DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'Sup, playas?
Not much. 'sup with you?

The Good News: Your college football team gets invited to a bowl game in Orlando and your wife mentions that you should go without the kids for an adults only trip just to get away for a few days and see the game.
d34240e2ea6a42b85299cfb0c5f42974.jpg

The Bad News: Last minute park availability and hotel rates around New Years. :faint:
6ba3c039ae551535e8ea7b067fefeb10--the-simpsons.jpg

Happy Walt Day everyone.

The Good News: Your college football team gets invited to a bowl game in Orlando and your wife mentions that you should go without the kids for an adults only trip just to get away for a few days and see the game.

The Bad News: Last minute park availability and hotel rates around New Years. :faint:

We'll see what pans out. May not be a Disney element to the trip if we do go.

That could be an excellent excursion.
It's not like there isn't anything else to get into down that way.

Besides, even if you can't get parks reservations or stay at one of the resorts, there ain't no reason why you can't enjoy some of the amenities on property or at the very least spend a bit o' time at Dis Springs.

Happy Walt Day everyone.

Besides, even if you can't get parks reservations or stay at one of the resorts, there ain't no reason why you can't enjoy some of the amenities on property or at the very least spend a bit o' time at Dis Springs.
Oh, definitely. It's still on the table and we're looking at some options.

Very true. We've had a lot of fun just parking at Disney Springs, hopping on a bus and exploring resorts or riding the monorail around.

Well... I'm going to Disney World. Managed to secure a pair of Bowl tickets through the school's allocation system. Far cheaper than I could have got tickets for at the Big Ten Championship game. Managed to snag a couple of park reservations on 12/31 and 1/1. Unfortunately, could only get AK on 12/31 and went with DHS on 1/1. Hoping we can try to hop if parks don't reach capacity or maybe change that DHS reservation to MK if it would happen to open up. We talked about it and really wanted to visit the parks without the kids for once if we could. We're going in knowing it will be crowded and we won't be able to do much, but really would love to spend an evening in EPCOT enjoying snacks and beverages around the world and hopefully get into MK for one last ride on Splash.

Morning, Fellas! Been a while, but life has been busy. The family and I are well. Even though I've heard rumors the reservation system might disappear, I've secured my reservations for the parks for my trip in June. Using the web site Touring Plans, I've decided to go to the Magic Kingdom on Sunday, June 11th. According to TP website, the MK is like a 5 that day, so why not. Yes, it'll still be busy, but it won't be 7/8 busy like HS. I've set aside 2 days, Monday and Tuesday, June 12th and 13th, for Universal and NASA. I'm still looking into Universal and the Harry Potter world. I've learned that in order to do the Hogwarts train you have to do 2 parks. Not sure about that, but I'm still looking into it and will discuss with the Mrs.

As for the show that me and the family are in, The Sound of Music? Things are going great! Everyone who see's the show loves it. My character, Admiral von Schreiber, is a small role, but I've really gotten into the character and love it. There has been more than one show where I hear I comments about my character from just walking on stage. And these comments are usually in the form of, "Uh oh," or "Ooooo." So I take that as a good thing. We're on the third weekend, and what a weekend. We've had 6 people, 5 cast members and 1 backstage hand, come down with COVID. One of the cast members who came down with COVID is the young lady who plays Liesl, the oldest female von Trapp kid, and is a good sized role. We wound up having the girl playing Louisa stepped up and into the role of Liesel. Thankfully she's good and was able to step into the role with about a 4 hour notice. We then had one of the young ladies playing a postulant step into the role of Louisa. Then it happened, the girl who stepped up to play Louisa got sick, not COVID from what I hear, but sick nonetheless. So, we had another young postulant step up to play Louisa. Musical characters. We went from having too many nuns to having just under what we need. You know what they say, "The show must go on." One more show today and then another break before our last weekend.

Have a good day, guys.

Wait… is that the same as “Bless your heart”?
Yes, but not towards you. Towards whoever made your schedule.
I've learned that in order to do the Hogwarts train you have to do 2 parks.
Can confirm. Need to have a 2 park ticket for that day since it does go between IoA and US.
You know what they say, "The show must go on." One more show today and then another break before our last weekend.
Wow... sounds like there have certainly been plenty of challenges, but glad to hear you're having fun with it and doing a good job!

Morning, boys.
Coming up on 6:30am (CST) and just another hour to go before I can get out of here, go home, sleep, get up, wander around in a daze then go back to work. Good times.

Morning, Fellas! Been a while, but life has been busy. The family and I are well. Even though I've heard rumors the reservation system might disappear, I've secured my reservations for the parks for my trip in June. Using the web site Touring Plans, I've decided to go to the Magic Kingdom on Sunday, June 11th. According to TP website, the MK is like a 5 that day, so why not. Yes, it'll still be busy, but it won't be 7/8 busy like HS. I've set aside 2 days, Monday and Tuesday, June 12th and 13th, for Universal and NASA. I'm still looking into Universal and the Harry Potter world. I've learned that in order to do the Hogwarts train you have to do 2 parks. Not sure about that, but I'm still looking into it and will discuss with the Mrs.

As for the show that me and the family are in, The Sound of Music? Things are going great! Everyone who see's the show loves it. My character, Admiral von Schreiber, is a small role, but I've really gotten into the character and love it. There has been more than one show where I hear I comments about my character from just walking on stage. And these comments are usually in the form of, "Uh oh," or "Ooooo." So I take that as a good thing. We're on the third weekend, and what a weekend. We've had 6 people, 5 cast members and 1 backstage hand, come down with COVID. One of the cast members who came down with COVID is the young lady who plays Liesl, the oldest female von Trapp kid, and is a good sized role. We wound up having the girl playing Louisa stepped up and into the role of Liesel. Thankfully she's good and was able to step into the role with about a 4 hour notice. We then had one of the young ladies playing a postulant step into the role of Louisa. Then it happened, the girl who stepped up to play Louisa got sick, not COVID from what I hear, but sick nonetheless. So, we had another young postulant step up to play Louisa. Musical characters. We went from having too many nuns to having just under what we need. You know what they say, "The show must go on." One more show today and then another break before our last weekend.

Have a good day, guys.
Whoa. Been having some fun times there with the cast dropping like flies!
Yes, but not towards you. Towards whoever made your schedule.
Actually... it's not the schedule so much as it's management's lack of planning to have adequate staff. We let some people go during the height of Covid (when we were already short-staffed) and while we have successfully trained two new people, we're still short. We have two more that just started training and hopefully they'll be done in about 5 months. Which is great since we're... losing two more staff next month. Supposedly we'll have more training in the spring and we'll be either at or close to fully staffed by 2024.

Well... I'm going to Disney World. Managed to secure a pair of Bowl tickets through the school's allocation system. Far cheaper than I could have got tickets for at the Big Ten Championship game. Managed to snag a couple of park reservations on 12/31 and 1/1. Unfortunately, could only get AK on 12/31 and went with DHS on 1/1. Hoping we can try to hop if parks don't reach capacity or maybe change that DHS reservation to MK if it would happen to open up. We talked about it and really wanted to visit the parks without the kids for once if we could. We're going in knowing it will be crowded and we won't be able to do much, but really would love to spend an evening in EPCOT enjoying snacks and beverages around the world and hopefully get into MK for one last ride on Splash.
Hope you have a great time. If you expect huge crowds and long waits, you won't be disappointed no matter what happens, right?

Yep. Up at 6am. Work til 4pm. And then work at midnight. Yawn is correct.
Well, that just sounds horrifying.

Wait… is that the same as “Bless your heart”?
::yes:: :rotfl2:

As Andy said, you definitely need a 2-park ticket to do the Hogwarts train. Also, make sure to take the crowd calendars with the appropriate grains of salt. They are educated guesses to be sure, but they're still guesses. It's not a foolproof system.

Coming up on 6:30am (CST) and just another hour to go before I can get out of here, go home, sleep, get up, wander around in a daze then go back to work. Good times.
Isn't there a way to shoot up with a tranquilizer for a few hours there?

Supposedly we'll have more training in the spring and we'll be either at or close to fully staffed by 2024.
I have more faith in the crowd calendars, to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter