DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Long long long day glad it’s over. My grandpa passed away suddenly this afternoon. He was 90 and lived a long life. He treated me like a son as he had 3 daughters and I was the first grandchild and a boy. He will be missed. Now to plan a short notice trip to California.

praying for peace

I've gotten to the point where I refuse to go with my wife to Michael's or AC Moor stores.
A wise policy.

However... upon arrival at said craft fair, I bade farewell to DW and DD and... Ate a donut and a popsicle. Bought some bagels (ironic, considering your next comment that I quoted), cream puffs, and local honey.

Then sat in the car watching a show until they showed up.
My experience with these things is that someone eats a bagel somewhere, say NYC, and really enjoys it. Then someone else does, and also enjoys it. Word of mouth begins to spread. People start coming from all over and enjoying the bagels. They come up with ridiculous theories as to why they're so good (such as Brooklyn water). Eventually word of mouth explodes, resulting in ridiculous overhype and people coming from all over making bagel pilgrimages. Then the backlash starts, as people find out it wasn't worth traveling across the country to eat something that tastes like...a bagel. A decent one, to be sure, but it's still a bagel.
:lmao:
Thought I would share with you about to slice some bacon I smoked last night. Way better than $9 a pound at the store.
Dang!!

I was wondering what you thought of that. And I see the Spurs are making changes.
It's awful. It has no merit whatsoever. It's a power grab by the "Top 6" (who currently stand 1,2 er, 5, 7 and 9) to create an effective closed shop, and make the domestic leagues irrelevant. It is the absolute antithesis of what football was based on. Who are Spurs or Arsenal to declare themselves a European Elite club? Neither of them have won the European cup or the Champions League, or even the Domestic league for 60 years and 10? years respectively. Arsenal haven't even been in it for 4 years. Its the franchising of the EPL and the Spanish top 2, pure and simple, by owners who couldn't give a tinkers cuss about the rest of the game, and are used to the MLS/MLB/NFL set up of you never exit the league because you're not good enough. Any fan who backs this from our country should hang their head in shame, and all of those clubs should be docked points or suspended for forming the letter of intent.

Apart from that mate, I'm kinda on the fence about it.

Last edited:
Bagels, Bagels, Bagels! OMG 😳

You know guys, there are other breakfast breads, every bit as good as bagels.
Take the biscuit, a perfect biscuit is light and fluffy to help soak up butter or... gravy!

Last edited:

I may just pour the bourbon and the majority of the rest of the liquor cabinet down the drain. Even the rum.
Sorry for your loss.

Well, before you dump it all out, I may know someone in TX (depending on where) who might very well drive there and take it off your hands and give you some cash for your trouble.

Made it to Sunday. My dad is still going. My mom doesn't want to overmedicate him because he will get addicted. I gave him his first doses of morphine and haldol today. He's resting a lot better now.
Still praying Norm. My dad was kinda like this years ago before he died and although I didn't want him passed out all the time, I also didn't want him suffering. With the prognosis you mentioned, I (just my personal opinion) don't think an addiction is that big if a concern.

Take the biscuit, a permit biscuit is light and fluffy to help soak up butter or... gravy!

Can't go wrong with a biscuit. I was always an English muffin fan, myself.

Afternoon, Gents! Didn't read all the posts, but I hope everyone is doing well. We have a beautiful day today here in the land of Cape Cod, and with it being a local holiday, and a day off, been spending it outside with the DD and dog. Just wanted to pop on and say hey, and well....that's it.

TTFN

Long long long day glad it’s over. My grandpa passed away suddenly this afternoon. He was 90 and lived a long life. He treated me like a son as he had 3 daughters and I was the first grandchild and a boy. He will be missed. Now to plan a short notice trip to California.

My deepest condolences, JC.

Take the biscuit, a perfect biscuit is light and fluffy to help soak up butter or... gravy!

View attachment 569271
I've never had good biscuits and gravy. I made some once, but... have no idea if what I made was good or not, having nothing to compare it to.
Well... other than some at a free breakfast hotel. And that was awful.
Having said that... I can't compare a bagel to a biscuit.
Next time y'all are in town, I'll have to make some of my home made biscuits and gravy for ya. Mmmm.
Meh. I was in town and I never got a biscuit.
I see who your real friends are. :snooty:

It's awful. It has no merit whatsoever. It's a power grab by the "Top 6" (who currently stand 1,2 er, 5, 7 and 9) to create an effective closed shop, and make the domestic leagues irrelevant. It is the absolute antithesis of what football was based on. Who are Spurs or Arsenal to declare themselves a European Elite club? Neither of them have won the European cup or the Champions League, or even the Domestic league for 60 years and 10? years respectively. Arsenal haven't even been in it for 4 years. Its the franchising of the EPL and the Spanish top 2, pure and simple, by owners who couldn't give a tinkers cuss about the rest of the game, and are used to the MLS/MLB/NFL set up of you never exit the league because you're not good enough. Any fan who backs this from our country should hang their head in shame, and all of those clubs should be docked points or suspended for forming the letter of intent.

Accept Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I seem to recall offering breakfast, including biscuits to you and you turned me down. I see who your real friends are.

I *think* I made some for Rob when he was here, but then again, we were running to a park every morning, so maybe not.

I seem to recall offering breakfast, including biscuits to you and you turned me down. I see who your real friends are.

I *think* I made some for Rob when he was here, but then again, we were running to a park every morning, so maybe not.

If it included the "gravy" in that post no wonder he turned it down. ;)

Well, not all gravy goes on fries and cheese curds.

Fot that matter, not all gravy is smooth. Case in point giblet gravy at thanskgiving. Personally, I don't like giblets, but I know many who do.

It is sausage gravy and is very yummy.

But, on the other hand, it's a Southern thing...you yankees wouldn't understand. :lmao:

On a totally different note (and yes, I'm up past my bed time)...

The job I thought I was going to get fell through. They wanted me to get a cert...I did. 2 days later they pulled the plug. Not quite sure what the rational was.

I was pissed. I was planning on turning in my notice and couldn't.

Fast forward to today. Going back to work for same company I worked for(and.liked) when I first moved here. More in line with what I enjoy and a healthy raise to boot. So, got written offer tonight and turning in notice Friday.

When HE closes one door, HE opens another.

Another long day. Work followed by HS tennis match in the next county over. These 14 hours days are getting to me. At least my oldest won tonight, which secured top 4 seeding in the regional tournament.

It's certainly keeping me distracted from life. And, it's a reverse country music song and my wife came back (from the conference) and one check engine light was under part warranty and didn't cost anything.

Prayers for your grandpa and your family.

Afternoon chaps, from a sunny London. Almost every English football fan is spitting tacks today over a new proposed European Super League, that would look similar to the MLS. It's gone absolutely ballistic. Interesting times.

I really prefer the english soccer format to the playoff MLS structure. But, I guess it's you Brittons that want to try & emulate us.

A wise policy.

However... upon arrival at said craft fair, I bade farewell to DW and DD and... Ate a donut and a popsicle. Bought some bagels (ironic, considering your next comment that I quoted), cream puffs, and local honey.

Then sat in the car watching a show until they showed up.

:lmao:

Dang!!

Is that like a mic drop moment, or perhaps, bagel drop?

Tell us what you really think. :lmao:

View attachment 569271

Yum!!!

Sorry for your loss.

Well, before you dump it all out, I may know someone in TX (depending on where) who might very well drive there and take it off your hands and give you some cash for your trouble.

Still praying Norm. My dad was kinda like this years ago before he died and although I didn't want him passed out all the time, I also didn't want him suffering. With the prognosis you mentioned, I (just my personal opinion) don't think an addiction is that big if a concern.

Thanks. No chance on addiction. I worked a PRN year at Hospice. And, if he was addicted, who really cares. Kinda like giving the low salt diet to the 103 year old person. What's the point?

I've never had good biscuits and gravy. I made some once, but... have no idea if what I made was good or not, having nothing to compare it to.
Well... other than some at a free breakfast hotel. And that was awful.
Having said that... I can't compare a bagel to a biscuit.

My favorite chain restaurant breakfast is from Cracker Barrel, with the chicken fried chicken, with the same gravy as the biscuits n gravy. Yum!!!

On a totally different note (and yes, I'm up past my bed time)...

The job I thought I was going to get fell through. They wanted me to get a cert...I did. 2 days later they pulled the plug. Not quite sure what the rational was.

I was pissed. I was planning on turning in my notice and couldn't.

Fast forward to today. Going back to work for same company I worked for(and.liked) when I first moved here. More in line with what I enjoy and a healthy raise to boot. So, got written offer tonight and turning in notice Friday.

Congrats on the new new gig. Sometimes, our plans just don't work the way we think they should.

I have no recollection of said offer.
But you are a good cuddler.
:laughing:
Well, not all gravy goes on fries and cheese curds.
BLASPHEMER!!!!!
But, on the other hand, it's a Southern thing...you yankees wouldn't understand. :lmao:
:laughing:
Well... what the heck!?!??

Nice! Glad that worked out for you. :)
Is that like a mic drop moment, or perhaps, bagel drop?
::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter