DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Good luck at the tournament.

Thanks. You make far more "own goals" at tennis by hitting balls into the net, double faults, etc. However, the scoring is way different.

Good luck with your tournament and hope whatever crud you have is all cleared up in time.

Thanks.

Watched the "Chew" on Tivo and they announced the cast will be again at Food and Wine. No dates yet. They also brought on a chef to cook shrimp and grits and said he is opening "Homecoming" at Disney Springs. Don't know if it is out there already but I haven't heard. Says it is going to be southern style cooking like the recipe he made and all time favorites like fried chicken. Sounds interesting.

That would be good. I found out after a trip one year that Cake Boss was there. I wish I had known and made a trip to sample some.

I really need to get active in some sort of sport for myself now. Too much time on benches and in bleachers and driving to kids events have left me way too soft in the middle.

Swim & tennis parents are way better than basketball & soccer parents.

As for soft in the middle, yes, I took many years off and developed my beer keg instead of 6pack. It has been made tennis more difficult. I still need to lose a lot of weight to be more competitive. Tennis is played than more with just the arm. If I remember correctly, Bjorn Borg injured a stomach muscle while serving due to all the torque/ twisting. :scared1:

Last edited:
For some reason, I want Mickey head apple pies.

Who wouldn't?!?!?

Never did shift work, but did have two jobs in college, one at UPS which ran a 10:00 PM to 3:00 AM shift. I can't tell you how many times I woke up at 6 or 7 and couldn't figure out if it was morning or evening.

::yes::

You make far more "own goals" at tennis by hitting balls into the debt

This is not a typo folks.

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I thought I was one in a million dad that loves Disney the way our family does.

August heading to Orlando to Upgrade my Florida Pass to AP
Septemeber - Fort Wilderness Camping YEAHHH!!!!
October - No Kids trip to FOOD AND WINE AND WINE AND FOOD lol.

Morning chaps from stormy London. Biggest vote in a generation for us today, so will be up late watching the political channels.

Good Morning Illustrious Leader. Could you please have the penguins update page 1 that DD and I will be attending DDCC from 1/3-1/8 at AoA? Thanks! Hope all is well in the land of the Ravens.​

Page One Updated! All wells here.

Morning folks.
Well, it finally caught up to me. Felt like absolute crap last night from all the lack of sleep so called in sick today. Slept til 9am. Gawd that felt good.

Morning chaps from stormy London. Biggest vote in a generation for us today, so will be up late watching the political channels.

Been keeping an eye on that. Which way are you leaning?

I made it to Thursday.:faint: Inventory done, preliminary audit papers and research done, year end projections done. Just need to clear up a BIG engineering error and will be caught up to where I should have been 2 weeks ago. It's going to be a busy few weeks. :scared::scared:

I don't think I posted here last week, but last Friday our pump house (we have a community well that serves 54 homes) explodedpixiedust:. Pretty much totaled the building and all equipment. Not a fun afternoon. I did get on TV though as they were interviewing the residents that live close (I should be getting calls for TV show gigs any time now). I am across the street. Shook the whole house when it happened. We are strictly well water and septic so no town/municipal provided utilities for water. As a quick solution, we were tied into our neighboring towns municipal water within 24 hours. Now starts the drama on why we can't just stay on the municipal water. It's the easiest, cheapest and best solution. The town is telling the well owner that he has to rebuild (around $300K) a new facility and it makes no sense whatsoever. We'll see how this one plays out. In the short term, we get better water for less $$. Long term, who knows. Stupid people in our town can't use common sense.:mad::mad::mad:

Something came trough S. Florida yesterday although not sure what it was.

Are you sure it wasn't Norm.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Happy Wednesday. Week ends for me tomorrow as I leave in PM for Lexington. Three days of tournament play, if we win. This is team tennis though, which means everyone has to win to get to finals, or at least majority. I'm not so sure that will happen as I worry about quite a few of them. We shall see.

Safe travels and bring home the cup.

I remember when I stopped coaching DS and started to watch him play basketball from the stands. It's great to be just a dad and be able to give more of your focus to him, though it was a different learning experience to figure out how to talk with him after a game. For us, I learned that I needed to make some type of positive comment about the performance for the drive home, then after both had decompressed we were able to talk more about the good and the bad.

DD played her second year of JV basketball this year, I had to remove myself and sit away from the other parents. Not because I was being rude, but because they were so clueless and rude. I still get a kick out of them screaming for our girls to run a pick and roll....while we were defending an out of bounds play.

I really need to get active in some sort of sport for myself now. Too much time on benches and in bleachers and driving to kids events have left me way too soft in the middle.

I get frustrated at times sitting in the stands as we have a lot of parents involved with selfish intentions. They play their kids over kids that are better players and volunteer with the assumption it will benefit the kids when try outs come. I prefer to let me kids earn their own spots and just help if/when asked. When in the stands I am quiet and just watch and enjoy. Already enough critics with no filter around.

As far as criticism or discussions on play, effort is always topic number one and as long as they are working hard it overshadows any negatives. When discussing the negatives, its always from the perspective on what can be done better and not on the mistake. It keeps them from taking it on a personal level. I have learned to laugh with them about mistakes so that helps too.

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. I thought I was one in a million dad that loves Disney the way our family does.

Now your just showing off. 3 trips in consecutive months would be awesome. Welcome to the nut house.

I don't think I posted here last week, but last Friday our pump house (we have a community well that serves 54 homes) explodedpixiedust:. Pretty much totaled the building and all equipment.

Holy crap! Any idea on the cause?

Been keeping an eye on that. Which way are you leaning?

I'm in. Don't won't to get mod'd for a controversial thread jump, but MHO is it's certainly not faultless, but the problems that the Out camp have highlighted would only be exacerbated by leaving, and we can only work through it from the inside.
As I said just MHO.

it was tough trying to explain it to George, my 5 year old, as he was asking about it, as me and my mum were arguing the points. The best analogy I could come up with was if you were in the playground you have a choice. Would you a) Play on your own and have the opportunity to play whatever you wanted, and on occasion friends will want to play, or b) Play with your friends and sometimes have to play games you don't really want to.

He went for b).

It's been a pretty poor level of debate TBH , with many in the UK feeling there is not an awful lot of fact, just a lot of spin, which has been particularly disappointing.

Apologies if this is not the appropriate forum for this, and I'm really not campaigning at all, just responding to pkondz's interest.

Happy Thursday. All packed up at home. Just need to finish work in a few hours and then tournament bound. First match is tomorrow at 9:00 AM. I'll try to post something if not too tired.

Yeah, there's lots of us here. No kids F&W sounds great. Drinking around the world is fun most anytime.

Thanks for the commentary, and it doesn't bother me. I don't live there, so am not sure which is best plan. Does everyone get to vote or only Parliament?

Our economic plan seems to be to build a wall. :sad2:

I don't think I posted here last week, but last Friday our pump house (we have a community well that serves 54 homes) explodedpixiedust:. Pretty much totaled the building and all equipment. Not a fun afternoon. I did get on TV though as they were interviewing the residents that live close (I should be getting calls for TV show gigs any time now). I am across the street. Shook the whole house when it happened. We are strictly well water and septic so no town/municipal provided utilities for water. As a quick solution, we were tied into our neighboring towns municipal water within 24 hours. Now starts the drama on why we can't just stay on the municipal water. It's the easiest, cheapest and best solution. The town is telling the well owner that he has to rebuild (around $300K) a new facility and it makes no sense whatsoever. We'll see how this one plays out. In the short term, we get better water for less $$. Long term, who knows. Stupid people in our town can't use common sense.:mad::mad::mad:

Well, you can't get a degree in common sense, so nothing helpful can be taught anymore. :lmao:

Sounds like a decent solution, however, just to give you another thought, FIL's girlfriend lived on a street of homes and county forced them to tie into sewer as opposed to septic. And, it required the homeowner to pay for it, or the county would place a lien on the house for future sale. Yeah government.

She had nothing but problems and continues to get the runaround from people. The sewer gas has backed up into her home, and it doesn't smell very good.

Last edited:

Are you sure you weren't pumping moonshine out of there?

Morning boys, from sunny London. In total disbelief.

Over here, the talk shows have been saying for a while that you were all going to op'd out, sounds like it was closer than what they made it out to be. I have no idea what the consequences are, other than our stock market seems to be gearing up to tank. Let's hope my 401k survives free fall, again.

Best of luck.

And good morning Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter