DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Good morning Dads, I hope you had a good weekend, despite the news from Orlando.
To brighten the day, I just thought I would share a few pictures of something most of you probably don't get to see often. These were taken last night at Cape Spear, Newfoundland, which happens to be the most easterly point of land in North America. It's about a 25 minute drive from my house. Several icebergs had grounded near the shore and made for a nice photo op. The first picture is youngest DD and I, the others are the icebergs, a nice mix of both tabular and pinnacle bergs. There's a tour boat near one berg to give you an idea of size. The bergs come down from the north every year between late May and early July.

IMG_5075 resize.png

IMG_5069 resize.png

IMG_5085 resize.png

IMG_5070 resize.png

To brighten the day, I just thought I would share a few pictures of something most of you probably don't get to see often. These were taken last night at Cape Spear, Newfoundland, which happens to be the most easterly point of land in North America. It's about a 25 minute drive from my house. Several icebergs had grounded near the shore and made for a nice photo op.

Very cool! (Pun not intended) Thanks for sharing!

Good afternoon all. Took today off to burn another vacation day. Played tennis this AM and took both dds to swim and tennis and back home. It is hot here, hotter than Vero Beach. I'm ready to move down now.

::yes:: We're wayyyy too overprotective these days. We're teaching our kids to be afraid of everyone.

Well, there are certainly those to be afraid of. But, I'm not sure we are teaching about the right ones.

Good morning Dads, I hope you had a good weekend, despite the news from Orlando.
To brighten the day, I just thought I would share a few pictures of something most of you probably don't get to see often. These were taken last night at Cape Spear, Newfoundland, which happens to be the most easterly point of land in North America. It's about a 25 minute drive from my house. Several icebergs had grounded near the shore and made for a nice photo op. The first picture is youngest DD and I, the others are the icebergs, a nice mix of both tabular and pinnacle bergs. There's a tour boat near one berg to give you an idea of size. The bergs come down from the north every year between late May and early July.
]

Cool pictures. Thanks for telling us which ones were your family and which ones were the icebergs. :lmao:

You are right, the only ice I get to see is in a glass. Very cool pics, must be amazing to see in person.

Back to life of CJ.

Good Afternoon Guys. Just dropping in for 5 minutes while I rest between reports, projects and meetings. I hate June as it is our year end and there is no stopping.

That is all, carry on. Hope everyone has a safe, happy and fruitful week.

You are right, the only ice I get to see is in a glass.

Isn't that ice in a class covered by bourbon though? Can't be all bad right?
I don't usually go for bourbon, but something interesting is that up here you can actually get Iceberg rum and vodka made from 10,000 year old water, which is obviously pretty clean and has a slightly different taste. I have enjoyed the rum myself once or twice. :-)

Afternoon All,

hanging out in Halifax, Nova Scotia for a few days of meetings. You have to love when they are still emailing meeting materials after you travel to the meeting city.

You are right, the only ice I get to see is in a glass. Very cool pics, must be amazing to see in person.

So they don't make it all the way down to Miami?

Busy day gents but got one of my last research plots in and made progress on a few other projects. Back is improving and the end of the summer crunch is in sight. Then it will be about two weeks of relative calm before we get ready for fall projects. The years go by too quickly at times.

Went to the Relay for Life saturday evening and took part in the survivors walk...odd feeling being one of the youngest. A little fact I didn't know is our little eastern KY county ranks in the top 10 nationally for funds raised per capita. Pretty amazing really.

Top O the Morning Dads! Gonna be about the craziest / busiest things goin on for our family over the next 4 weeks. We have a couple of days for DS college orientation next week and then I hop on plane for business getting back Friday. DW departs next Friday (will wave at her in airport) to go out to San Diego to spend 10 days with DD who is out there for the summer with FSIL. DS then heads to TSA Nationals the week of 7/27 which means I am a bachelor for a few days that week until I head out to Australia for business (not gonna be home for 4th July >:(). I will not see DW for 16 days and DS for 14 days with the 3 of us finally be back together July 10 for DS Birthday. Thank the maker we have our Disney Cruise 7/16 so the 5 of us can actually have a week together - too dang much in a short window.

Afternoon All,

hanging out in Halifax, Nova Scotia for a few days of meetings. You have to love when they are still emailing meeting materials after you travel to the meeting city.
Sounds like one of our major customers. Fly in here and we will let you know what you need to cover the night before.

Good Tuesday morning. Earned my chauffeur license this AM driving oldest to swimming pool, to office, to home to get youngest for tennis, to tennis center, to office, to swimming pool, to home, to gas station, and back to office. It's just 10:00 AM. I still need to get youngest back home.

Played tennis twice yesterday to prepare for team tournament in two weeks. It sure was rough. I definitely didn't have it for the 2nd match.

Good Afternoon Guys. Just dropping in for 5 minutes while I rest between reports, projects and meetings. I hate June as it is our year end and there is no stopping.

See you next year? Fiscal that is? :lmao:

I don't usually go for bourbon, but something interesting is that up here you can actually get Iceberg rum and vodka made from 10,000 year old water, which is obviously pretty clean and has a slightly different taste. I have enjoyed the rum myself once or twice. :-)

While I do like bourbon, there are some that aren't that good. Vodka or rum from 10,000 year old water does sound good. Is there a particular brand that gets distributed that I could find locally?

Busy day gents but got one of my last research plots in and made progress on a few other projects. Back is improving and the end of the summer crunch is in sight. Then it will be about two weeks of relative calm before we get ready for fall projects. The years go by too quickly at times.

Went to the Relay for Life saturday evening and took part in the survivors walk...odd feeling being one of the youngest. A little fact I didn't know is our little eastern KY county ranks in the top 10 nationally for funds raised per capita. Pretty amazing really.

Glad to hear work is back under control. While that is good news about Relay for Life, it also means so many were families were impacted by cancer, which may mean environmental contamination. My FIL lives in the next county over from us, and less than 30 years ago, there were few paved roads. Thus, in order to keep dust down, he and others would spray crude oil on the dirt roads, which would then run off into ponds where all the kids would swim. An EPA nightmare. With several iron, steel, and aluminum plants, it has one of the highest county cancer %s in KY.

Meetings: because none of us is as unproductive as all of us.

::yes:: And, as the big boss man, you can now have lots of unproductive meetings. :lmao:

Top O the Morning Dads! Gonna be about the craziest / busiest things goin on for our family over the next 4 weeks. We have a couple of days for DS college orientation next week and then I hop on plane for business getting back Friday. DW departs next Friday (will wave at her in airport) to go out to San Diego to spend 10 days with DD who is out there for the summer with FSIL. DS then heads to TSA Nationals the week of 7/27 which means I am a bachelor for a few days that week until I head out to Australia for business (not gonna be home for 4th July >:(). I will not see DW for 16 days and DS for 14 days with the 3 of us finally be back together July 10 for DS Birthday. Thank the maker we have our Disney Cruise 7/16 so the 5 of us can actually have a week together - too dang much in a short window.

Sounds busy. At least you have that cruise to look forward to.

This day in Disney History, 1959, VP Nixon dedicates the monorail.
1180w-600h_TDID-nixon-dedicates-monorail-disneyland-380x260.jpg

Good Tuesday morning. Earned my chauffeur license this AM driving oldest to swimming pool, to office, to home to get youngest for tennis, to tennis center, to office, to swimming pool, to home, to gas station, and back to office. It's just 10:00 AM. I still need to get youngest back home.

Aren't you glad you're on that relaxing, laid-back summer schedule now?

::yes:: And, as the big boss man, you can now have lots of unproductive meetings. :lmao:

I can use them as punishments. "Shape up or we'll have a meeting!"

That's just it, you're (we're) are ALWAYS wrong. FIL told me on my wedding day, "Mal, you can be right or happy, but never both"
Well, you can be both.....but then broke pushes its way into the equation. :rolleyes1 :headache:

Morning folks! Is it still morning? I slept til almost 9!!!
(When the dog insisted she needed out and food.)

So this is what a day off feels like.
Weird!

But I like it.
Yeah, I keep hoping to hit the lottery so I can get used to those...... :rolleyes:

While I do like bourbon, there are some that aren't that good. Vodka or rum from 10,000 year old water does sound good. Is there a particular brand that gets distributed that I could find locally?
The product website is icebergvodka.com and there is a page that lists US distributors. You may be able to find it that way. If not, don't worry, I'll have one for you:):)

The product website is icebergvodka.com and there is a page that lists US distributors. You may be able to find it that way. If not, don't worry, I'll have one for you:):)

Have one for me as well, but make it a double...I'm thirsty!

Aren't you glad you're on that relaxing, laid-back summer schedule now?

I can use them as punishments. "Shape up or we'll have a meeting!"

Yeah, I need them to go back to school so I can relax at the office. :lmao:

But did you win?

Lost. We first just hit singles about 30-45 minutes and I had nothing. I'll have to carb up for these two a day matches. Then, we played mixed doubles with our daughters and lost 4-6.

That is really :furious: of you. I'll check out the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter