• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, gents.
Think I'll try for another run this morning, if it isn't too late. Not supposed to be as hot today.

you guys are still here huh?
No. This is all posted by robots. Please do not post a Captcha.
Watched Black Widow last night, it could be up in my top 3 Marvel films.
Really!
2 and a bit hours of Scarlett in tight black leather? I'm all in.
Ohhh... Okay, I'm with ya.
If we take ours out for more than 5 days, we could get fined £60 per child, per parent. So 2 kids, 2 parents, £240 a day.
:eek:
We have a countdown for this with our kids. 3964 days and counting.
Practically around the corner!
Well our other house we were renting was put on the market yesterday. I'm sore and tired from this week. Between working all day and then working on the house, it was a very long week. Hoping it sells quickly. Have two looking at it today thus far so that's promising.
Whoa. No wonder you're beat. Good luck with the house!
Morning All, nice warm morning here. I may have missed my window to get a run in before it gets too warm but I may try one later anyway. For now it's Olympics and coffee.
Hoping to post this, then check the temp. We'll see.
Do you keep that posted in a visible location?
:laughing:

Happy Saturday. Played tennis this AM and back home. No showings on the house all week, so it's just a matter of time until this is all over. I'm starting to unpack what i I already packed in anticipation of the move. I guess that's the way it goes, although, I just don't like being at the mercy of others not doing their job.

For what it's worth... I think that was the right call. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But those players who were thinking they'd be sitting on the bench got to play. And win or lose... it's a team win/loss.

Thanks. Haven't started it yet.

And it just is never any fun, is it.

Not a question.

Thanks.

Mornin' fellas! Made it through hump day, and now we're on the downhill slide to the weekend. Having 4, 10's this week, today was chosen as my day off during the week, but I'm starting it by heading to the dealership to pick my DW and DMiL up. My DW and DMiL are having work done on their Prius's, so I'll pick them up and head home. Once home, my DW will take my car and DD and head off to music and swim lessons. That'll take a good few hours. This means, with no car, I'm stuck at home. With the TV and, well, my chair. I foresee a TV marathon in my future. Or a nap. Or both. :teeth:

Bet that'll feel good having 4 days off. Enjoy.

I couldn't get past the first episode.

I think your best bet is to cut your ties with her, wait and then get a new one. She's apparently a dud, and what makes it worse is she sounds like she cant handle criticism.

Can't decide. 10 hour days are long, but it's nice to have a day off somewhere in the week, which is today for me. I guess it depends on what schedule I'm on is whether or not I like it. When I'm on 5, 8's, I like that. When I'm on 4, 10's, I like that. I do come home exhausted at times when I do my 4, 10's, but it's a good exhaustion....if that makes sense. I just wish I knew more. There's always something that comes up that I just don't know, and it annoys me. I'll learn.

Exactely! The day doesn't drag. Sometimes the last hour/hour-half can drag a bit when the schedule lightens up at the end of the day, but otherwise a busy day.

I agree with this, team effort. Major kudos.

Ugh, hanging out for car repairs are the worst. I need to get an oil change on the truck.

As to the realtor, the only challenge with cutting is ties is that I can't get another realtor in time for the house to sell/close by the end of August. We have a contingent contract on the new house to August 27. So, cut ties and pay a new realtor and current realtor commisions, wait 3 months and hope the new house is still available for purchase, or roll the dice and hope we get lucky.

Morning, boys.
Day 3 of my days off but day 2 of the days I've worked on my days off. After more than a year of zero overtime, people are starting to take vacations again and overtime has started up. Don't mind the extra cash, though.

Hope the vacations/ OT continue. I'm on 4 days each for the next weeks to cover vacations here as well.

Afternoon fellas from another scorcher in the mother country. Kids finish for the summer today, so we are rugrat central until September 9. I feel a family meal out tonight on the cards.
Mainly because ya man forgot to book in the delivery slot for the weekly shopping and so our fridge and cupboards look like West Ham's trophy cabinet (I coulda picked a few fights there, but took the moral high ground)
Busy busy on the Bricksburg front, and just got (quietly) upped again.

An estate agent with a galactic ego. Huh. Whod've thought it?

CCT & Bezos often play tennis together at the billionaires club.

Is the Plural of Prius Prii? Like Octopus?

Remember to to clear your search history 😉

Did you prune the hedges of many small villages? Pillage the horses? Ride off on the women?

Why is the moon carrying a camel? And wearing cowboy boots in the desert? And no pants?

Have a good day mes amis

Don't go no foreign language. I already have enough difficulty with Canadian.

Afternoon Dads and a very Happy Friday eve! All good here and kinda under control, as under control as things can be I guess. Stay safe out there

Sounds like you made the correct call there Norm - nice job!

Thanks. Enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

Well crap! I'm in real trouble.

I guess traveling in vs. traveling to is okay.

The hot spots are Miami and Tampa, so you should be okay.

We are booked for a December trip. I was hoping we could go mask free, especially since vaccinated, but it doesn't look promising. We will still be there, unless WDW shuts down again.

Finished replacing all the interion door handles and lock sets in the house. For the first time since we moved in, they're all the same size, shape and type, not randomly covered in paint, and all of them even work now (that's what I get for buying a house that was previously used as a rental).

One less thing on the fix-it list and this round of renovations is finally just about done...
Until the next round starts up, of course.

I've heard about that particular estimate. It was one isolated study put out by the Imperial College London early last year specifically stating is was what "could" happen if America did "nothing". Since we did do at least "something", we've only had around 600K, so only like 30%. Just imagine how much lower that might have been if we didn't have such a large contingent fighting against those interventions.

Glad to hear you got around to those fix-it projects. It was amazing how much many of them I delayed until it was time to sell the house, and then rush to complete them.

Like everything else, the pandemic had to become political as well. And, each side just has to dig in and can't consider any other alternative. I said right away that that 2.2 million was an overprojection, but got deemed the conspiracy nut.

"only"

The US averages 38,000/year automobile fatalities.
The US average fatalities due flu over the last 10 years is 36,000. The single worst year (2017-2018) had 61,000 deaths.

So... yeah. 600K is only 10 times worse than the worst flu year in the last 10 years.

USA "only" annually averages 1,000,000 deaths a year from abortion, 800,000 deaths from cardiovascular heart disease, and 500,000 deaths from cigarette smoking. Too bad those get lost in the daily news-scare-casts and can't possibly be prevented. :rolleyes

Just like the Energizer bunny - we enjoy pink, banging, and begging to be put down.

Well our other house we were renting was put on the market yesterday. I'm sore and tired from this week. Between working all day and then working on the house, it was a very long week. Hoping it sells quickly. Have two looking at it today thus far so that's promising.

Your house will sell before mine. Didn't like renting? Not enough $? Too much hassle?

Got my run in, for some reason I decided to wait until mid-afternoon and the temperature peaked for the day.

Good times!

USA "only" annually averages 1,000,000 deaths a year from abortion, 800,000 deaths from cardiovascular heart disease, and 500,000 deaths from cigarette smoking. Too bad those get lost in the daily news-scare-casts and can't possibly be prevented. :rolleyes
Oddly enough, I haven't seen a vaccine yet for abortion, heart disease or cigarette smoking. Huh.

Bacon-Bourbon-Cigars-Mickey Bars!
that's an odd flavor combination but I could go for a bourbon flavored cigar

Yup, the school year is based on having poor and/or farm kids available to work the farm in the summer and rich families heading to summer home at the shore so they didn't want to send the kids off to the school.
exactly

despite their best efforts we keep hanging around

The 2 weeks of 30c
whats that in American numbers?

We are booked for a December trip. I was hoping we could go mask free, especially since vaccinated, but it doesn't look promising. We will still be there, unless WDW shuts down again.
When we booked our August trip I hoped we could go mask less. We are all vaccinated but hadn't anticipated how slow Florida would be to get the shot. Looks like we are gonna be masked up in the Florida summer >:(

his Olympics in a time zone that is 12 hours earlier than here is tougher. Up late, up early, lots of drinks. The type of drink depends on the time of day.
Yeah its about 14hr different for me makes watching live hard. but NBC does replays they pretend are live

Your house will sell before mine. Didn't like renting? Not enough $? Too much hassle?
It may or may not, but from what you've said, too bad there's not some recourse for a crappy realtor. Maybe call the agency/broker they work for?

Renting was okay, but I want to hit the market while it's on fire. The renters will not get their deposit back...carpet stains, dents in front door, refrigerator and dishwasher doors. Not sure what they were doing, but ridiculous. Also, one room.had to be repainted.

While.it was nice having someone else paying the mortgage, just rather sell and make a decent profit.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen a vaccine yet for abortion, heart disease or cigarette smoking. Huh.
Unfortunately, there's no cure for stupid. As an ex-smoker, I can xount myself in the stupid camp. Knew it was bad for me and did it anyway.

that's an odd flavor combination but I could go for a bourbon flavored cigar
I don't think bourbon could make it taste or smell good. Not sure mickey bars would either or dole whip. Well, I guess NOTHING could. Okay, maybe cover it in dole whip, throw it out and then get a new dole whip...that might

When we booked our August trip I hoped we could go mask less. We are all vaccinated but hadn't anticipated how slow Florida would be to get the shot. Looks like we are gonna be masked up in the Florida summer
First I've heard of Florida being slow getting the shot. Most everyone I know has gotten it. (Friends, family, church, co-workers) I think maybe 2 people I know that haven't, so well less than a percent)

Morning, Fellas! Heading in early again this week, so I'm going to have to keep it short. Had a good weekend. Took the family to the county fair on Saturday. We met up with some friends of ours and their son, which is mine and my DW's Godson. We all had a blast and were certainly tired after the long day. This was a short one day country fair, and I realized from this that I am in no way ready for a Disney World vacation. I spent most of yesterday chillin' and recuperating from Saturday. The DW and I both complained yesterday that we have to get into shape. So after complaining what do we do? Order pizza. Because that's what you do when you complain about getting into shape, right? Right? Well, fellas....cutting it there. Have a good day, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Gotta get better from here

Good way to look at it.

::yes:::wave2:

Watched Black Widow last night, it could be up in my top 3 Marvel films. 2 and a bit hours of Scarlett in tight black leather? I'm all in.

Looks like I'm going to have to watch it. I mean, I would have watched it anyways, but knowing Scarlett is in tight leather? Absolutely.

You can do some of my projects if you like, I have way too many floating around. Just rock up to one of the shops, text me and I'll send you a list.

I'm all set...thanks. :teeth:

Ugh, hanging out for car repairs are the worst. I need to get an oil change on the truck.

As to the realtor, the only challenge with cutting is ties is that I can't get another realtor in time for the house to sell/close by the end of August. We have a contingent contract on the new house to August 27. So, cut ties and pay a new realtor and current realtor commisions, wait 3 months and hope the new house is still available for purchase, or roll the dice and hope we get lucky.

Thankfully they didn't hang out at the dealership all day, but I have, and it's not fun.

Sucks on the realtor part. Hopefully something good will happen soon.

Great news!! (Sorry Norm)

Got a full price offer on the house yesterday. As long as they secure the loan, closing will be on Sep 2.

Excited, but also kinda grumbling(maybe more than kinda) about how many and how much people have their hands in your pocket when it comes to real estate. Not sure what it's like in other countries, but with commissions and closing costs, knock 8% off right away. :sad:

But will be nice to not have a 2nd mortgage.

Morning guys from a temperate mother country. London got caught in some flooding yesterday, so the ol Grand Cherokee came in handy. And these are on proper roads. Took me 2 hours to get 18 miles home from lunch.

Excited, but also kinda grumbling(maybe more than kinda) about how many and how much people have their hands in your pocket when it comes to real estate. Not sure what it's like in other countries, but with commissions and closing costs, knock 8% off right away. :sad:
Congrats! And don't worry, people picking your pocket is an international phenomenon. I think in the UK it would not be a million miles off 8%. Stick that on a above average London house price, and that's when you'll see a grown man cry.
The DW and I both complained yesterday that we have to get into shape. So after complaining what do we do? Order pizza. Because that's what you do when you complain about getting into shape, right?
Yeah, but it sure beats the heck outta salad. And I say that as one of the few rabbit food enjoyers on this particular forum.
but knowing Scarlett is in tight leather? Absolutely.
To be fair CCT, she could have turned up in a dustbin bag and I would have been a buyer.

Have a good one fellas.

Congrats! And don't worry, people picking your pocket is an international phenomenon. I think in the UK it would not be a million miles off 8%. Stick that on a above average London house price, and that's when you'll see a grown man cry.
Yeah, looking at what we're selling for and then seeing $30k gone just like that...I'm crying...at least on the inside. We'll still make $75k+, so $25k a year profit, but, still having 30k go poof stings. Of course after uncle gets done with it, more like 80k gone.

To be fair CCT, she could have turned up in a dustbin bag and I would have been a buyer.
Especially if it was one of those thinner, less opaque ones, huh? ;)

Especially if it was one of those thinner, less opaque ones, huh? ;)
It would indeed be one of the few times I would appreciate a poor quality bin bag from dollar tree, rather than the Costco ones we buy that I think could outlast a nuclear attack.

I think when I come to realise the importance of a sturdy bin bag was when I realised I was old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter