DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

1671130210596.gif

Some call it Thursday. Some call it Friday eve. I call it a combination of Saturday and Sunday. Next week it will be something else.

Whatever a “week” is.

I kept thinking yesterday was Friday, then looked at the calendar and experienced severe disappointment.

Hey, Guys! Sorry I've been MIA lately, but I've been really busy. I'll try and get caught up later, but I just had to vent a bit. So today we had a double header when it came to the show I'm in, The Sound of Music. If you recall, the whole family is in it, my DW plays Sister Sofia, my DD is playing Marta von Trapp, and I'm von Schreiber, a Nazi admiral. This isn't the part I wanted, but I chose to do it because the rest of my family is in it. Well, today we had a show at 12 noon and again at 5pm. My in-laws came to the 5pm show, DMiL, DFiL and DSiL. After the show, I went downstairs to drop off my stuff and then went up stairs to see the family, and whoever else might have shown up. Well, my DFiL, who can be a piece of work, and DSiL left rather quickly. I went after them, said "Hi" to my DSiL and went to say "Hi" to my DFiL. Well, my DFiL said, "Anyone who wears the Nazi symbol is a piece of sh@! in my book. I said, "I was playing a part." He reiterated what he said, so I then said, "Ok, I'm not going to argue with you." and walked away. I get it, he hates the symbol, so do I, but he could have at least said, "You know, I hate the symbol, but you did a great job." I know, I'm asking a lot of my DFiL who thrives on causing problems, but it still peeved me off to no end. I told my DW that I'm not going to Christmas at their house this next weekend, this will cause problems later but I'll deal with that when it comes. If he's going to call me that then I want nothing to do with him. Sorry to have to vent like this, but man was I peeved off. Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Hey, Guys! Sorry I've been MIA lately, but I've been really busy. I'll try and get caught up later, but I just had to vent a bit. So today we had a double header when it came to the show I'm in, The Sound of Music. If you recall, the whole family is in it, my DW plays Sister Sofia, my DD is playing Marta von Trapp, and I'm von Schreiber, a Nazi admiral. This isn't the part I wanted, but I chose to do it because the rest of my family is in it. Well, today we had a show at 12 noon and again at 5pm. My in-laws came to the 5pm show, DMiL, DFiL and DSiL. After the show, I went downstairs to drop off my stuff and then went up stairs to see the family, and whoever else might have shown up. Well, my DFiL, who can be a piece of work, and DSiL left rather quickly. I went after them, said "Hi" to my DSiL and went to say "Hi" to my DFiL. Well, my DFiL said, "Anyone who wears the Nazi symbol is a piece of sh@! in my book. I said, "I was playing a part." He reiterated what he said, so I then said, "Ok, I'm not going to argue with you." and walked away. I get it, he hates the symbol, so do I, but he could have at least said, "You know, I hate the symbol, but you did a great job." I know, I'm asking a lot of my DFiL who thrives on causing problems, but it still peeved me off to no end. I told my DW that I'm not going to Christmas at their house this next weekend, this will cause problems later but I'll deal with that when it comes. If he's going to call me that then I want nothing to do with him. Sorry to have to vent like this, but man was I peeved off. Thanks for letting me vent a bit.
Wow.
But how courageous of your FIL to expose his ignorance and possible intellectual disability.

:rolleyes2

Okay, seriously... I've never heard of anyone, let alone someone from your FIL's generation, who isn't at least passingly familiar with The Sound of Music.

Wow, just wow! Praying for you CCT!

Wow.
But how courageous of your FIL to expose his ignorance and possible intellectual disability.

My DW said that her father doesn't understand and can no longer follow long complex storylines. Ok, fine, I get that, that's why he doesn't read books anymore. He'll read, newspapers, short stories and watch the History Channel and other type shows, but he has to know that he was in a theater, and therefore understand that he's watching a staged production, weather he can follow the storyline or not. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything, DW would probably kill me knowing I mention this, but man I was peeved off. I will probably be skipping Christmas at their house this year. My DW won't like it, but she'll understand. I did find out that after they got home, my DSiL laid into him. He was so upset over this that he never even said "Good job" to his granddaughter, my DD.

:rolleyes2

Okay, seriously... I've never heard of anyone, let alone someone from your FIL's generation, who isn't at least passingly familiar with The Sound of Music.

Right?! I know he knows, or at least has heard of the show. Both my DW and DMiL are big musical theater fans and have been going to shows at The College Light Opera Company, a local summer stock theater company, for years. So I know he's heard of the show.

Wow, just wow! Praying for you CCT!

Thanks, appreciate it.

My DW said that her father doesn't understand and can no longer follow long complex storylines. Ok, fine, I get that, that's why he doesn't read books anymore. He'll read, newspapers, short stories and watch the History Channel and other type shows, but he has to know that he was in a theater, and therefore understand that he's watching a staged production, weather he can follow the storyline or not.
Sounds like your FIL might have early onset dementia and/or Alzheimer's?

Anyone who doesn't understand fiction and theater is an idiot in my book.

That’s okay. Tomorrow evening is Monday morning too.
You have too many Mondays
I know, I'm asking a lot of my DFiL who thrives on causing problems
We all know people like that. There's no winning with them. Sorry for how that whole situation went down.
Kind of what I was thinking.
Ok... let's qualify this. There's some theater stuff that I don't get and I'm not sure I want to. But when we're talking about understanding that these people are actors and this isn't real... yeah, I think it's pretty much something a 5 year old can understand.

Ok... let's qualify this. There's some theater stuff that I don't get and I'm not sure I want to. But when we're talking about understanding that these people are actors and this isn't real... yeah, I think it's pretty much something a 5 year old can understand.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I mean, does he have a problem with Indiana Jones movies too?

Hello guys.

Just finished about 3 weeks of working every day. Got home from our 109 team tournament last night around 11. All I've done today is respond to a couple of messages and catch up on some travel-related work.

CCT, sorry to hear about your issue. I hope it gets worked out soon.

There are a lot of idiots around.

Morning, Fellas! Hope all are well before the holidays. Well, I got a call yesterday from my DFiL who apologized for what he said. However, I don't believe he understood what he was apologizing for as he had been drinking, and when he drinks he doesn't remember a thing. Still, he apologized. I'll show up for Christmas, but it's going to be....well, I'll be a bit distanced from him.

I've thought about that, and even mentioned it to my DW, but she doesn't think so. I'm so so 100% convinced of it myself. He's pretty with it during the day and knows what's going on. He just likes to cause problems. Now, add in a couple of Southern Comfort Manhattan's (which he had) and you have a recipe or problems. So in this case I believe it was him just causing problems.

I don't think it's a issue of not understanding that what he's seeing is fiction. I think it's just him causing problems, which he likes to do. I do know that he no longer reads books as he can't follow the storyline, so he reads the newspaper and short stories, fine, understand that, but this is theater. Fiction. He's gotta understand that. So it's just him causing problems.

You have too many Mondays

I think its time to drop some of those Mondays.

We all know people like that. There's no winning with them. Sorry for how that whole situation went down.

Thanks. I'll get over it. It will be a quiet Christmas between me and him.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Even though I'm not 100% convinced it is, he might be at the early onset of dementia or Alzheimer's. I'm not a doctor and don't know.

👆 This!

Yeah, that's what I meant. I mean, does he have a problem with Indiana Jones movies too?

Wouldn't know, I don't even think he's seen an Indiana Jones movie, however, gauging off his reaction to this past weekend? I think he would have a problem.

CCT, sorry to hear about your issue. I hope it gets worked out soon.

Thanks

There are a lot of idiots around.

Yes there are.

I hope I was clear in trying to get across what I wanted to say and not confusing. Thanks again for listening.

Wouldn't know, I don't even think he's seen an Indiana Jones movie, however, gauging off his reaction to this past weekend? I think he would have a problem.
I’m the type that likes to stir the pot sometimes, but I think Christmas would be a great time for the family to sit around and enjoy an Indiana Jones marathon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter