DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Glad to hear you are OK.
Glad you and your family are safe. Really admire how Londoners reacted. No panic, throwing pints and chairs to fight off the attackers. I was struck by a story of a man who the next day went to the restaurant/pub he ran out of to pay his bill from the night before. "Keep Calm and Carry On" still epitomizes you Brits.
Looks like a bit of a tough weekend around here as thoughts and prayers go out to London
Cheers for the vibes fellas. The best one I saw was the guy being evacuated who brought his pint with him. That's britishness to a T. Even if you don't watch him regularly, check out John Oliver's monologue on the attacks, that pretty much sums it up.
Everyone had a great night and weekend though it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me and DW, but good emotions I guess. Not many pics yet from photographers but her is the best I have of the couple so far:
i bet it was a roller coaster mate. She looks fantastic. And he looks like a guy who realises he's done pretty well for himself. Pleased to hear it all went off well. So I'm guessing you didn't get a cheeky swing at the FIL then? Ah well, you can't have everything....
As a father of a daughter, I cheer any opportunities that are open to women who have talent. When she gets that Imagineering job, think she could set us up with a private backstage tour?
Seconded on both points.

Have a great evening chaps, all the best from what is now very nearly hump day,

Happy Tuesday. Lots of tennis this week in the evening making up for the long, daily commute.

Looks like a bit of a tough weekend around here as thoughts and prayers go out to London. The weekend was really great and the wedding could not have been a better event. Dad lost it just once, first look of the beautiful bride was just a bit much. Voice started to crack a bit during my speech / toast but I was able to get it back in order pretty quick. Everyone had a great night and weekend though it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me and DW, but good emotions I guess. Not many pics yet from photographers but her is the best I have of the couple so far:
IMG_2825_zps93qfmknz.jpg

Great picture. Congrats to her. Glad you made it thru.

Morning Guys.

Nice sunny day up here in the beautiful north. Spend a couple of day in Halifax to begin the week and now I have 3 days in the office before heading to Alberta for meetings next week. All in all I wish I was in WDW!

Hope everyone is well.

Have a good one!

Happy Wednesday. The sun is shining and it is in the low 70s here. You all have a great day.

Morning Guys.

Nice sunny day up here in the beautiful north. Spend a couple of day in Halifax to begin the week and now I have 3 days in the office before heading to Alberta for meetings next week. All in all I wish I was in WDW!

Hope everyone is well.

Have a good one!

Not many times when I don't wish I was at WDW. Have fun at those meetings.

Please forgive this proud dad moment brag and skip it if you don't want to hear it. Earlier this year, the Cousteau Society went to the kid's school and said they wanted to fund a project at a marine nature preserve in Nicaragua. They had to travel to Nicaragua on their own dime to get an idea of the place. After they got back, presentations by a number of students were made to to a panel that included Fabien Cousteau, Jacques' grandson. She made her presentation to increase awareness and tourism to the park. One of her plans was renting kayaks and they kind of laughed and noted there were crocks there and doubted liability lawyers would give their OK. We both thought proposal torpedoed. She got an email yesterday that they wanted to fund her project (minus the kayaks).

Needless to say, she was dying with excitement and I of course said what do expect, she's my kid. She won't be making much money personally but will have a couple of paid for trips to Nicaragua. It is a big deal though when the Cousteau Society funds you. Big cache as she goes forward.

Some pics from her trip...

Cheers for the vibes fellas. The best one I saw was the guy being evacuated who brought his pint with him. That's britishness to a T.

Keep Calm and Finish Your Beer. Well played by him.

Happy Tuesday. Lots of tennis this week in the evening making up for the long, daily commute.

Sorry about the commute but you at least get out your frustrations with tennis.

Nice sunny day up here in the beautiful north.

More rain here today and for the foreseeable future. Heavy flooding in some places, they even closed one of the biggest malls in S. Florida because of up to a foot of water in their parking lot. I don't have any issues because the house is on a small rise but a couple of my friends can't drive out of their houses.

Last edited:
One of her plans was renting kayaks and they kind of laughed and noted there were crocks there and doubted liability lawyers would give their OK. We both thought proposal torpedoed. She got an email yesterday that they wanted to fund her project (minus the kayaks).
Go PP! Nice one mate, that's incredible....

New job is keeping me busy. A bit stressful learning all the new stuff but I'll get there eventually. This week is also my family's annual "all heck breaks loose it's dance recital" week. DDs are both in the recital and from Tuesday to Thursday had staging and dress rehearsals from 3pm to 8:30pm. It's pretty tiring, but they seem to enjoy it, so it's worth it I guess.

All in all I wish I was in WDW!
Don't we all! Try to enjoy your travels and don't work too hard.

Needless to say, she was dying with excitement and I of course said what do expect, she's my kid. She won't be making much money personally but will have a couple of paid for trips to Nicaragua. It is a big deal though when the Cousteau Society funds you. Big cache as she goes forward.
Congrats to her! What a great outcome. Very impressive.

Please forgive this proud dad moment brag and skip it if you don't want to hear it. Earlier this year, the Cousteau Society went to the kid's school and said they wanted to fund a project at a marine nature preserve in Nicaragua. They had to travel to Nicaragua on their own dime to get an idea of the place. After they got back, presentations by a number of students were made to to a panel that included Fabien Cousteau, Jacques' grandson. She made her presentation to increase awareness and tourism to the park. One of her plans was renting kayaks and they kind of laughed and noted there were crocks there and doubted liability lawyers would give their OK. We both thought proposal torpedoed. She got an email yesterday that they wanted to fund her project (minus the kayaks).

Some pics from her trip...

That is really cool. Congrats to her and her proud dad.

Looks like a bit of a tough weekend around here as thoughts and prayers go out to London. The weekend was really great and the wedding could not have been a better event. Dad lost it just once, first look of the beautiful bride was just a bit much. Voice started to crack a bit during my speech / toast but I was able to get it back in order pretty quick. Everyone had a great night and weekend though it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me and DW, but good emotions I guess. Not many pics yet from photographers but her is the best I have of the couple so far:
IMG_2825_zps93qfmknz.jpg

Congrats to all! I'm sure it was a great weekend.

As a father of a daughter, I cheer any opportunities that are open to women who have talent. When she gets that Imagineering job, think she could set us up with a private backstage tour?

I would think this is mandatory. Should be in the DIS Dad bylaws or something.

Cheers for the vibes fellas.

Glad you are doing ok.

One of her plans was renting kayaks and they kind of laughed and noted there were crocks there and doubted liability lawyers would give their OK. We both thought proposal torpedoed. She got an email yesterday that they wanted to fund her project (minus the kayaks).

It is a big deal though when the Cousteau Society funds you. Big cache as she goes forward.

Very cool! Glad she is enjoying life. Why am I not surprised she's ready to kayak with crocodiles?

Top O the Mornin Dads! Been off my feet past couple of days with upper respiratory infection so a bit behind. Figures, DD & SIL are still in town for family time and I get sick. Everyone have a good Friday and even better weekend!

Dan I suggest Belle Vue Lounge when you are ready to call it. Small little place that we can take over and would mean we are at Boardwalk!

Beautiful picture of your daughter and the guy that doesn't deserve marring her. Glad everything went well. I can totally understand the emotions you felt, I know I would not be able to keep it together. May the couple have a long, happy and prosperous life together.
i bet it was a roller coaster mate. She looks fantastic. And he looks like a guy who realises he's done pretty well for himself. Pleased to hear it all went off well. So I'm guessing you didn't get a cheeky swing at the FIL then? Ah well, you can't have everything....
Great picture. Congrats to her. Glad you made it thru.
Congrats to all! I'm sure it was a great weekend.
Thanks gents! Was one of those 3-4 day stretches you wish would just go on longer.
All in all I wish I was in WDW!
May add that to my email signature line! Just a little over 2 weeks til we sail on DCL though..............

Brag away! That is just awesome and big congrats to the PP and proud Dad!
More rain here today and for the foreseeable future. Heavy flooding in some places, they even closed one of the biggest malls in S. Florida because of up to a foot of water in their parking lot. I don't have any issues because the house is on a small rise but a couple of my friends can't drive out of their houses.
Stay safe down there.
New job is keeping me busy. A bit stressful learning all the new stuff but I'll get there eventually. This week is also my family's annual "all heck breaks loose it's dance recital" week. DDs are both in the recital and from Tuesday to Thursday had staging and dress rehearsals from 3pm to 8:30pm. It's pretty tiring, but they seem to enjoy it, so it's worth it I guess.
Ahh, wish I was in WDW or at a dance recital? No brainer there. But enjoy watching the DDs, thats the good part of things as I recall.

OK boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Whistle time. Work week over. Everyone in the Belle Vue Lounge, and lets face it, we'd all love a vue of Belle.
Last one in the bar has to take Mulan home. And let me tell ya, she....

a) Handles that sword like a master
b) Will make a man out of you
c) Skews your cannon just as you're about to shoot.

( You pick, I couldn't decide, and I only had 2 minutes on this one)

What's everyone having?
Have a great Friday chaps, keep the faith......

OK boys. That's it. I'm calling it. Whistle time. Work week over. Everyone in the Belle Vue Lounge, and lets face it, we'd all love a vue of Belle.

What's everyone having?

Had an office BBQ for lunch, someone brought some Radlers. Good times!

What's everyone having?
May have a sip or two of bourbon to see if that helps with the throat but a cigar is definitely out for this weekend

Still raining. Some places around here can't take it anymore.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Been off my feet past couple of days with upper respiratory infection so a bit behind. Figures, DD & SIL are still in town for family time and I get sick. Everyone have a good Friday and even better weekend!

That sucks, feel better soon.

I'll be over in a minute. Someone order me and Old Fashion please.

Getting ready for state tournament and playing tennis consecutive days Tuesday through Saturday. Our team will have to play two matches a day, two consecutive days, to make it to the finals, assuming we win. I'm not getting any younger and while still hurting, and able to play at my now usual level. Two more weeks to go.

To complete my training, took DW to my local liquor store bar and had some bourbons. Bought a bottle of Ribe Mead. It tastes like honey and is 19% alcohol. It was served in a wine glass as a 4 oz sample. Yeah, I'm feeling it.

I would think this is mandatory. Should be in the DIS Dad bylaws or something.

?

Seconded. Oh Randall!

Dan I suggest Belle Vue Lounge when you are ready to call it. Small little place that we can take over and would mean we are at Boardwalk!

Did Belle Vue lounge have draft beer? I can't remember. Still, I had by first St. Bernadus Abt 12 there, so I'm willing to meet you there.

What's everyone having?

Ummm, St. Bernadus Abt 12. Didn't you read the last post? As for Mulan, I select d, all of the above. I'm ready to bring it.

May have a sip or two of bourbon to see if that helps with the throat but a cigar is definitely out for this weekend

Good idea. I sampled Four Roses single barrel, Willet single barrel, and my favorite Basil Hayden.

Old Fashion? C'mon Man! :drinking1. :lmao:

Day got even better, DS and DW brought lobster home for dinner.

Alive or dead? Did you cook it or was it brought cooked to you? While the latter is easier, the former is better. Where is the butter? Pass me the Abt 12.

Last edited:
Comin' up, chief.
Good idea. I sampled Four Roses single barrel, Willet single barrel, and my favorite Basil Hayden.
Not a fan of 4 Roses, but I might look out for Basil Hayden - never come across that one
Day got even better, DS and DW brought lobster home for dinner.
Darcy for the win!
I select d, all of the above.
I believe in Disney that is referred to as "all you care to enjoy"
I'm in with ya mate, few bourbons tonight, but I may partake of a cigar. Got a couple of Romeo & Julietas that are calling me....

Morning brethren, the sun in shining and the bacon is on. My compatriots seem to be on some kind of mission to see how much they can balls up this fine country in the space of 2 years.

But on a lighter note, cheeky trip alert. Last night booked a cheeky 2 nighter to DLP for next Friday. Bonus is that Its a small world is shut. So thats only 15 times I'll have to explain to the little one why we can't go on it.

Have an awesome Saturday fellas.

London out.

Congratulations Princess Crash!

One dance recital down, one more to go tonight. Ran away from work yesterday at 4:15pm, had 30 minutes at home before we ran off to the recital at 5:00. I sold tickets on a 50/50 draw for an hour before the show and during the 15 minute intermission (in support of the girls dance trip to WDW in July), so not much rest. Got home at 10:45pm. Needless to say, I broke out the Kraken, two glasses of which, along with a bag of Doritos, was effectively my supper. And why do I do this again? The girls enjoy it and have a great group of friends. And it makes me proud seeing their hard work on stage. If you're wondering, youngest DD was in 5 dances and oldest was just in one, but was also a backstage "runner" getting all the little ones to go where they needed to be. (Side note: you know all those costumes are almost 100 bucks a pop...back to work Monday). Anyway, can't help but share a few pictures :) (I'm sure @pkondz can appreciate since I know he used to do this kind of thing)

IMG_6125.JPG

IMG_6172.JPG

IMG_6472.JPG

IMG_6534.JPG

IMG_6631.JPG

IMG_6660.JPG

IMG_6756.JPG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter