• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hey, Fellas! Almost made it Friday, just one more day, and a long one it will be. My in-laws were off Cape last night so we brought their dog over to our house, and she would not lay down and sleep. I foresee multiple cups of coffee in my future today.

I need to ask for some good vibes, thoughts or prayers be send to my cousin and her family. My cousin had her second baby about 6-7 weeks ago. This was an emergency C-section and mother and daughter were almost lost, but the doctors were able to save them. It was so bad that she was med-flighted from where she lives in Colorado to Denver's Children's Hospital where the baby is still in ICU level 3. There was no accident or anything like that that caused this, just my cousin being a high-risk pregnancy. Something happened that caused things to slam into high gear. Thankfully she and the baby were saved, but the baby is still in bad condition, so prayers and what not would be a good much appreciated right now. Thanks, guys.

TTFN

:hug:

Nice ride, doc.

Well, then, you spent too much. :laughing:

And it may not be, but my initial thought on this is that the FP line use to get pretty long, making the standby line wait even longer...because you're trying to get two lines into one ride. Now, I don't know how the lines have been moving since FP shut down during COVID, but I suspect it the lines were moving somewhat quicker without that second line, not having visited during COVID I can't be sure, but that's just a guess. My thought with the new pay system is that a lot of people might not buy into it, thus making that line shorter and helping the standby line move quicker. Again, this is all speculation on my part, so I could be wrong, but that's my thought process on this and why I was thinking this way. I need to start reading up on, and following, all the Disney news....just don't know all the good news sites to hit.
Praying.

Mornin', Fellas! Had a good day yesterday, except for that one patient who gave me grief for asking her questions. She was an old lady with an attitude.....I gave it right back to her. She didn't like it, but I gave it back. Outside that all is well. As for this weekend? Well, its Oktoberfest in the next town, and my VFW post and the Kiwanis club go in together and run the beer tent, so looking forward to that. This year we're getting a local brewery to supply the beer instead of our usual brewery, Shipyard. Well, gotta get breakfast going...have a good day, Fellas.

TTFN

Hope all goes well for them all.
Good thoughts sent their way. :hug:

Thanks, guys, appreciate it.

Ugh. Good luck keeping the eyes open.

Yesterday was busy enough that it wasn't a problem. Now, Friday's are usually slower days in doctor's offices, so today might be a problem, but we'll see. I do know where the coffee machine is, though. :surfweb:

Mornin', Fellas! Had a good day yesterday, except for that one patient who gave me grief for asking her questions. She was an old lady with an attitude.....I gave it right back to her. She didn't like it, but I gave it back. Outside that all is well. As for this weekend? Well, its Oktoberfest in the next town, and my VFW post and the Kiwanis club go in together and run the beer tent, so looking forward to that. This year we're getting a local brewery to supply the beer instead of our usual brewery, Shipyard. Well, gotta get breakfast going...have a good day, Fellas.

Shipyard is the usual brewery or the new one?

Morning Guys,

Headed out for one more camping trip before packing it all away for the winter. Going to be a bit cool so we will see how it goes. Leaving later today so setting up will be in the dark, should be fun.

Have a good one all.

Morning Guys,

Headed out for one more camping trip before packing it all away for the winter. Going to be a bit cool so we will see how it goes. Leaving later today so setting up will be in the dark, should be fun.

Have a good one all.
Camping or glamping?

I would like to propose an adamant to the 1st Man Law…
Change from, “Pictures, Or It Didn't Happen!”, to Pictures/Video/Live Stream, Or It Didn't Happen!

What say ye?
Aye GIFs | Tenor

I don't think it needs to be changed, but I have no opposition to it being changed either.

I abstain. :lmao:

Did you mean you adamantly want to change it, amend it or a new ammendment to the by laws? ;)

Headed out for one more camping trip before packing it all away for the winter. Going to be a bit cool so we will see how it goes.
Temps down close to freezing. Hope you packed your woolies.
Change from, “Pictures, Or It Didn't Happen!”, to Pictures/Video/Live Stream, Or It Didn't Happen!

What say ye?
Well if you're adamant about it, I'll 2nd.

Happy Friday Everyone,

Working from home today. At least the laptop is open and the work screen is up. I have sent a few emails but the documentary on TV is much more interesting than work...

The Better Half is watching all the news, photos, and reviews coming out of WDW today. She casually suggested that flights from PDX tonight aren't that expensive. In all fairness to her, the airfare would be nothing compared to the credit card bill for all the merch she wants.

It's going to be nice and sunny this weekend, probably the last nice one of the year. Guess I should make plans to prep the garden beds for winter. Gotta pull out the old plants and turn over the ground. Now, where is The Kid hiding....

The Better Half is watching all the news, photos, and reviews coming out of WDW today. She casually suggested that flights from PDX tonight aren't that expensive.
So are you going today or tomorrow?

The Better Half is watching all the news, photos, and reviews coming out of WDW today. She casually suggested that flights from PDX tonight aren't that expensive. In all fairness to her, the airfare would be nothing compared to the credit card bill for all the merch she wants.
I think the bigger problem would be getting into the park to get the merch. I have a fellow disdad/friend who often rents DVC points. I had a ressie for him some time this month, but he ended up canceling because he couldn't get a park reservation. He was very frustrated and cancelled. Told me if he can't get in the park, what's the point?

I think the bigger problem would be getting into the park to get the merch. I have a fellow disdad/friend who often rents DVC points. I had a ressie for him some time this month, but he ended up canceling because he couldn't get a park reservation. He was very frustrated and cancelled. Told me if he can't get in the park, what's the point?
:eek:

Morning, Gents! Well, had a great day yesterday at work. The location I went to, neurosurgery, lost a reception person and are now looking to fill that slot. I wound up talking to one the physician assistants and mentioned I was a temp and not an actual employee of Cape Cod Healthcare. Well, she then started trying to recruit me to work for the practice directly. She said she'd talk to the practice manager, who then came out at the end of the day and introduced herself. We chatted for a bit and I told her that while I'm interested I have questions and what not. She asked if I had talked to HR, and I said not in a while, so she said she'd talk to HR and get back to me. She then said we can talk later. So....a good day over all.

Shipyard is the usual brewery or the new one?

Sorry for the confusion. Shipyard is the usual brewery. This year we're going with Naukabout Brewery, it's a local brewery.
Morning Guys,

Have a good one all.

Have fun. Keep an eye out for bigfoot. Say "Hey" for me if you see him.

Camping or glamping?

Glamping would be the only way to go.

What say ye?

Love it when we adamant to Man Law.

Thanks, just need a 2nd.

:thumbsup2

Happy Friday Everyone,

Working from home today. At least the laptop is open and the work screen is up. I have sent a few emails but the documentary on TV is much more interesting than work...

Sounds like you've had a busy day....you may want to take it easy.

If she's casually suggesting that flights aren't that expensive, then I'd casually get the credit card out and get some flights. :thumbsup2

I hope the park reservation system/thing goes away at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter