DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Monday guys. Not.

I have a conference call at 1:00 and after that I'm out. Done for the year and will pick things back up after marathon weekend. Only emergency calls will be taken and it will take a lot for my clients for me to write anything for them. I intend to enjoy Christmas, New Year and the DDC before I start back at it next year. That is a perk of being older than dirt and having a better than expected outcome with the Govm't.

Wow, four years. I remember she was one year ahead of the Pirate Princess. You posted about the prom, graduation, off to school and I'm thinking that is me next year. Cool that she has remained close to her College Program friend. Hope she has a blast.
In September when Dw and i were down, we found the guy who trained her in the
Mk. He is now a manager in Disney springs. We walked in, he looked at me and started smiling. He knew who I was as soon as he seen me. Lol He had no idea we were coming in. She keeps in touch with a lot of them. All a bunch of great people. Her roommate is still there, she works in sci-fi.

So her boyfriend is a drug maker? Sounds like a good match if you are OK with it. Mine is still more interested in wrangling sharks than settling down.

Lol. I ask him what is a pharmaceutical engineer? Tells me he designs pills bottles. I told him he's doing a sucky job because I can never get the lid off those things.

That was one of my favorite days of the year. Woke up, had breakfast, sat in front of the tube, had lunch/dinner delivered and didn't turn off the TV until the last game was over.

I think that is a majority opinion.

Hate coffee but enjoy tea so I would be good with that.

Well, today seems to be difficult for everyone but CJ. I want and paid my county property taxes. I got $30 off for paying three weeks early - better than interest I'll get on my bank savings account in that time frame. Not sure who thought that we should be annually taxed on stuff we already bought, but it's time to travel back in time and kick thr crap out of 'em.

I got to the office to find I had no coffee left. Had to make it a tea morning.

That stinks. I would have made a run for coffee.

Oh, and the icing on the cake was my minivan that went in the shop today for regular maintenance, just got a call that the brakes are ceased, rotors are gone, cabin air filter is dirty. Nothing that $1000 won't fix. I have no clue about car repair, so I just give them my money and tell them to make the problem go away.

That's a bad way to start the day.

I have a conference call at 1:00 and after that I'm out. Done for the year and will pick things back up after marathon weekend. Only emergency calls will be taken and it will take a lot for my clients for me to write anything for them. I intend to enjoy Christmas, New Year and the DDC before I start back at it next year. That is a perk of being older than dirt and having a better than expected outcome with the Govm't

And i thought my job was easy. 27 or more days off sounds great.

DONE! That's it, for the year. (cue exploding fireworks)

In the past, including last year, this is the busiest time of the year for fundraisers and it really hindered my celebration of Christmas and New Years. First time in 25 years I don't have to worry about making revenue targets and it feels good. Too old for that carp anymore.

In fact, I am thinking about giving up the game entirely. Maybe get a part time job to pay for trips to Disney and if it pays enough perhaps a visit the UK in the summer (UK is a long shot though). Have to think about it over the holidays and DDC.

I don't mean this as gloating so please don't take it that way. I am just really content right now and am enjoying it.

Hello gents! 24th wedding anniversary today I made it a great weekend by backing up DWs car out of the garage with the reart hatch in the open position. That's right crunch! Why did I back up with the hatch open you ask, because I did not know it was open. We were at inlaws helping them with decorations and DW needed some stuff so I headed down the street, pulled into garage, left car running, grabbed stuff we needed and proceeded to back out when the crunch noise occurred. No idea how the electronic hatch opened other than we had that problem back in April (unlatching while driving down the road) and I had to pay over $500 for the communication board to be replaced. Gonna be a fight I'm sure and will likely just get stuck with running it through insurance. Have a good week.
OK since when do the threads go to a whopping 739 pgs (got to be a record). For me next weekend will be Awesome back to The House Of The Mouse. I got my pocket notebook a Gibbs phone up to date and ready for action (LOL Laugh but do not under estimate it) . But most of all I look forward to meeting up with my great friend Randall, We always have a awesome time hanging out, He is on his game but I'm hoping to show him something new, but there is always the backup plan of cocktails. ( Don't worry Carl everything will be open it is during the day not EMHs LOL) . Now if any other Dads will be there Dec 9-11 PM me would be honored to meet up with you.
You and Randall have a blast
That and just for the Dolphins to lose again.
You got that one way wrong!
Lol !!! You can say that again CJ, this January it will be four years already that she did the program.
Her best friend who she met on the program and B get together every year down there.
The other girl is getting married in August and Briana is the maid of honor. Brianas boy friend has been hinting around. Lol. He's a bit younger and graduates this May. He did an internship where Briana works and that's how they met. After he graduates, he already has a job where B works. He is a pharmaceutical engineer. Great kid and family.
We all go out every once in awhile. Real down to earth people. ( and he's 6-2' 280 pounds so I don't have to lift anything anymore) lol
She is going to be 25 in February!!!! I'm getting old. Lol
Nice to hear from you Dave and good to hear things are good with you and yours.
Now off to check the Christmas credit card balance. :sad2:
Happy Monday.....
Had to go there didn't ya?

Hurray!

In the past, including last year, this is the busiest time of the year for fundraisers and it really hindered my celebration of Christmas and New Years. First time in 25 years I don't have to worry about making revenue targets and it feels good. Too old for that carp anymore.

Good for you! This will be a great Christmas, then. :)

In fact, I am thinking about giving up the game entirely. Maybe get a part time job to pay for trips to Disney and if it pays enough perhaps a visit the UK in the summer (UK is a long shot though). Have to think about it over the holidays and DDC.

Tough decision. Hoping you come up with the one that works best for you.

I don't mean this as gloating so please don't take it that way. I am just really content right now and am enjoying it.

Nope! Not taking it that way at all. You sound pretty happy, and that's good enough for me!

Hello gents! 24th wedding anniversary today I made it a great weekend by backing up DWs car out of the garage with the reart hatch in the open position. That's right crunch! Why did I back up with the hatch open you ask, because I did not know it was open. We were at inlaws helping them with decorations and DW needed some stuff so I headed down the street, pulled into garage, left car running, grabbed stuff we needed and proceeded to back out when the crunch noise occurred. No idea how the electronic hatch opened other than we had that problem back in April (unlatching while driving down the road) and I had to pay over $500 for the communication board to be replaced. Gonna be a fight I'm sure and will likely just get stuck with running it through insurance. Have a good week.

1. Congrats on 24 years.
2. Ouch. That sucks, but.... hoping you can get that taken care of.... at their expense.

Morning gents.
Work today. Christmas.... excuse me, Winter concert with DD16 this evening. Work tonight/tomorrow morning.
Gonna be a long one.

Evening Guys,

Home from the Island and Boys brought home the championship banner with them. In the end the two pool games they played yesterday were tougher than the semi and final they played today. That being said, they played a lot better today. In the semi-final they demolished the other guys 112-58 and then ran away from the host school 89-58 in the final. That makes 3 tournaments so far this season with a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd. Declan is in the regular rotation and getting his share of minutes. Always fun watching him play.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Congrats to Declan and, I presume, the proud papa!

Morning Guys.

Good news...I found the coffee!!!!

Ouch that bites. Good luck with the shop and the insurance company. We still haven't got DW's Tuscon back from her little bump with the deer. Luckily the insurance will be covering most of the $1300 repair bill.

Morning gents.
Work today. Christmas.... excuse me, Winter concert with DD16 this evening. Work tonight/tomorrow morning.
Gonna be a long one.

You could sleep at the concert.

Congrats to Declan and, I presume, the proud papa!

That I am. I think mama is pretty proud as well.

Oh, and the icing on the cake was my minivan that went in the shop today for regular maintenance, just got a call that the brakes are ceased, rotors are gone, cabin air filter is dirty. Nothing that $1000 won't fix. I have no clue about car repair, so I just give them my money and tell them to make the problem go away.

Now off to check the Christmas credit card balance. :sad2:
Happy Monday.....

If the brakes are seized, wouldn't that mean you couldn't drive it? Or maybe a case of the calipers not releasing the way they should. I'm not a mechanic (DS is), but that sounds kinda wonky.

Ouch. But.... brakes ceased? You didn't notice that when you tried to drive it?
Cabin air filter. I wonder if this is the biggest scam going? You need it to filter out all the bad outside air.... so.... never roll down a window. You'll die.
It's close. It is a real thing, but it's really just the filter for the AC/Heater system to bring in air from outside. I don't know that it being dirty is bad, per se...it can be cleaned with compressed air, but if you don't have an air compressor, then it would require them to do it.

I don't consider it as gloating and I'm kinda in that same boat...
I'm not independently wealthy, but I've run the numbers and if I get a part time something at Disney, I could semi-retire. I can't say about your rat race, but the IT rat race has gotten pretty ratty.

Morning Guys.

Good news...I found the coffee!!!!

:faint:

You could sleep at the concert.

No! She's tricky.
"So which song did you like the best? Why?"

Forces me to pay attention.
Totally unfair.

It's close. It is a real thing, but it's really just the filter for the AC/Heater system to bring in air from outside. I don't know that it being dirty is bad, per se...it can be cleaned with compressed air, but if you don't have an air compressor, then it would require them to do it.

And doing it yourself (replacing it, I mean) will cost a fraction of what you'll be charged. Instructions are in the owner's manual and not hard.

Happy Tuesday. Orthodontist with both dds and oil change now for the Tumbler. Have to keep it running for dd next month when she turns 16.

ADRs made for June trip. I'm ready to go now.

Congrats. And, it's not bragging. I look forward to being able to call it quits as well. When i win the lotto, I'll be done the next day and let you all know.

?

Happy Anniversary to you and the Mrs. Sorry to hear about the vehicle.

Morning gents.
Gonna be a long one.

Why can't you call it a Christmas concert? Try not to work too hard.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Festivus....... Who really cares? If anyone of those gets your panties in a bunch you (the general you) need to get some eggnog.
tenor.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter