DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Well, had a productive day (not for me but for my daughter). She got a car. Put it together over the last couple of days including deciding what car, price and where we were going to buy it. It was a good deal but I could have gotten it for maybe a $200 less. We didn't walk because she liked the color. A Nissan Versa.

Belated, but big congratulations. Glad it worked for you.

Thanks. Congrats to Andrianna on her new car.

Evening Guys.

Just sitting here watching the Patriots letting the Texans stay in t.he game. Pretty nice of them I think.

This evening DW was checking on the flights we have booked for the March trip and they were cheaper than when we booked. Thanks to Southwest's simple to use change policy we now have $350 in credits!!

Have a good one!

Congrats to Declan on on the team win. Way to get those credits so you can spend more future money there. :lmao:

I heard a statistic. The Patriots only played and won against 3 teams with winning records this season? That can't be right.

Congrats on the new job. So with that salary will you be buying the clubhouse at Golden Oak?

Only in my dreams.

Morning Guys.

It's a beautiful Sunday morning up here and today there is no basketball. Hoping for a nice quiet day at home.

Have a great day!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Turning into Seattle around her with rain every day. Laid back weekend here, no kids, had some friends over last night and DW is making my favorite corn beef and cabbage dinner. Enjoy the day with the family gents.
Well, had a productive day (not for me but for my daughter). She got a car. Put it together over the last couple of days including deciding what car, price and where we were going to buy it. It was a good deal but I could have gotten it for maybe a $200 less. We didn't walk because she liked the color. A Nissan Versa.

They should do better with a new coach. Doesn't say much about the old one when he runs off two QBs that later start for SEC teams. The UF/LSU is now a classic in Gator lore. I'm already getting impatient for next season to start. Long wait.

Belated, but big congratulations. Glad it worked for you.

Definitely not the best chicken but my options are not as varied as yours. When I make fried chicken it is OK and wish I could do better. Very jealous.

That is a true statement.

She was worried for her roommate. She knows you guys and enjoys watching us play and it turns out the roommate also did. Standing ovation on the job you did on the BBQ. Looked delicious and both the girls liked the food. It was funny when you brought out the pineapples. Maybe next year a spaghetti dinner? I'll bring a pot of sauce.
Congrats to the PP and well done Dad
Evening Guys.

Just sitting here watching the Patriots letting the Texans stay in t.he game. Pretty nice of them I think.

Been a pretty good weekend here. We travelled about 60 miles up river for another basketball tournament yesterday and today and DS and his buddies came through with another banner, going undefeated again this weekend. They played two games yesterday and won both relatively easily. The semi-final this morning was against our cross-town rival. Game started at 9:30 and finished close to noon, double overtime 106-101 win. Second time in a week they beat them in overtime.

The final was a bit anti-climatic with a 20 point win that wasn't ever really in doubt after a 20-5 start to the game.

This evening DW was checking on the flights we have booked for the March trip and they were cheaper than when we booked. Thanks to Southwest's simple to use change policy we now have $350 in credits!!

Have a good one!
Congrats to DS - nice run they are on there!

Gentlemen. Good morning.
Sunday. A day to relax. Until the phone rings and you crawl off to work after quickly chopping up veggies, braising a pot roast and throwing it all in the slow cooker.

Happy Sunday morning. It sure is a crazy day today. First, my oldest dd turns 15 which us crazy enough. Then, add today's schedule of swim meet, birthday lunch with family, HS tennis practice, Mass, and Youth Group. I remember these two weekends being a great time to relax and watch 4 playoff NFL games. Maybe in another 5 years ......

Morning Guys.

It's a beautiful Sunday morning up here and today there is no basketball. Hoping for a nice quiet day at home.

Have a great day!

Jealous. See above.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Turning into Seattle around her with rain every day. Laid back weekend here, no kids, had some friends over last night and DW is making my favorite corn beef and cabbage dinner. Enjoy the day with the family gents.
!

Yes, this rain is enough. And it's cold. And people drive worse.

Gentlemen. Good morning.
Sunday. A day to relax. Until the phone rings and you crawl off to work after quickly chopping up veggies, braising a pot roast and throwing it all in the slow cooker.

Could a solution be to not answer your phone? Say battery died. Satellite was down. Someone put it on silent? Fell in between your car seat and you couldn't find it? Eaten by a dinosaur?

I've heard most all of those.

Could a solution be to not answer your phone? Say battery died. Satellite was down. Someone put it on silent? Fell in between your car seat and you couldn't find it? Eaten by a dinosaur?

I've heard most all of those.

Well the puppy has been known to run off with things from time to time...... :rolleyes1

Speaking of work, just saw on the news that SpaceX got a successful launch off. Big news here as it's carrying the first four (I believe) of my company's satellites. Once they're all in place, we should never have a lost airliner again as we'll provide global "radar" coverage. (The actual term is ADS-B. Automatic Detection Surveillance Broadcast.) Right now, radar is line of sight. Planes go too far and they disappear. That'll soon be a thing of the past, world wide.

You're lucky Bill Gates doesn't buy the entire league and make them sit and to calculus or something.
They'd be fine, as long as the math kept to single digits. Actually, that might stretch some of them. Actually, most of them.
We didn't walk because she liked the color. A Nissan Versa
Congrats to the PP on the new wheels. Is that her first one? I remember my first car, and it was NOWHERE near as nice as that.
Nice job there, Mrs Declansdad. And big up to Declan on the wins, he looks like a key player there.
I heard a statistic. The Patriots only played and won against 3 teams with winning records this season? That can't be right.
I thought the fixtures were structured to specifically avoid this? Has everyone dropped off that much from last season?
Right now, radar is line of sight. Planes go too far and they disappear. That'll soon be a thing of the past, world wide
That's impressive.

Good weekend chaps, saw my West Ham won 3-0 with one of the goals of the season, mainly I think because I tweeted them that Darcy was taking the p*ss in the week.

got a 6 mile and a 4 mile run in and had fun with the kids. Then had a 30 minute stand off with the littlest one over 2 pieces of homemade turkey burger. The stands we take.

Have a great evening all with the playoffs, I'll get to watch the cowboys, but the steelers is way too late.

London out.

Happy Sunday morning. It sure is a crazy day today. First, my oldest dd turns 15 which us crazy enough. Then, add today's schedule of swim meet, birthday lunch with family, HS tennis practice, Mass, and Youth Group. I remember these two weekends being a great time to relax and watch 4 playoff NFL games. Maybe in another 5 years .......

[/URL]

Well the puppy has been known to run off with things from time to time...... :rolleyes1

Speaking of work, just saw on the news that SpaceX got a successful launch off. Big news here as it's carrying the first four (I believe) of my company's satellites. Once they're all in place, we should never have a lost airliner again as we'll provide global "radar" coverage. (The actual term is ADS-B. Automatic Detection Surveillance Broadcast.) Right now, radar is line of sight. Planes go too far and they disappear. That'll soon be a thing of the past, world wide.

That is Great News!

Congrats to DD. It looks like a nice little car. Like Dan said, definitely a step up form my first car, too!

Been a pretty good weekend here. We travelled about 60 miles up river for another basketball tournament yesterday and today and DS and his buddies came through with another banner, going undefeated again this weekend. They played two games yesterday and won both relatively easily. The semi-final this morning was against our cross-town rival. Game started at 9:30 and finished close to noon, double overtime 106-101 win. Second time in a week they beat them in overtime.

The final was a bit anti-climatic with a 20 point win that wasn't ever really in doubt after a 20-5 start to the game.

Sounds like a great weekend. Nice job to Declan on the banner win. I'm sure the dollars saved on the flight can be put to good use in the gift shops!

Turning into Seattle around her with rain every day.
Too bad, but to look on the bright side, it could be snow.

Thumbs up to the slow cooker roast. Thumbs down to unexpected ohone calls from work.

It sure is a crazy day today. First, my oldest dd turns 15 which us crazy enough. Then, add today's schedule of swim meet, birthday lunch with family, HS tennis practice, Mass, and Youth Group. I remember these two weekends being a great time to relax and watch 4 playoff NFL games. Maybe in another 5 years ......
Happy birthday to DD. I think we've all had those busy days. But maybe we'll miss them once they are gone...maybe?

Right now, radar is line of sight. Planes go too far and they disappear. That'll soon be a thing of the past, world wide.
Nice to know considering how often I am on planes!

So, at HS tennis practice, the coach decided she would let me help with practice. We had two courts and we split the players. DW stayed to watch practice. Well, I was feeding my group balls at a steady pace. The other group, not so much. Then, I put my four into playing mini games, and tried to help with the other court. Finally, the coach spent the last 20 minutes of practice discussing team meals and uniforms. I picked up the tennis balls and put everything away. It's gonna be a long season.

Finally home and get to watch some football. Of corse, I get Chiefs and Steelers. I'm guessing the Steelers will run away with it, although, Kansas City is up 7-3. It doesn't matter much though, as Brady is waiting for them in New England.

Will you then not have to answer the phone when they call you into work? Or, will those satellites find you hiding at home? :lmao:

I thought the fixtures were structured to specifically avoid this? Has everyone dropped off that much from last season?

London out.

It didn't sound right to me. I heard it on the radio and thought I'd see if anyone new any better. Close though. They get the AFC Least twice each.

Teams with Winning Records
Dolphins, Texans, Steelers, Seahawks, Dolphins

Teams .500 or lower vs Patriots this year - Cardinals, Bills, Browns, Bengals, Bills, 49ers, Jets, Rams, Ravens, Broncos, Jets,

Thanks.

Happy birthday to DD. I think we've all had those busy days. But maybe we'll miss them once they are gone...maybe?

Nice to know considering how often I am on planes!

Thanks. I'll miss the dds one day, but not miss these days.

Last edited:
Morning Guys.

Great game last night between the Cowboys and Packers. I did a lot of yelling at the TV and teh wrong team won but it was a fun game to watch.

Hope you all have a great Monday and remember:

bea1b9a7-985d-4cdb-8b0d-dc8304de24b9.png

Happy Monday morning from the orthodontist office. I'm working on hacking up a lung today. I should be ok since I have two, right?

You laugh... but they'll see you too!!

No, I've got aluminum foil in my roof to block out signals from the black helicopters. I'm perfectly fine. :lmao:

Maybe you need Trump to head up north and end these terribule Canadian regUUULations. :rotfl:

Top O the Mornin Dads! There is a reason they call it work and a job rather than fun & enjoyment :headache: Saving grace of this Monday, if there is such a thing, is that 8 weeks from today will be starting day 3 of WDW trip with a full day at HS :)
Too bad, but to look on the bright side, it could be snow.
Good point
You'll miss them, beleive me you'll miss them.
So, at HS tennis practice, the coach decided she would let me help with practice. We had two courts and we split the players. DW stayed to watch practice. Well, I was feeding my group balls at a steady pace. The other group, not so much. Then, I put my four into playing mini games, and tried to help with the other court. Finally, the coach spent the last 20 minutes of practice discussing team meals and uniforms. I picked up the tennis balls and put everything away. It's gonna be a long season.
That sucks, but to look on the bright side, it could be snowing.

Afternoon chaps.
Morning gents. Gonna be... interesting today.
Nice teaser. Look forward to the update.
I'm working on hacking up a lung today. I should be ok since I have two, right?
Totally. Failing that, I've got an old air bed pump you can have.
Great game last night between the Cowboys and Packers. I did a lot of yelling at the TV and teh wrong team won but it was a fun game to watch
That it was mate. I must admit though, I was willing that FG in, as it was about 1240 our time and I really needed to get some sleep in.....I couldn't have left at the end of the 4th without watching the overtime.

Its nearly checking out time here fellas, so I will wish you all a happy Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter