DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

And just as bad as Wednesday was, today brings some great news. I got that other job I applied for back in December - 20 hours a week, benefits, and the pay I wanted. And, I get to keep my two week vacation already booked in June. Life is good today.
Congrats mate, that's great news to end the week on. Did you negotiate that I get to end your working week from over here?

Just want to say it was a blast hanging out with those of you that Made it to the DDCC5 Cj your daughter is always welcome in our group and glad she felt comfortable enough to show for the picnic. Time spent with each of you was memorable. Yes we had our late night shenanigans there was PLENTY of serious time mixed in. Hope those of you that were there enjoyed the picnic and those of you not there were jealous enough to make sure you are there next yr. :) I know I am already looking forward to next yr as I will bee adding my daughters to the trip. Maybe they will able to keep me in line and not cave in Tim's peer pressure. LOL ( he is a very bad influence). I have to say Mondays par day was awesome. The Hajj timed the rides at the right moment and the day was pretty much walk on. Not a fan of the new stage show !!! hope its just a temp thing. > will be back on later to try and play catch up

Long week! First full 5 day week worked in over a month for me. I liked the numerous 4 day, 3 day and no day work weeks of the past month or so a lot better. Have a great weekend all!
Tonight watching The Great Escape. The Steve McQueen motorcycle chase is on, one of the best chases ever.
Scary, I was flipping to that last night as well.
And just as bad as Wednesday was, today brings some great news. I got that other job I applied for back in December - 20 hours a week, benefits, and the pay I wanted. And, I get to keep my two week vacation already booked in June. Life is good today.
Good deal and congrats :thumbsup2
And here it is. Last meeting cancelled. That's it. Work over. Everyone out. See you all in the bar in 10 mins. Mine's a bourbon sour with triple sec.

Have a great day chaps, and French connection is right up there with the great escape IMHO.
Ever since you posted having a manhattan, I have indulged with one each night this week. Getting like my Grandpa, put a cardigan and slippers on to stay warm and sit down in front of the t.v. after dinner with a cocktail - here's to you Pa!

Ever since you posted having a manhattan, I have indulged with one each night this week. Getting like my Grandpa, put a cardigan and slippers on to stay warm and sit down in front of the t.v. after dinner with a cocktail - here's to you Pa!
Thats awesome. Enjoy that mate, I'll raise a toast to your grandpa

Fantastic news, congrats. It's nice to get something good right after a bad day.

Just want to say it was a blast hanging out with those of you that Made it to the DDCC5 Cj your daughter is always welcome in our group and glad she felt comfortable enough to show for the picnic. Time spent with each of you was memorable. Yes we had our late night shenanigans there was PLENTY of serious time mixed in. Hope those of you that were there enjoyed the picnic and those of you not there were jealous enough to make sure you are there next yr. :) I know I am already looking forward to next yr as I will bee adding my daughters to the trip. Maybe they will able to keep me in line and not cave in Tim's peer pressure. LOL ( he is a very bad influence). I have to say Mondays par day was awesome. The Hajj timed the rides at the right moment and the day was pretty much walk on. Not a fan of the new stage show !!! hope its just a temp thing. > will be back on later to try and play catch up
I wish I could have joined you guys down there, Carl. Maybe next year. I enjoyed all the videos and posts on FB. Thanks for helping us live vicariously though you!

Yeah, I'm behind. Not going to go back either!

So. Hugs, pats on backs, sorry's, congrats, bacon, dole whips (floats, of course. I am not a barbarian.)

Congrats mate, that's great news to end the week on. Did you negotiate that I get to end your working week from over here?

Good deal and congrats :thumbsup2
!

Fantastic news, congrats. It's nice to get something good right after a bad day.
!

Thanks fellas. And, I even get to keep my 2 week summer vacation dates locked in. Tonight's swim meet was easy to sit through with visions of Disney dancing in my head.

Yeah, I'm behind. Not going to go back either!

.)

Classic DisDad effort. :lmao:

Morning boys from a frosty but bright London. Just watching the sports channels, and its popped up that Diego Costa of Chelsea has been offered a £30m a YEAR deal in the chinese super league. After tax. Thats £80k a day.

Have a great day fellas, from the mother country.....

Congratulations! Do you need an assistant?

Morning folks.
Still a little on the cool side, (-21C/-6F) but supposed to warm up a bit over the next few days.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that means more snow.

Just watching the sports channels, and its popped up that Diego Costa of Chelsea has been offered a £30m a YEAR deal in the chinese super league. After tax. Thats £80k a day.

So, about 1/1,000,000 of what Bill Gates makes every second? Cool.

Happy Saturday. Played tennis this AM on lots of cold medicine and managed to trip over my own two feet and fall. :sad2:

I did still held winner's court about 1/2 the time and sure am sore now.

I'd do more... but that would require... effort. And the most I'm willing to give is... a fart.

At your age, never trust a fart. :lmao:

Morning boys from a frosty but bright London. Just watching the sports channels, and its popped up that Diego Costa of Chelsea has been offered a £30m a YEAR deal in the chinese super league. After tax. Thats £80k a day.

Have a great day fellas, from the mother country.....

That's my new salary as well. pixiedust:

Congratulations! Do you need an assistant?

That wasn't in my budget. I'm the Director and only employee. So, I'm not sure if my boss is an idiot or if my employee is lazy, or a combination of both. :lmao:

Yeah, but Gates doesn't get sent off 4 games a season.

And it's way cooler to be paid big money for being an elite athlete as opposed to super genius, unless it is super evil genius.

Well, had a productive day (not for me but for my daughter). She got a car. Put it together over the last couple of days including deciding what car, price and where we were going to buy it. It was a good deal but I could have gotten it for maybe a $200 less. We didn't walk because she liked the color. A Nissan Versa.

I watched a lot of LSU and Florida this year. Appleby really was a class act and I was glad to see him get another shot with a strong program. Maybe not NFL talent, but he's not a bad QB... and it's like I told you a year ago, he didn't have a coach that could work with him to help him learn and grow. He had some of that this year and some talent around him. I think it says a lot about our coaching staff when they bench guys in 2014 and 2015 that then go on to be starters for 2 SEC teams in the top 20 in 2016. Thank goodness Hazell is gone.

They should do better with a new coach. Doesn't say much about the old one when he runs off two QBs that later start for SEC teams. The UF/LSU is now a classic in Gator lore. I'm already getting impatient for next season to start. Long wait.

Belated, but big congratulations. Glad it worked for you.

We just have great local fried chicken - not KFC- but my wife makes an awesome meatloaf and fried chicken.

Definitely not the best chicken but my options are not as varied as yours. When I make fried chicken it is OK and wish I could do better. Very jealous.

Have a great day chaps, and French connection is right up there with the great escape IMHO.

That is a true statement.

Just want to say it was a blast hanging out with those of you that Made it to the DDCC5 Cj your daughter is always welcome in our group and glad she felt comfortable enough to show for the picnic. Time spent with each of you was memorable.

She was worried for her roommate. She knows you guys and enjoys watching us play and it turns out the roommate also did. Standing ovation on the job you did on the BBQ. Looked delicious and both the girls liked the food. It was funny when you brought out the pineapples. Maybe next year a spaghetti dinner? I'll bring a pot of sauce.

Evening Guys.

Just sitting here watching the Patriots letting the Texans stay in t.he game. Pretty nice of them I think.

Been a pretty good weekend here. We travelled about 60 miles up river for another basketball tournament yesterday and today and DS and his buddies came through with another banner, going undefeated again this weekend. They played two games yesterday and won both relatively easily. The semi-final this morning was against our cross-town rival. Game started at 9:30 and finished close to noon, double overtime 106-101 win. Second time in a week they beat them in overtime.

The final was a bit anti-climatic with a 20 point win that wasn't ever really in doubt after a 20-5 start to the game.

This evening DW was checking on the flights we have booked for the March trip and they were cheaper than when we booked. Thanks to Southwest's simple to use change policy we now have $350 in credits!!

Have a good one!

That's my new salary as well. pixiedust:

That wasn't in my budget. I'm the Director and only employee. So, I'm not sure if my boss is an idiot or if my employee is lazy, or a combination of both. :lmao:

Congrats on the new job. So with that salary will you be buying the clubhouse at Golden Oak?

Well, had a productive day (not for me but for my daughter). She got a car. Put it together over the last couple of days including deciding what car, price and where we were going to buy it. It was a good deal but I could have gotten it for maybe a $200 less. We didn't walk because she liked the color. A Nissan Versa.

Nice little car. Do you fit in it? ;)

Congrats to the pirate princess!

Been a pretty good weekend here. We travelled about 60 miles up river for another basketball tournament yesterday and today and DS and his buddies came through with another banner, going undefeated again this weekend. They played two games yesterday and won both relatively easily. The semi-final this morning was against our cross-town rival. Game started at 9:30 and finished close to noon, double overtime 106-101 win. Second time in a week they beat them in overtime.

Congrats to your DS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter