DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

all of the drinks? Welcome mate, you’ll be just fine here with offers like that

Cool, when the DISDad's were there in January, the bill was $700 + ;)

Excellent. I'll tell them to bill you.

All right, all right, I get it guys... Let's just say a (reasonable number of) multiple drinks will be charged to my MagicBand if and when I see you there.

Just three more days till I get to book FastPasses! :mickeyjum

Welcome. Have anything special planned for the upcoming trip?
We are going to Cinderella's Royal Table for the first time, will probably also try Chefs de France since we went to Paris for our honeymoon. We're supposedly going to try to do more "resort time" at BLT and Poly, but I have trouble keeping myself from the parks when I'm there!

Awesome! Is she headed to Memorial?
Yes she is. She's planning on an undergraduate degree in behavioural neuroscience (I had no idea that was a thing until she started talking about it) but has high and lofty plans to go on to medicine. We'll see how that goes, but she's off to a good start at least.

On a bit of a sad note, Declan decided not to play with the basketball provincial team program this summer, the first time in 2 years he won't be with that program. On a happy note, that should save us about $5000.
Must have been a tough decision. But it's hard to sink that much money into something if it's not really what they want.
Youngest DD is fairly heavily into dance and we probably spend that much in a year between classes, costumes, competition entrance fees, recital tickets, etc. But it's become a bit too political in the last year (too much "Dance Moms" stuff going on) so we're considering making changes.
Always an exciting time! I hope you get what you're looking for.

Hello Gents, happy-ish Monday. Spring break was so nice, it was tough to come in. BUT it is the home stretch now, seven weeks until Summer.

And, DW finally decides to tell me she is ready to live on Gulf Coast of Florida, as opposed to Cocoa or Vero Beach. I'm taking that as the green light to start planning. If i can find a place in the Destin, FL or Gulf Shores, AL area, then we are buying. Anyone know a good realtor?

Lee? Yeah, we have a few days to overlap.

We love the Gulf Coast, though we typically visit down below Tampa. We would move there in a heartbeat, but it will be at least five years. That's when my wife can retire from the Virginia retirement system with full benefits.

I have set my preliminary FP along with ADR, looks like Wednesday is a MK night, Thursday AK and Epcot, Friday DHS and ?, and Saturday MK.

And, DW finally decides to tell me she is ready to live on Gulf Coast of Florida, as opposed to Cocoa or Vero Beach. I'm taking that as the green light to start planning. If i can find a place in the Destin, FL or Gulf Shores, AL area, then we are buying. Anyone know a good realtor?

Progress is good. Great beaches over there but a longer drive to WDW. Not Kentucky long but longer than Cocoa.

Another high school volleyball tournament in the books with a semi final loss for the second week on a row. All in all the team played better than last weekend so that encouraging for them. I'm having a lot of fun sitting in the stands and getting some photos with my new camera.

On a bit of a sad note, Declan decided not to play with the basketball provincial team program this summer, the first time in 2 years he won't be with that program. On a happy note, that should save us about $5000.

Sorry about the loss but at least he got to that game. Understand your mixed reaction on no playing for the provincial team. Saving $5,000 is a bit of a win though.

Great runs by Rickie and Jordan to make it fun and interesting. Reed deserved to win it though. Good ending for sure.

It was a good Masters to watch.

All right, all right, I get it guys... Let's just say a (reasonable number of) multiple drinks will be charged to my MagicBand if and when I see you there.

We are pretty good a reciprocating so don't worry about it.

Happy hunting on getting what you want.

We are going to Cinderella's Royal Table for the first time, will probably also try Chefs de France since we went to Paris for our honeymoon. We're supposedly going to try to do more "resort time" at BLT and Poly, but I have trouble keeping myself from the parks when I'm there!

I enjoy Chefs for a nice lunch break.

Yes she is. She's planning on an undergraduate degree in behavioural neuroscience (I had no idea that was a thing until she started talking about it) but has high and lofty plans to go on to medicine. We'll see how that goes, but she's off to a good start at least.

Smarter kid than I am by far. Good luck to her. Exciting time in her life.

I have set my preliminary FP along with ADR, looks like Wednesday is a MK night, Thursday AK and Epcot, Friday DHS and ?, and Saturday MK.

Good deal.

Just got back from a long weekend in New England visiting my brother. I'm guessing we're the only family dumb enough to go north for spring break.

Just dropping in with some great news. DD18 just received an entrance scholarship from her university. Her tuition for the entire first year will be covered! Her hard work in high school has paid off. I’m a bit proud of her and happy about the dollars too of course. Happy Friday!

Wow, congratulations to DD! Great news!

Now it's time to watch the end of the Masters.

Hope you get to watch it because the is turning out to be a show.

Great runs by Rickie and Jordan to make it fun and interesting. Reed deserved to win it though. Good ending for sure.

I got back just in time to see the back nine drama play out. Great to watch. I was pulling for Spieth to pull off the all-time comeback.

Monday. :sad2: Over the weekend, got the tennis team back together to make another run. Couldn't recruit enough for over 40, so we are going over 18 again. But, I added some ringers, and if they are approved, then i think we have a good run at it.

Good deal, I know you’ve been looking forward to the day.

Now, just need to find the place. On the beach is expensive, but a great daily view.

I'm 2 cups in so far!

Any whiskey in those? :drinking1:

When we did value resorts, we did parks everyday. Once we bought into DVC, we started going to the parks every other day and enjoying the resort and all they have to offer.

We love the Gulf Coast, though we typically visit down below Tampa. We would move there in a heartbeat, but it will be at least five years. That's when my wife can retire from the Virginia retirement system with full benefits.

It will probably be around the same time frame for me, if our Governor wins the war on public workers & teachers retirement. But, I'd be willing to cash out now, invest, and find whatever job i could in Florida. I mean, i can always dance in that rhinestone budgie smuggler Dan gave me. :scared1::lmao:

Progress is good. Great beaches over there but a longer drive to WDW. Not Kentucky long but longer than Cocoa.

True. But, with a beach condo view, it would be enjoyable.

All this talk of moving to Florida makes me envious. A permanent move would be far more complicated for me with immigration to deal with. But I've always had a fantasy of being a snowbird - those retired Canadians who winter in Florida and come back North for the summer. Seems like the best of both worlds. Probably just a dream, but who knows.

Over the weekend, got the tennis team back together to make another run. Couldn't recruit enough for over 40, so we are going over 18 again. But, I added some ringers, and if they are approved, then i think we have a good run at it.
So that's how you end up playing against all those young guys. Hope it goes well for you.

Morning Guys, welcome to Tuesday.

Just found out that I get to make this a short week. One of the local hotels asked me to curl with them on Friday in the local chamber of commerce bonspiel. That's a Friday out of the office with free booze and a son that has his driver's license. :drinking1

Any whiskey in those? :drinking1:

Unfortunately no. :(

All this talk of moving to Florida makes me envious. A permanent move would be far more complicated for me with immigration to deal with. But I've always had a fantasy of being a snowbird - those retired Canadians who winter in Florida and come back North for the summer. Seems like the best of both worlds. Probably just a dream, but who knows.

I hear you. I keep pushing for that now and we are no where near retirement.

I know snowbirders who own and who rent. So, I calculate the amount to own in two locations vs just buying beach front and visiting. I know my situation comes down to timing. DW isn't moving until there is a break in dds school, because no one has ever moved to another state while in HS. :furious:

If we wait too long and my girls get married or have children in KY, I won't get DW to move. But, if they move outside the state or maybe to different cities, then maybe there is a chance. Still, it's going to happen immediately or 4-5 years from now.

So that's how you end up playing against all those young guys. Hope it goes well for you.

I can compete well enough with the younger ones, it's the rest. Unlike the pro tennis tournaments on TV, we don't get days to recover. The tournament is over in 4 consecutive days, with sometimes two matches a day with a few hours rest. I definitely can't do that.

Just found out that I get to make this a short week. One of the local hotels asked me to curl with them on Friday in the local chamber of commerce bonspiel. That's a Friday out of the office with free booze and a son that has his driver's license.

Can't imagine how you can compete at a high level sport like curling while consuming alcohol. It's not like the teams in the Olympics were drinking beer, or were they ......

Just found out that I get to make this a short week. One of the local hotels asked me to curl with them on Friday in the local chamber of commerce bonspiel. That's a Friday out of the office with free booze and a son that has his driver's license. :drinking1
tenor.gif

Evening guys.

My company makes research equipment and machinery for behavioural neuroscientists. Before they started paying me, I had no idea it was a thing either...

Just got back from a long weekend in New England visiting my brother. I'm guessing we're the only family dumb enough to go north for spring break.

Thanks for stopping by! I was here all weekend! ;)

Just tell them, you came for the beer, but stayed for the drama...

Sounds like a DDCC...

Hello gents! It’s a real PITA to be in Orlando for 2+ days now and not one thing Disney. Also a pain of 12 haours at convention center putting exhibit together. Sorry that Dan got flooded out of Disney today.
Morning Guys, welcome to Tuesday.

Sounds like a good day - enjoy

Had quite a interesting time at WDW this trip:cool1:. We got evacuated off 2 rides, 1st was Big Thunder we got stuck going up the hill near the goats, we got to walk down the steps and into the underneath passage ways of the ride, This was like a extra tour for us , we thought this was great:bounce:. The next day we got stuck on The Kali River Rapids, we had to wait for Reedy Creek FD to get us off, once again this was something we thought was cool:banana:. So now I have a new chapter for my little notebook:thumbsup2.

My 12 year old son now has a top 3 restaurant list that is most likely not the same as other kids his age, but I guess he takes after his Dad :dancer:. his top 3 is #3 Teppen Edo, #2 The Edison and coming in at #1 Shula's :goodvibes. We ate at the outback the other day and when the waitress asked how our meals were, he said it's no Shula's:rotfl2:.

Since he is a picky eater I guess my budget for dinner at WDW has just gone up big time, I also will not deny him going to these places since he actually will eat everything on the plate:confused3. Also he praises the cheeseburger at ABC in HS:goodvibes

Since I had our car this trip we also visited my wife's favorite place, The Character Warehouse on Vineland, we got like $450 worth of stuff for under $200party:.

It was quite crowded but with planning we avoid the crowds, got everything we wanted to do done and even had a few hours a day down time:eek:. Now it's time to start planning our next trip Memorial day week with extended family:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter