DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yep, that's how it works. They worm their way into your sole.
Rotten animals.

;)
I'd had critters in the house since I was a young'en, the my young'en is still carrying on the tradition.
Time for a break, but as you noted, I've said that before myself.
Well, when the last kid moves out, she might take the dog with her as it's mostly hers (at least seems mostly attached to her.) If not, the kids, as you say, can keep that tradition going.
Morning boys from a sunny London. The Lady K decreed that the old tree wasn't big enough, so just sat down from a re run of the tree decorating from last week.
So... how much does a tree cost in your neck of the woods?
I paid $54CDN (£32) for mine from Home Depot. (180-200cm/6-7ft) but a couple guys at work paid over $100 (£59)for theirs.

I quickly scrolled to not read your post Darcy. Don't know if you have spoilers or not but saw the F1 word.
Hope to watch it in a couple hours.

I paid $54CDN (£32) for mine from Home Depot. (180-200cm/6-7ft) but a couple guys at work paid over $100 (£59)for theirs.
7.5ft one was about 120 quid.
A real 'un over here woukd set you back about 80, so it will pay back next year.

$45 for a 6-7 footer here from a local service club's tree lot. Our normal grower sold out before we could get there but I think he was about $40.

I quickly scrolled to not read your post Darcy. Don't know if you have spoilers or not but saw the F1 word.
Hope to watch it in a couple hours.

No spoilers, I'll be interested to read your take on the race.

So my opinion on the F1 race.

In case anyone hasn't seen the race yet, I'll put this in a spoiler...
I'll qualify this by saying I was rooting for Hamilton. I wanted to see him break Schumi's record and stand apart as the only 8-time champion.

So...
I feel that all the lapped cars should have been let past the pace car prior to restart. Red Bull's claim that "any" does not mean "all" is ridiculous.
I suppose in the future, they can pick and choose who gets to unlap themselves and who doesn't?
The fact that the "pace car in this lap" signal takes precedence is true, but... when you display that signal is in question. What if the track is 90% blocked from cars and debris and the signal is accidentally deployed? Oh well, it has to come in.
Also, normally, the safety car comes into the pits on the lap following that in which the lapped cars are allowed past the safety car. Issuing the signal for the safety car to come in this lap contravenes that.

Article 48.12 is explicit:
“Unless the clerk of the course considers the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap. <bolded for emphasis by me>

Having said that... I don't know if letting all or some of the lapped cars past would have made a difference (given that they brought the pace car in early.) I'm not sure where they were on the track when they were given permission to unlap themselves. If they all would have been unlapped before the pace car came in anyway, then it's a moot point. I do believe that everything should be done to finish a race under racing conditions and not behind a pace car. It's unfortunate, but that's racing. Latifi's crash dramatically affected the race... and that's racing. Sometimes you benefit from the safety car, sometimes it bites you. It benefitted Max and bit Lewis.

In this case though, I feel that the rules weren't appropriately applied. If it had happened one lap earlier and they raced to the end and Max wins... so be it. But telling the cars that there would be no passing... and then (on the same lap!) saying that only the cars between Max and Lewis would be allowed to pass the safety car and then bringing in the safety car on that lap...
Too many rules being bent there.

Last edited:

I'll qualify this by saying I was rooting for Hamilton. I wanted to see him break Schumi's record and stand apart as the only 8-time champion.

So...
I feel that all the lapped cars should have been let past the pace car prior to restart. Red Bull's claim that "any" does not mean "all" is ridiculous.
I suppose in the future, they can pick and choose who gets to unlap themselves and who doesn't?
The fact that the "pace car in this lap" signal takes precedence is true, but... when you display that signal is in question. What if the track is 90% blocked from cars and debris and the signal is accidentally deployed? Oh well, it has to come in.
Also, normally, the safety car comes into the pits on the lap following that in which the lapped cars are allowed past the safety car. Issuing the signal for the safety car to come in this lap contravenes that.

Article 48.12 is explicit:
“Unless the clerk of the course considers the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap. <bolded for emphasis by me>

Having said that... I don't know if letting all or some of the lapped cars past would have made a difference (given that they brought the pace car in early.) I'm not sure where they were on the track when they were given permission to unlap themselves. If they all would have been unlapped before the pace car came in anyway, then it's a moot point. I do believe that everything should be done to finish a race under racing conditions and not behind a pace car. It's unfortunate, but that's racing. Latifi's crash dramatically affected the race... and that's racing. Sometimes you benefit from the safety car, sometimes it bites you. It benefitted Max and bit Lewis.

In this case though, I feel that the rules weren't appropriately applied. If it had happened one lap earlier and they raced to the end and Max wins... so be it. But telling the cars that there would be no passing... and then (on the same lap!) saying that only the cars between Max and Lewis would be allowed to pass the safety car and then bringing in the safety car on that lap...
Too many rules being bent there.

Completely agree and F1 has no one to blame but themselves after the way they "applied" rules this season.

Completely agree and F1 has no one to blame but themselves after the way they "applied" rules this season.
Yeah, way too much rule/officiating controversy this year.

In other news. Phew! Just finished watching the Canadian Football League championship game. (108th Grey Cup)
My team Winnipeg vs Hamilton. After two interceptions Hamilton up 12 points (22-10) with 12:03 left in the game.
A field goal brings it to 22-13 with 8:30 left.
With 1:52 left, Winnipeg takes the lead 24-22... but it doesn't last.
After a single point, with 4 seconds left, Hamilton kicks a field goal to tie the game 25-25.
We go to overtime.
Winnipeg has the ball first and score a TD and 2-point convert.
Hamilton takes over and put themselves in a hole with a holding penalty. First and 20.
Shortly after, Hamilton quarterback drops back and throws. Ball is almost intercepted by one defender, another defender makes a desperation grab with one hand before the ball hits the turf and manages to toss it to another defender and... interception!

Winnipeg wins 33-25!

Hey, Gents! Leaving early today, so going to keep this short. Hope everyone had a good weekend. The Christmas parade I was supposed to march in on Saturday was moved to Sunday due to weather, which was fine by me because it gave me the opportunity to go see my DW play with the New Bedford Symphony, she's a harpist, by the way. This was their holiday concert and me, DMiL and DD had a great time at the concert. Had the Christmas parade yesterday evening and while it was cool, it wasn't cold, so great weather to march in. Spent time this weekend getting the tree pulled out of the attic and put up, it's not decorated, but it's up. Well, gotta run and get some breakfast and head off to work. Have a good day, fellas.

TTFN

Nah. Just wanted sleep. Didn't get it.

I get that.

My house is big enough, well... the basement is, but...

I have a good sized basement as well, but it's full of, well, stuff. (heavy sigh)

My supervisor lost it.

And the drama (which I can't talk about (yet)) at work just ramped up to a whole new level. :sad2:

Ah! Supervisors....say no more. And work drama.

The Christmas parade I was supposed to march in on Saturday was moved to Sunday due to weather, which was fine by me because it gave me the opportunity to go see my DW play with the New Bedford Symphony, she's a harpist, by the way. This was their holiday concert and me, DMiL and DD had a great time at the concert. Had the Christmas parade yesterday evening and while it was cool, it wasn't cold, so great weather to march in.
Man that sounds like a pretty darned good weekend!
Ah! Supervisors....say no more. And work drama.
Actually... in this case, while surprised that he lost it a bit (he's pretty even-keeled), the other party deserved it. And is the problem.

Hey all

Its Monday Again GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The good news is that there are only 3 left for the year.

Didn't have any fruit, to be honest.
I'll try and do better today.
Maybe some lemon meringue pie.

It has milk, eggs, fruit....lots of nutrition, as far as I'm concerned.

Working through my annual bout of holiday blues (thus the spot of quietness from my corner of the club house).

Good to hear from you, Rob. Hopefully the mindless chatter here helps lighten the load a bit for you.

This time, it didn't make me feel quite as crappy the next day, so I must have built up a fail amount of tolerance.

Got my booster as well. I had a headache the next day, that was it.

crazy and controversial end to the F1 season this morning, well actually the result isn't official yet so we'll see what happens.

I actually watched the end of this race with my boys. Pretty much the first F1 race I've seen all year. I don't know a ton about the sport or the rules, but I felt like the ending was completely contrived to manufacture drama. Felt that way, anyway.

It was like the Falcons were leading the Patriots 28-3 in the Super Bowl, and then at the end the referees said, "Ok, now we're going to make the score 28-24 and give the Pats the ball at the Atlanta 10-yard line."

Winnipeg wins 33-25!

Congratulations on the championship!

Actually... in this case, while surprised that he lost it a bit (he's pretty even-keeled), the other party deserved it. And is the problem.

We have a few employees like that. It's so hard to fire anybody around here that they just survive.

Hey all

Its Monday Again GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The good news is that there are only 3 left for the year.
It's my day off! My one and only for a while.
I actually watched the end of this race with my boys. Pretty much the first F1 race I've seen all year. I don't know a ton about the sport or the rules, but I felt like the ending was completely contrived to manufacture drama. Felt that way, anyway.
Actually... it was. I watch Indy and F1. They always want a good show, of course. But I think what they should have done is either followed the rules, which would have resulted in finishing under the safety car... or red flagged the race. At which point, (in F1) you can work on your car and both drivers could've put on fresh soft tires and really raced for the win.
Congratulations on the championship!
Thanks! First time since 1962 we won back to back championships. (First time since 2010 any team has done it.)
We have a few employees like that. It's so hard to fire anybody around here that they just survive.
Oh man... you said a mouthful. Hoping to be able to tell this story in another month or less.

Actually... it was. I watch Indy and F1. They always want a good show, of course. But I think what they should have done is either followed the rules, which would have resulted in finishing under the safety car... or red flagged the race. At which point, (in F1) you can work on your car and both drivers could've put on fresh soft tires and really raced for the win.

Masi really screwed up on this one. He told Martin Brundle before the race he wouldn't red flag the race if there was an accident in that series of turns near the end of the race. He then told teams that lapped cars would maintain there position and not be allowed to go past the safety car. Red Bull complained and suddenly the cars were allowed to unlap but only the cars between Hamilton and Verstappen. While they were doing that he withdrew the safety car. One big clusterflub!

That's one thing I think NASCAR has got right. In situations like this they red flag the race and restart with a shot out formula to make sure the winner is determined on track.

Good morning... the wife and I have been discussing planning a trip to Disney again this summer. I've been reading through the boards. Usually that gets me fired up and ready to book. Now... I'm still kind of skeptical and reluctant. :sad2:

Any chance we could put a Chapek animatronic in place of Zurg so we can shoot him with our laser guns?

As much as I don't like NASCAR's constant rule changes, I do really like their overtime rule to give up to 3 chances to finish under green... everybody knows what to expect and it leaves less open to interpretation. Also plays into strategy because you have to plan for possibly a few extra laps of fuel or plan to pit if it goes over.

Good morning... the wife and I have been discussing planning a trip to Disney again this summer. I've been reading through the boards. Usually that gets me fired up and ready to book. Now... I'm still kind of skeptical and reluctant. :sad2:

Any chance we could put a Chapek animatronic in place of Zurg so we can shoot him with our laser guns?

I know what you mean. We're looking at going back in 2023. But I'll only be able to go over the summer, so it will be crowded. So with all the changes, I feel like my choice is either to wait in 2-hour lines for every ride and go on maybe 4 rides a day, or pay however many buckets of dollars on top of what it already costs for travel, lodging, and admission. Not very magical.

Afternoon fellas from an overcast London.
Annoying calls more than anything groundbreaking today. Don't watch F1, but all of Lady Ks family are steeped in it, and are spittin feathers today. I have no idea what they are talking about.

In other news. Phew! Just finished watching the Canadian Football League championship game. (108th Grey Cup)
My team Winnipeg vs Hamilton. After two interceptions Hamilton up 12 points (22-10) with 12:03 left in the game.
A field goal brings it to 22-13 with 8:30 left.
With 1:52 left, Winnipeg takes the lead 24-22... but it doesn't last.
After a single point, with 4 seconds left, Hamilton kicks a field goal to tie the game 25-25.
We go to overtime.
Winnipeg has the ball first and score a TD and 2-point convert.
Hamilton takes over and put themselves in a hole with a holding penalty. First and 20.
Shortly after, Hamilton quarterback drops back and throws. Ball is almost intercepted by one defender, another defender makes a desperation grab with one hand before the ball hits the turf and manages to toss it to another defender and... interception!

Winnipeg wins 33-25!
And this encapsulates my entire exposure to CFL this season. Congrats to big W on the, er, big W.
It has milk, eggs, fruit....lots of nutrition, as far as I'm concerned.
It certainly forms part of my 5 a day...
I'd pay single pass attraction upgrades for that.
Me and Lady K have been talking about selling up on DVC. Right now I can pretty much get back what I paid for it, including commissions. So that means the last 5 vacations would have effectively been the cost of my dues, which is about 20% of what I would have paid cash. I don't know if we will, but that's a chunk o change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter