DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I'll stay with the tex-mex. Not a big fan of German food - outside of pretzels and beer.
We have that too,

Pour five parts gin while looking at a picture of the guy who invented vermouth.
Reminds me of how my Granddad taught me to make a scotch. Pour 3 fingers then pass it near the sink and enjoy.

He doesn’t work in the US.
I get 2 weeks just cant take it.

I'm sure google has a great translation for Budgie Smugglers. Darcy, Mike and Norm can advise on this. I believe it doesn't do itself justice without pictures.
NO PICTURES!!!! FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY!!! This is the only exception to rule #1

I actually have no human value.

Really should be glad I’m employed at all.
I know how you feel

This two job thing is really pushing my limits, especially as how I don't want to work one job. Plus, even though I'm supposed to work 20 hours at the new gig, I flexed off a week for Spring Break vacation and still have another 7 hours over time. I may try it another few months, but I don't think it's manageable at this point.
Right there with you, working 2 part time jobs along with my full time.

Someone told me that lottery winnings in the US are taxed at a ridiculously high level. Is that true?
Unless you have a good lawyer it gets taxed at the same rate as a bonus 36% + state income tax if your state has that.

Evening boys, on my jacks tonight as the lovely Mrs Londontime is out on the razz with her mates.
Ooops...
I mean, it's an Enhanced Interrogation Device.
So "bud light boarding" is an acceptable tactic?
I've made the decision to leave the 2nd job as I don't see a reduction in duties
Good luck mate, hope it works out for ya.
NO PICTURES!!!! FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY!!! This is the only exception to rule #1
No DISDad will wear a speedo...ever.......especially to a DisDads meet.
Whilst checking the exception the honourable member for Texas cited in the above post, I discovered that Randall's done us over. I can't believe I didn't read the small print before I joined. I knew I should have applied to the Dismoms.

Whilst checking the exception the honourable member for Texas cited in the above post, I discovered that Randall's done us over. I can't believe I didn't read the small print before I joined. I knew I should have applied to the Dismoms.
Sorry for the mis statement. The rule #1 I was referring to was the more general internet rule #1 that says pictures or it didn't happen.

Sorry for the mis statement. The rule #1 I was referring to was the more general internet rule #1 that says pictures or it didn't happen.
Which is also Disdad rule number 1!
Which led me to the full terms and conditions of disdaddery, which to be fair, are pretty onerous.

'Morning all...
Took the Mrs. out last night for our anniversary.
Nice place, wonderful view overlooking the river, fine food, an excellent brew, but it was the company that made the evening.

I get 2 weeks just cant take it.
Not surprising...
I actually get 4 weeks, but about 32 weeks of the year are blacked out and I'm not allowed to string more than 4 or 5 days in a row.

So "bud light boarding" is an acceptable tactic?
It's a tactic, but "acceptable"?
Pretty sure that ain't even moral.

Down to 46 days until our next trip to Disney. This is going to be an interesting trip, as it is my wife, myself and our three daughters. And two of my wife's friends(both female) and one of their daughters.

So yes, two rooms 8 people. 4 kids, 4 adults. 7 women(and girls), and me.

We actually got better flight prices to fly in a day early and leave a day later, so while our reservations are 6/6 - 6/13, we fly in 6/5 and fly out 6/14. So I grabbed a hotel by the airport that has free transport from the airport to the hotel. Still not sure if I am going to just use Uber, or magic express from the airport. I gave the Disney folks our old flight info, so we can go back to he airport and use magic express if needed. But I think I am just going to use Uber. Magic Express is nice, but no reason to spend time bouncing back and forth between hotel and airport just to save a few bucks when your on vacation. :)

First time staying at Coronado Springs, so we shall see how we like it, but it was a bounce back offer, and was really very good. Ended up with free dining, and a rate that was very very cheap. Actually per room this is the cheapest we have done Disney.

So anyone else down in Disney in June? And I know it's too hot, but my wife is a HS science teacher so it is standard summer break time frame for our vacations. Did it later in the year last time, and my wife had to go to work the day after we got back. So this time I figure go early and she has the summer to recuperate. :)

Happy Friday. Stopping by both offices today, but going to try and make it home early. Once I settle this thing, I'm calling it and we can start drinking at 8:00 AM on Friday. :lmao:

You mean you won't go in singing that old Johnny Paycheck song. ;)

Nope. I haven't ever done that.

I think those pictures could actually shut down the internet, and if not, would get this thread closed.

Evening boys, on my jacks tonight as the lovely Mrs Londontime is out on the razz with her mates.

Out on the razz. Another good one.

'Morning all...
Nice place, wonderful view overlooking the river, fine food, an excellent brew, but it was the company that made the evening.

Congratulations on the anniversary. How many years?

So anyone else down in Disney in June? And I know it's too hot, but my wife is a HS science teacher so it is standard summer break time frame for our vacations. Did it later in the year last time, and my wife had to go to work the day after we got back. So this time I figure go early and she has the summer to recuperate. :)

That's a lot of estrogen up in one place. But, I'll gladly join you if you buy my ticket, travel, food, etc. :lmao:

Never been to Coronado Springs, but heard it's nice. It is a really large and spread out resort. I had friends stay there who did a lot of walking to their room. As for the June weather, we've been twice and enjoyed it. Yes, it was hotter, but I preferred it to Spring & Fall Break as those times just seem to have become so crowded. Maybe the heat kept people away from the parks and sent them back to the resorts? We did make it a point to drink extra water, which oldest dd isn't the best at doing. We had a great time, and I hopefully have convinced DW that we need to go in June/ July as opposed to Spring Break.

Morning Men!

Hope everyone is having a quiet Friday. Dan, were you invited to the Queen's private birthday party?

Down to 46 days until our next trip to Disney. This is going to be an interesting trip, as it is my wife, myself and our three daughters. And two of my wife's friends(both female) and one of their daughters.

We actually got better flight prices to fly in a day early and leave a day later, so while our reservations are 6/6 - 6/13, we fly in 6/5 and fly out 6/14. So I grabbed a hotel by the airport that has free transport from the airport to the hotel. Still not sure if I am going to just use Uber, or magic express from the airport. I gave the Disney folks our old flight info, so we can go back to he airport and use magic express if needed. But I think I am just going to use Uber. Magic Express is nice, but no reason to spend time bouncing back and forth between hotel and airport just to save a few bucks when your on vacation. :)

First time staying at Coronado Springs, so we shall see how we like it, but it was a bounce back offer, and was really very good. Ended up with free dining, and a rate that was very very cheap. Actually per room this is the cheapest we have done Disney.

All I can say is Good Luck!

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work over. Everyone out. Last one to the top of Bay lake tower has to take Rapunzel home. And let me tell ya, her mum is an absolute rotter.
What's everyone having?

Happy Friday guys. A/C is foxed and didn't cost that much so I am a happy camper. In fact, I may go to the Keys for the day tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

'Morning all...

Awwwww. Was she watching over your shoulder as you typed that? Congrats on on earning those brownie points.

Lots of times. It will be hot, maybe sometimes stepping on the sun hot. Crowds will also be there. I do the early opening, take a break during the afternoon and enjoyed the evening. Remember to stay hydrated and make use of the the air-conditioning in the attractions. Have fun.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work over. Everyone out. Last one to the top of Bay lake tower has to take Rapunzel home. And let me tell ya, her mum is an absolute rotter.
What's everyone having?

I'm with you today. I'm have some wine later and maybe a bourbon chaser.

What's everyone having?
On my way as soon as I convince my boss this is a good networking opportunity.
I'll have what ever you are buyin. Just make mine a double.

On my way as soon as I convince my boss this is a good networking opportunity.
I'll have what ever you are buyin. Just make mine a double.
Tell him/her you are looking at international clients. UK. Europe. Canada. The potential upside is endless.
I was having a glass of wine with CJ, so a double glass of wine it is. See ya there buddy.

Tell him/her you are looking at international clients. UK. Europe. Canada. The potential upside is endless.
I was having a glass of wine with CJ, so a double glass of wine it is. See ya there buddy.

Look at you guys...drinking wine and all.....aren't your refined!

You sir, are one very brave man.

Of course being at Disney can make anything a bit less terrifying.

I'm calling it and we can start drinking at 8:00 AM on Friday. :lmao:
Great!
One problem…
My overlords ain’t buyin’ it.

Congratulations on the anniversary. How many years?
26…
Took me a while to find this one, so truth be told I actually wish it were more then that.

What's everyone having?
You can have her mate.
I gott’a wait until the sun starts setting on this side of the pond before they’ll let me out of the cage.

When I do get back to the house I’ll probably bust into my stash of porters.
Starting off most likely with one from Holy City Brewery.

I may go to the Keys for the day tomorrow.
Now there’s a sentence that most of us poor schleps simply cannot utter without it being a lie.

Awwwww. Was she watching over your shoulder as you typed that? Congrats on on earning those brownie points.
:laughing: Nope, she’s off at work.
Worse, she doesn’t read this thread. So I won’t get point one for that.

Worse still…
I meant it.

Dan and I will vouch for you.

But my pinkie isn't out.

Now there’s a sentence that most of us poor schleps simply cannot utter without it being a lie.

Only a 45 minute drive for me so getting there isn't a big deal. If I take any pics, I'll post them.

:laughing: Nope, she’s off at work.
Worse, she doesn’t read this thread. So I won’t get point one for that.

Worse still…
I meant it.

Good for you. Not on earning the points but because you meant it. I sure she gets that.

He is not buying it. Turns out Credit Union facilities departments don't do international business. Who knew.

I only drink the finest vintage that comes in a box

Someone else can have my wine. DW decided she wanted Mexican food for dinner and I don't feel like cooking so we are headed out with the kids. Beer while we wait and a Mexican martini once we have a table.

Talked with the pastor and had a "come to Jesus" meeting. Not sure those phrases work in the same sentence, but I had to use them. :lmao:

He would like me to stay on longer. I said I would think it over and talk to him about it on Thursday. I said that some of the job duties would have to change. It feels good to be wanted. I guess we will see what the next few days bring.

What's everyone having?

Landshark beer.

Happy Friday guys. A/C is foxed and didn't cost that much so I am a happy camper. In fact, I may go to the Keys for the day tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Glad the AC is fixed or foxed. Either works.

26…
Took me a while to find this one, so truth be told I actually wish it were more then that.
it.

Congrats. 26 years is a long time. You have more than a few years on me. I'm thinking what to do on our 20th in a couple years.

I only drink the finest vintage that comes in a box

Why is that the box wine tastes so good.

Someone else can have my wine. DW decided she wanted Mexican food for dinner and I don't feel like cooking so we are headed out with the kids. Beer while we wait and a Mexican martini once we have a table.

Sounds good. You getting fajitas? I had pizza and beer tonight.

Last edited:

I had three different wine tonight. All of the 2017 vintage, the first in a brown bottle (Keiths India Pale Ale), the next two in cans ( a Hu Jon Hops and a Maritime Pale Ale). Great wines all.

Talked with the pastor and had a "come to Jesus" meeting. Not sure those phrases work in the same sentence, but I had to use them. :lmao:

He would like me to stay on longer. I said I would think it over and talk to him about it on Thursday. I said that some of the job duties would have to change. It feels good to be wanted. I guess we will see what the next few days bring.

Hope it all works out.

Ahhhh. The New Mexican Martini. Goes great with Fajita nachos.

Attachments

• WP_20170421_18_33_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170421_18_33_54_Pro.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter