DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning folks.
After working last night, I'm back at work this morning....
<sigh> And so it begins again.

Morning Guys from frigid New Brunswick. Current temperature -19C but feels like -28C
5f549deb_Frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-emoticon-000590-large.gif

Nice! Not too cold then. (I just came in from outside. -31C/-24F)

Just going to drop this here...

Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion table - Canadian perspective: by declansdad

· 70 above (+19 deg. Celsius): Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear. People in Canada go swimming in the Lakes.

· 60 above (+14 C): North Carolinians try to turn on the heat. People in Canada plant gardens.

· 50 above (+9 C): Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Canada sunbathe.

· 40 above (+4 C): Italian and English cars won't start. People in Canada drive with the windows down.

· 32 above (0 C): Distilled water freezes. Lake Superior's water gets thicker.

· 20 above (-6 C): Floridians put on coats, thermal underwear, gloves and woolly hats. People in Canada throw on a flannel shirt.

· 15 above (-8.5 C): Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Canada have the last cookout before it gets cold.

· 0 degrees (-18 C): People in Miami all die. Canadians lick the flagpole.

· 20 below (-26 C): Californians fly away to Mexico. People in Canada get out their winter coats.

· 40 below (-36 C): Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Guides in Canada re selling cookies door to door.

· 60 below (-46 C): Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Canadian Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

· 80 below (-56 C): Mt. St. Helens freezes. People in Canada rent some videos.

· 100 below (-66 C): Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Canadians get frustrated because they can't thaw the keg.

· 297 below (-164.5 C): Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products. Cows in Canada complain about farmers with cold hands.

· 460 below (-246 C): ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale). People in Canada start saying, "Cold 'nuff for ya?"

· 500 below (-266 C): Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.

So Darcys licking a flagpole right now? Ponzie, I'll take a case of mint thins.

Hello boys. Agree with Norm way too cold but considering we are from Chicago I’ll take this over that. Doin a lot of nothing yesterday and today, just hanging with the family and playing a good amount of video games with DS. Have a good day and hopefully the bowl games today are better CJ.

You don't know Admiral Akbar's name? Shame on you 007. You might lose your license over that one.
Yeah, if there was a Star Wars quiz to get on here, I wouldn't even call the committee to order. I remember the Emperor was a bit of a toerag.
playing a good amount of video games with DS
Me as well mate. We currently have Lego Dimensions and Disney Infinity on deck. These NFC games are pretty good. I remember I had NES Duck Hunt, and i thought that was amazing when I was a kid. How times change.

Last edited:
Morning Guys from frigid New Brunswick. Current temperature -19C but feels like -28C

!

Nope. Too cold. Go back inside.

So Darcys licking a flagpole right now? Ponzie, I'll take a case of mint thins.

Licking a flagpole? Is that more British slang for something else? :scared1: :lmao:

Yeah, if there was a Star Wars quiz to get on here, I wouldn't even call the committee to order. I remember the Emperor was a bit of a toerag.

What his name? Palpatine? I thought he was cool shooting lightening out of his hands. Too bad about thay ugly face thing though - tough to pick up the ladies.

Morning guys. The Pirate Princess has to drive to Ft. Lauderdale for the day to talk with her professor coordinating her project in S. America. I will be stuck with the mutt I didn't want for the night. I think we are ordering out and having pizza and beer. Guys night.

1F is starting to get pretty cold.
Car started. Door repaired. Now at work.

Glad to hear the car runs and the door works.

That's not usually her thing. She just likes to react. I hope that remains true.

Good luck, hope you are right.

Nice! Not too cold then. (I just came in from outside. -31C/-24F)

Damn, that is cold. Nope, no way Jose, not going to do that.

Why would I start now? Enjoy the games mate

Hello boys. Agree with Norm way too cold but considering we are from Chicago I’ll take this over that. Doin a lot of nothing yesterday and today, just hanging with the family and playing a good amount of video games with DS. Have a good day and hopefully the bowl games today are better CJ.

Couple of snoozers and a couple of decent games. More today.

Morning, folks.
Warmed up quite a bit. -2F/-19C now. Pleasant strolling weather.

Morning guys. The Pirate Princess has to drive to Ft. Lauderdale for the day to talk with her professor coordinating her project in S. America. I will be stuck with the mutt I didn't want for the night. I think we are ordering out and having pizza and beer. Guys night.

Guys night. I’m surprised the dog drinks beer. Not surprised about the pizza though.

Morning Guys, woke up to this:

Special Weather Statement
Issued at 04:24 Thursday 28 December 2017

A cold Arctic airmass will prevail over New Brunswick. Cold temperatures combined with moderate to strong westerly winds will give wind chill values between minus 30 and minus 35 this morning.

Can someone tell me why didn't we go to Florida for Christmas?

Didn't realize Fort Lauderdale was such a long drive. ;)

The Pirate Princess has to drive to Ft. Lauderdale for the day to talk with her professor coordinating her project in S. America.

Didn't realize Fort Lauderdale was such a long drive. ;)

PP is only driving to Ft Lauderdale. But she is talking to her professor and coordinating her project IN S. America... It's like N. America, only South...

Morning, folks.
Warmed up quite a bit. -2F/-19C now. Pleasant strolling weather.
You really are Marvin the martian if you think that would be strolling weather. :eek:

Guys night. I’m surprised the dog drinks beer. Not surprised about the pizza though.
My dog (years ago) loved beer! Every time I had one, he was right there looking at me hoping "me too?".

Morning Guys, woke up to this:

Can someone tell me why didn't we go to Florida for Christmas?
Because we're too stupid.

I am curious, are you going out or staying home for New Year's Eve?

Depends.
I'll be working until about 11pm on the 31st and then have to get up at 5am on the 1st to get back to work.
So... technically I'll be out on NYE, but home by midnight... hopefully asleep.

ANYTHING below about 15C is NOT okay.

Nah...

You really are Marvin the martian if you think that would be strolling weather. :eek:

::yes:: I'm busy today, but was thinking of going out for a walk. Nice out.

My dog (years ago) loved beer! Every time I had one, he was right there looking at me hoping "me too?".

:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter