DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Good Friday everyone. Looks like a good day down here weather wise. The AC guy called to reschedule so I can postpone worrying about it until next week.

C'mon, at least 2 of us will be there in July, come and claim it. I'll buy. Or Norm will. Either way it's a free vaguely girly cocktail.

Wish I could. Since I am not going to be able to make it, feel free to occupy one of my chairs. They are the last two by the TV. Preferably the last one. Preferable drink of choice there is an Absolute martini, up, VERY DRY, with a twist of lemon.

Went to youngest DD's school Easter assembly this morning. You know how if you sit in a certain seat the back of the choir director's head and the front of your child's face will exactly line up so that you see approximately 1.3% of her performance? Yeah, guess which seat I chose. At least DW has pictures and video.

Been there. Soon it will be graduation and you find out your DD is sitting in an area with friends and not in her designated one. By chance I found her before it was diploma time.

Happy Good Friday Gents! Hope yours is better than the one Jesus had!

Cheers!

Back at you and Jodi. Where was the picture taken?

Hope everyone is enjoying Good Friday so far. Actually got to sleep in today, it was fantastic.

So that is what taking it easy with nothing on the schedule looks like for you.

I plan pacing myself. Clothesline is up so now I'm surfing and having some coffee.

Happy Thursday. It feels like Friday. Kids are off school tomorrow for Good Friday. Everyone else like that?

Went to youngest DD's school Easter assembly this morning. You know how if you sit in a certain seat the back of the choir director's head and the front of your child's face will exactly line up so that you see approximately 1.3% of her performance? Yeah, guess which seat I chose. At least DW has pictures and video.

Off here as well. DS went to a buddy's place last night and staying there again tonight. Good times!

Yep. Hot cross buns on the menu for breakfast.
Morning chaps. Sorted out the plane nonsense. On the good news front I got an extra days holiday from work as a thank you, so just had to cheekily extend the Florida trip for an extra night. Slight wobble as the CM said they didn't have any availability, but then he did a little pixie dust. So in the Poly for 15 nights. The thought crossed my mind to travel to Universal to check it out for a night, but then I saw the one day ticket price...:scared1:

Have a great Good Friday all.......from a very lazy London.

15 days at the Poly, you live a rough life my friend.

Happy Good Friday everyone. Looks like a good day down here weather wise. The AC guy called to reschedule so I can postpone worrying about it until next week.

Yup no need to worry about it on the weekend.

Happy Good Friday all. Weekend got off to a bit of a rough start with that big thud from the Blackhawks last night - loose at home 1-0, really? A bit of yard stuff this a.m. and then the leafs for the dining room table for Easter Sunday being at our place with friends and family. Now watching the live stream from SW Celebraton in Orlando with DS. I think a nap in a bit, then maybe a martini while sitting on the patio may be in my future today.

Happy Good Friday. Home from job#1 and will have job #2 today and tomorrow and Sunday. I'll get some time off after the season.

Youngest dd dominated at tennis yesterday in both singles and doubles. Today, she has to play #1 against the HS with #1 player in the region. So, she'll get destroyed. But, our coach plays our #1 & #2 players against their #2 & #3 players. Don't know why that's the strategy, but it is.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not in a good place these days with the workplace crap going on the past couple of weeks. Topics are plentiful and range across several areas so in short BS everywhere I turn around and I'm not sure if I can work through it. Sorry about the airline gruff Dan, Norm congrats to DD on the tennis, CJ keep enjoying the weather, to the Texas guys thought of ya during my 24 hour stay in Dallas area but only saw the inside of a board room, hotel room and car rides (out of Tito's at home so need to pick some up today for the weekend) Rob welcome back and hope you can extend the weekend. Everyone who has an extra day enjoy the long weekend. Oh and one more thing

Yeah, it has been a really rough day. I'm ready to start drinking.

Whooo Hooo. See'ya.
Can someone please explain it to my boss that this is legit? And that I should be off tomorrow.

Sure thing. Give me his email and I'll confirm it.

Test ran the AC today in prep for summer and one of the outside units was making a loud noise. I said to myself, "Self, that can't be good." Have the AC guy over tomorrow to check it out. Fingers crossed it doesn't cost much.

Hope the AC is better than my day.

C'mon, at least 2 of us will be there in July, come and claim it. I'll buy. Or Norm will. Either way it's a free vaguely girly cocktail.

Yeah, this trip we stopped at Tambu Lounge as we were about 30 min early for Kona. We were seated early, and I had to walk over with my manly lapu lapu in hand. :lmao:

Yes, been there done that. But, at least you were there.

Yep. Hot cross buns on the menu for breakfast.
Morning chaps. Sorted out the plane nonsense. On the good news front I got an extra days holiday from work as a thank you, so just had to cheekily extend the Florida trip for an extra night. Slight wobble as the CM said they didn't have any availability, but then he did a little pixie dust. So in the Poly for 15 nights. The thought crossed my mind to travel to Universal to check it out for a night, but then I saw the one day ticket price...:scared1:

Universal and IOA isn't bad. We'll probably do it again. I like having a fewer day park ticket and enjoying more time at the resort. I think we will do Universal if we stay at SSR or OKW.

Happy Good Friday Gents! Hope yours is better than the one Jesus had!
Cheers!

That's one heck of a greeting. :scared1:

Last edited:
Preferable drink of choice there is an Absolute martini, up, VERY DRY, with a twist of lemon.
We will only wave the vermouth in the general direction of the glass. Good vibes on the AC bill.
I think a nap in a bit, then maybe a martini while sitting on the patio may be in my future today.
There's a theme building here. Enjoy that cocktail mate, it sounds like you had a rough couple of weeks.
I'm ready to start drinking.
Way ahead of ya, buddy. Martini? They seem to be popular today....
We were seated early, and I had to walk over with my manly lapu lapu in hand. :lmao:
:rotfl2:As long as you owned that walk.
Home from job#1 and will have job #2 today and tomorrow and Sunday
Man, thats a lot of work. Hope the DD gets on OK with the tennis...
you live a rough life my friend.
You have no idea mate. The budgie smuggler modelling scene is nowhere near as much fun as it used to be. And last week on set, the Topless Cheeseburger Girl served mine well done.

How do you get so much vacation time? I can barely take 1 week a year and you have 2-2 week vacations in one year
British firms tend to offer around 25-28 days personal vacation plus the 8 national holidays that are mandatory, so yep, pretty lucky we get around 35 days a year.
On the flip side, I have to watch the Super Bowl at 2 in the morning. With boring adverts. And no dip. Because it's 2 in the morning.

You have no idea mate. The budgie smuggler modelling scene is nowhere near as much fun as it used to be. And last week on set, the Topless Cheeseburger Girl served mine well done.

On the flip side, I have to watch the Super Bowl at 2 in the morning. With boring adverts. And no dip. Because it's 2 in the morning.

Oh the humanity!

Youngest dd dominated at tennis yesterday in both singles and doubles. Today, she has to play #1 against the HS with #1 player in the region. So, she'll get destroyed. But, our coach plays our #1 & #2 players against their #2 & #3 players. Don't know why that's the strategy, but it is.

Hope she did well.

Yo Ho Ho Bro's..... popping in to see if they've kicked you dirty rats off the boards yet...

::wave:: Oscar.

be. And last week on set, the Topless Cheeseburger Girl served mine well done.

Did you serve you the Happy Ending as well? :lmao:

And that is a problem??? Dont forget we have good German food too.

I'll stay with the tex-mex. Not a big fan of German food - outside of pretzels and beer.

British firms tend to offer around 25-28 days personal vacation plus the 8 national holidays that are mandatory, so yep, pretty lucky we get around 35 days a year.

I get about the same, plus a few weeks at Christmas, Spring, and Fall breaks.

Hope she did well.

Nope. She got smoked at singles, but did better at doubles, despite a loss. She had to play the #1 player in region at doubles as well.

Last edited:
Oh the humanity!

I know! I can't believe there isn't some kind of telethon set up for me.:rolleyes1

Did you serve you the Happy Ending as well? :lmao:
That way she served that was very well done.

Morning chaps. I have 3 kids parties to attend today, so that's my day right there.

Saw this on the Dis. Disney Springs is opening a new restaurant called The Polite Pig. Promising BBQ menu and they have a bourbon bar. I see me checking the place out, hope the BBQ lives up to the hype
Hey mate, I don't know if you saw but they have reviewed it on the DIS. It looked pretty good.

Woke up at 5:30 so what to do? Easy, drive 30 miles to the nearest Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Good eating and now it might be time for an early nap.

So in the Poly for 15 nights.

That will work. Did 9 days once but not two weeks. You have some lucky kids.

Dole Plantation. :beach:

Could have guessed that. Was there once and despite being a tourist trap, I enjoyed it.

I plan pacing myself. Clothesline is up so now I'm surfing and having some coffee.

Good strategy.

Now watching the live stream from SW Celebraton in Orlando with DS. I think a nap in a bit, then maybe a martini while sitting on the patio may be in my future today.

Another good plan. Avoiding like the plague any info on the SW movie. Kind of tough right now with all the hype but I want to be completely surprised when I do see it.

Yo Ho Ho Bro's..... popping in to see if they've kicked you dirty rats off the boards yet...

Yo Oscar.

We will only wave the vermouth in the general direction of the glass. Good vibes on the AC bill.

Perfect recipe. There was a MASH episode where Hawkeye invented the perfect martini. Pour five parts gin while looking at a picture of the guy who invented vermouth.

A very civilized attitude if you ask me.

Nope. She got smoked at singles, but did better at doubles, despite a loss. She had to play the #1 player in region at doubles as well.

Fine line between challenging the player against better competition and breaking their spirit for the game. Hope she keeps up with it.

Hey mate, I don't know if you saw but they have reviewed it on the DIS. It looked pretty good.

Saw it. I almost got into the car to go get a take out order. From what I understand is they have a couple of successful restaurants in Orlando and Disney sought them out to put a place in the Springs. Will try it out in January.

Good luck surviving the parties.

Morning Guys.

A beautiful Saturday morning up here. Another day slept in, bless DW for not making me go to the farmers market with her. Another day of pacing myself on tap. Yesterday I put the clothesline back up and cut up the tree that brought it down but decided to forego the cleanup until today after DS gets home to help. DW and I went to see Going in Style last night, not a bad flick. And then came home to watch a pretty good hockey game between the Canadians and Rangers.

Today I think I will start out with a bit of prep work on the bathroom ceiling before it gets painted.

Have fun at those parties Dan, enjoy the nap Cj.

Tennis today Norm?

That will work. Did 9 days once but not two weeks. You have some lucky kids.
You know kids mate, they'd be happy round the corner as long as there is a pool. As would we. We're just enjoying while we can.
Have fun at those parties Dan, enjoy the nap Cj.
Is this a "life of CJ" moment?
And then came home to watch a pretty good hockey game between the Canadians and Rangers.
Its a good job George saw the Mets rather than the Rangers, otherwise we would be in nemesis territory.

The last kids party had beer (which I may have done the "I'll bring some so I can control the choice") so all good from the old country. Have a great evening chaps.

Evening Guys.

The pacing has gone well today. Now I'm enjoying a little bit of Glenlivet and some chocolate.

Early Happy Easter. Been a long day at work. Apparently, my job includes decorating the church and managing the website as I posted pictures of the decoration. Not sure how much decorating or educating that is.

The Easter Bunny brought some beer today since liquor stores are closed tomorrow. Gonna party like it's 1999.

Fine line between challenging the player against better competition and breaking their spirit for the game. Hope she keeps up with it.

Yes. Her coach shouldn't be playing her that far out. I prepares her beforehand, but she still took it hard. There are only four players who can really play at that level, and two of them are seniors. So, even though she might lose to another senior, it won't be a blowout like those few matches.

Tennis today Norm?

That was my plan, but had to work. I came home and cut the grass though.

Happy Easter chaps, however you celebrate it.

There will be some chocolate consumed in this house. I think we could start to measure it in pounds. Seeing as we're leaving Europe.

Happy Easter Gents. Already done with the Easter egg hunt. Both girls have a basket full that should do them for a while. Of course I'm wondering how much chocolate I can sneak from them before they notice. Heading out to my in-laws shortly for Easter dinner. It's a fairly short 1.25 hour drive and it's a beautiful sunny day here so it should be a nice day on the road. I just need to stay awake on the drive back after a big meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter