. Right there with ya. Will they do both at once, aren't lateral tears supposed to be non weight bearing for a couple of weeks?
Did he say no tennis period or until recovery?

Yes, he'll do both at the same time. He said the lateral tear is more problematic, more painful, and said no tennis. He didn't say I had to use th crutches, but said swimming should be only leg exercise I do. So now, it's back to get insurance approved for the surgery and then schedule it. I have the catastrophic plan, so first $6000 is on me, then insurance covers the rest. If I gotta pay, might as well get a 2 for 1 discount.

Yes, he'll do both at the same time. He said the lateral tear is more problematic, more painful, and said no tennis. He didn't say I had to use th crutches, but said swimming should be only leg exercise I do. So now, it's back to get insurance approved for the surgery and then schedule it. I have the catastrophic plan, so first $6000 is on me, then insurance covers the rest. If I gotta pay, might as well get a 2 for 1 discount.

Hope that it all goes well Norm. Also sorry to hear that this will cost you 6 grand.

Sending your way some of Tinks pixie dust:tink:. Hope for a Full and Speedy recovery.

Before my last trip I said that I wanted to do something at HS but did not mention what it was in case I didn't get to do it. Well we did it and I will briefly tell you what it was you will have to do some research:magnify: why you might ask:confused3. Out of the probably over 1 million plus visitors to HS so far this year, we are on page 18 of a ledger with 32 spaces per page, so basically that is less then 576 people this year have done it YTD. With that I consider this a honor:goodvibes if you do it:thumbsup2. So what is it- you can get a Magic Moment as a Disney Historian, basically all you have to do is take a 3 question test:worship:, you will get a Magic Moment Certificate and your name goes into the ledger:cool2:. I'm not going to say anymore , but since I am so anti- tech and was able to find out about on far less info then I just posted, I'm pretty sure it can be figured out:scratchinpopcorn::.

Starting to get a little pumped for my October trip for F&W. DVC Member Services sent out a notice of a small discount for the food and beverage seminars. Did a couple of these the last time and enjoyed it. Pulled up a list of the ones when I am there and while the beverage ones are so so, it looks like some good food seminars. Shrimp, beef and crab for three of the days. A Master Distiller from Jack Daniels is going to be there on Friday so I have to go to that. Supposed to check out Friday so I wait listed for it. Long shot but even if I don't get an extension, I will find someplace to sleep. I'm starting to think this is going to be fun.

CJ when are you going in Oct:confused3

Morning, my bacon loving brethren.
Haven't got much today. 3 WC matches on, so not too bad. Getting pretty frustrated on my lack of ability to do anything.

Have a good day y'all.

Morning folks.

Or, can I drive to Canada and use your ID for health care? :drive:

You can... but you'll have to wait 6 months.

Haven't got much today. 3 WC matches on, so not too bad. Getting pretty frustrated on my lack of ability to do anything.

You're not doing nothing. You're contributing to WC viewing numbers. This is not insignificant.

Well.... maybe it is. But it's still something!

'Morning all...
It's quiet down this way. Too quite...

The heat index 'round here is expected to enter the realm of physically hazardous this afternoon and stay there for about a week. or so. That being the case I decided that what needs to happen this evening is that I ought to go out in the yard an start pruning and shearing back the hedges and overhanging limbs that are encroaching on our parking spaces.

Good Lord, am I stupid of what?

Before my last trip I said that I wanted to do something at HS but did not mention what it was in case I didn't get to do it. Well we did it and I will briefly tell you what it was you will have to do some research:magnify: why you might ask:confused3. Out of the probably over 1 million plus visitors to HS so far this year, we are on page 18 of a ledger with 32 spaces per page, so basically that is less then 576 people this year have done it YTD. With that I consider this a honor:goodvibes if you do it:thumbsup2. So what is it- you can get a Magic Moment as a Disney Historian, basically all you have to do is take a 3 question test:worship:, you will get a Magic Moment Certificate and your name goes into the ledger:cool2:. I'm not going to say anymore , but since I am so anti- tech and was able to find out about on far less info then I just posted, I'm pretty sure it can be figured out:scratchinpopcorn::.
Something I've been meaning to do...
But since they are planning to alter/replace the attraction where you can do this (and likely before I can get back down there) I'm wondering if it will still be offered or possibly moved to a different part of the park. Have any insights on that?

'Morning all...

The heat index 'round here is expected to enter the realm of physically hazardous this afternoon and stay there for about a week. or so. That being the case I decided that what needs to happen this evening is that I ought to go out in the yard an start pruning and shearing back the hedges and overhanging limbs that are encroaching on our parking spaces.

I'm gonna quote Dan (or at least what I think Dan might say)...

Brilliant mate!

:lmao:

Happy Friday Gents, I survived the week, training course certificate on the wall, boss left to go back to Calgary this morning. Looking forward to Friday. Youngest DD is off to a sleepover tonight, so DW and I are on our own. Will have to think of something to do. Probably ZZZZZzzzzzzzz........

Well, I don't know what a meniscus is, but I doesn't sound good. Sorry to hear you'll have to go through surgery, but hopefully it will make things better in the long run.

Must be difficult. I would go a bit stir crazy. Although I'm not a sports person, I do hate sitting around. Always like to have something to do. I hope you heal up quickly.

Very cool! I didn't know anything about this, but thanks to @Disney Commando and google, I do now. I will have to keep this in mind and try it on my August trip.

Morning guys. Not much going on here other than usual mundane stuff plus the World Cup.

so the "Statler and Waldorf" approach. Like it.

Yep, at least for now.

Not planning on visiting Moscow any time soon then buddy?

Worried about falling out of a window. Seems they have an epidemic of that over there.

6G's is tough to swallow. You are right, best to get them both done at once.

what is it- you can get a Magic Moment as a Disney Historian, basically all you have to do is take a 3 question test:worship:, you will get a Magic Moment Certificate and your name goes into the ledger:cool2:. I'm not going to say anymore , but since I am so anti- tech and was able to find out about on far less info then I just posted, I'm pretty sure it can be figured out:scratchinpopcorn::.

That is kind of cool. Thanks for the tip and I may try it sometime.

CJ when are you going in Oct:confused3

9/30 - 10/5. You going to be there?

Getting pretty frustrated on my lack of ability to do anything.

Yea but you got to heal as much as you can for the trip. Hang tough Bubba.

'Morning all...

I think a better plan would be to grab some cold drinks and sit back ans watch that hedge grow.

Happy Friday Gents, I survived the week, training course certificate on the wall, boss left to go back to Calgary this morning. Looking forward to Friday. Youngest DD is off to a sleepover tonight, so DW and I are on our own. Will have to think of something to do. Probably ZZZZZzzzzzzzz........

Good to hear there wasn't a snowstorm to keep the boss from getting out. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter