DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

DS and his team won their first game in the tournament 62-58. He played pretty well, got about 20 minutes in and came away with 7 points, a handful of rebounds, couple of blocks and couple of blocks. He did a great job shutting down the opponents best player when he was matched up with him. With two games tomorrow we're hoping he'll have the stamina to keep chipping in. It is always nice to hear other parents say he played well and they really wished he had been around all season.

Thanks, really looking forward to it.

If by mother country you mean, St Thomas, Nassau or Tortola - Yes we are.
Good news on Declan!

Well, we got smoked, 38-18. The other team is doubling up their star players (allowed in rules), I've got three who shouldn't be playing in this tournament, and I'm giving everyone playing time. Oh well. I was hoping my good players could carry the bad players, but they can't. So, I'm playing my good players together at doubles and pairing the bad ones to get thumped.

How long are you down there till?

I'm assuming you've got 2 weeks in a bungalow. (who needs kidneys)

Kidneys, liver, heart. I could be that another robocop, minus the cop. :lmao: We are only there a few days. Points are just way too high for me to stay there. I'd like to try Grand Floridean so that I can say I've stayed in all DVC in the Eastern time zone, but those points are outrageously high as well.

Are you swinging by the mother country?

Send me a ticket and I'll meet you there in a few weeks when you return from your Poly trip.

DS and his team won their first game in the tournament 62-58. He played pretty well, got about 20 minutes in and came away with 7 points, a handful of rebounds, couple of blocks and couple of blocks. He did a great job shutting down the opponents best player when he was matched up with him. With two games tomorrow we're hoping he'll have the stamina to keep chipping in. It is always nice to hear other parents say he played well and they really wished he had been around all season.

Congrats to Declan.

Good Afternoon All. Andrew here! I am active on the facbook group, and Carl threated me if I did not stop by here to get a number, he would do bad things to me. So Hi!!

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Andrew! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #837!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Today is a great day! Celebrating 22 years of wedded bliss and where better to celebrate it....in a gym.

Well, we got smoked, 38-18. The other team is doubling up their star players (allowed in rules), I've got three who shouldn't be playing in this tournament, and I'm giving everyone playing time. Oh well. I was hoping my good players could carry the bad players, but they can't. So, I'm playing my good players together at doubles and pairing the bad ones to get thumped.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully all of your players will get something from the tournament.

Yeah, that was it. I thought your other site post had you going to Norway.

The cruise is with Norwegian but to my knowledge they don't cruise to Norway.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Proud Dad moment as DD passed her NCLEX and has New letters after her name BSN, RN. Enjoy the weekend with the families.
Sorry about that, hope you have better results today.
Today is a great day! Celebrating 22 years of wedded bliss and where better to celebrate it....in a gym.
Congrats! Knowing you, a gym seems pretty logical :thumbsup2

Hi All, Tim Gearin here. Proud member of the Facebook group who just doesn't feel whole without a proper Disdad number! My lack of official status is already costing me a round when Carl comes to visit in a few weeks, but I was hoping to snag an official number from the powers that be to maybe save me from future Disdad shame. Thanks!

Hi All, Tim Gearin here. Proud member of the Facebook group who just doesn't feel whole without a proper Disdad number! My lack of official status is already costing me a round when Carl comes to visit in a few weeks, but I was hoping to snag an official number from the powers that be to maybe save me from future Disdad shame. Thanks!

Hello Tim Gearin, would you please wait a moment while I check to see if our quota of Red Sox and Patriots fans have been filled yet...

Hello Tim Gearin, would you please wait a moment while I check to see if our quota of Red Sox and Patriots fans have been filled yet...

Oh Goody, we still have not filled that quota...

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB, Tim Gearin! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #838!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

...but I do believe our quota of Steelers fans has been over filled...

Morning gang. Up early and at Lowes by 7:00. Redoing the back yard and needed to get supplies. I think I am going to try pine bark instead of mulch. Bought a couple of bags to see if I like it. The yard was neglected for a while so lots of vines to pull and a dead bush to remove. Spent Friday afternoon and this morning on it and have passed the halfway point. About to die of heat stroke so came in for the afternoon. This old body can't take this stuff any more.

We also decide on our March Break 2018 vacation; decided to try NCL again and cruise on the Escape out of Miami. Looking forward to trying one of their bigger, newer ships.

Score. Only sailed on Disney and really enjoyed them. I want to schedule one on Royal Caribbean but have no idea when that will happen.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Dan when you call it may I suggest Leaping Horse Libations at Boardwalk pool are which is a favorite of Norm and CJ.

OK. That's it. I'm calling it. Work time over. Everyone in the Leaping Horse Libations in 30 minutes. I'm hung over, so its only beers for me.

Too bad about the hangover but you do need some hair of the dog. Leaping Horse is the best pool bar on property. The guys have been there forever. Besides where can you see a clown spit out kids.

Good Afternoon All. Andrew here! I am active on the facbook group, and Carl threated me if I did not stop by here to get a number, he would do bad things to me. So Hi!!

You should know by now that Carl is all bark and no bite.

Glad he played well and good luck the rest of the tournament.

Sorry about the loss but it wasn't like you got thrown out or anything. Good luck with the new strategy.

Happy Anniversary to you and your better half.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Proud Dad moment as DD passed her NCLEX and has New letters after her name BSN, RN. Enjoy the weekend with the families.

Congrats to her on the additional letters/title. Have to ask, what is NCLEX?

Oh Goody, we still have not filled that quota...

Sorry Tim, Randall is mistaken. He miscounted because Jim takes up three quota spaces.

Welcome!
Morning gang. Up early and at Lowes by 7:00. Redoing the back yard and needed to get supplies. I think I am going to try pine bark instead of mulch. Bought a couple of bags to see if I like it. The yard was neglected for a while so lots of vines to pull and a dead bush to remove. Spent Friday afternoon and this morning on it and have passed the halfway point. About to die of heat stroke so came in for the afternoon. This old body can't take this stuff any more.

Congrats to her on the additional letters/title. Have to ask, what is NCLEX?
Enjoy the yard work, got mine done this a.m. Before the flooding rain got her today. NCLEX is the final post graduate exam / test to become a registered nurse. It's like the bar exam for nursing.

Goodmorning all.
I see some new guys showed up lol. With numbers in the 800's you guys will be buying for ever. Andrew at least you beat Tim in here.

Good returns from morning match. We won 38-14. They weren't a very good team though. Time to load up for the next one.

Yep, got your bus ticket, I'd pack a snorkel.

I was hoping for a plane ticket. Apparently, you don't want me to visit after all. I'd crash the flat.

You'll be celebrating later ...

...with your wife

...in bed

...asleep. You're old. :lmao:

Yoga pants?

!

::yes::::yes::

That's two good ones today. Way to go CBO.

Tim, dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail the 820+ to me and then I mail to all the guys. It's as foolproof as Carl's wisdom.

DW had me plant shrubs a decade ago. I dug them up last year. I'm never planting anything again. I might hire someone to dig up the grass, our concrete, and spray paint in green.

Goodmorning all.
I see some new guys showed up lol. With numbers in the 800's you guys will be buying for ever. Andrew at least you beat Tim in here.

:wave: Drive-by. Will Carl, aka, drive-by, return to see his seconded nickname? Anybody want to take odds?

Last edited:
I was hoping for a plane ticket. Apparently, you don't want me to visit after all. I'd crash the flat.
Of course we want you to visit. The North wing of the Castle is beautiful in the summer. Carstairs will look after you. He's been in the family for years. Well done on the Tennis, you can only beat what's in front of you mate.
Hello Tim Gearin, would you please wait a moment while I check to see if our quota of Red Sox and Patriots fans have been filled yet..
I thought it was "one in, one out" on Pats fans?
NCLEX is the final post graduate exam
Congrats to the young'un Mike. Nice to see a couple of banners back on your sig, you were looking a bit naked there for a minute mate.

Congrats! Knowing you, a gym seems pretty logical :thumbsup2

Congrats to your DD! I have to say I have no idea what NCLEX is but I do understand BSN and RN.

I'm sure DW doesn't agree with you but she spends a lot of time in the gym as well.

'bout time you made your way over to the mothership. Welcome!

Yoga pants?

Nope!!!

Score. Only sailed on Disney and really enjoyed them. I want to schedule one on Royal Caribbean but have no idea when that will happen.

We've been with Carnival, Disney and Norwegian but NCL was the least favourite. Hopefully this one will be better. We when we know if we will have any time in Miami, we'll have to see if we can meet up for a beer or something.

Good returns from morning match. We won 38-14. They weren't a very good team though. Time to load up for the next one.

You'll be celebrating later ...

...with your wife

...in bed

...asleep. You're old. :lmao:

Good luck on the next one.

You're right about the sleep, DS is sharing the hotel room with us.

Tough loss on game two, 82-79. DS played much like yesterday and had similar minutes. The loss will drop them out of a chance to defend their title as only the top team in each pool advances and they will lose out on any tie-breakers I think. Not sure he thinks that is a bad thing as he's getting a bit sore. I'm guessing he'll ask me for the day off on Monday:rotfl2:.

Congratulations to your DD!
Thanks boss
Congrats to the young'un Mike. Nice to see a couple of banners back on your sig, you were looking a bit naked there for a minute mate.
Thanks on both accounts. Too early to book Boardwalk but that is the plan.
Congrats to your DD! I have to say I have no idea what NCLEX is but I do understand BSN and RN.
Thanks, NCLEX is the final certification exam to become RN. 4 years of school only gets you to the point of taking this before you can be an RN …

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter