DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

GM, men! Happy Friday. I have a vac day today. DW and I are supposed to be cleaning. Clearly I'm not doing that right now.:)
Tonight is a family meeting to talk about our trip. We're at the 180-day mark on Monday! ADRs MUST be planned!

Top O the Morning Dads and a very happy Friday and wishing all a nice weekend. Not much this week other than another nutty work week, settled on DDs wedding ceremony & reception event facility (all one place) and made first of 4 payments as deposit :eek::faint::headache:(let the drama begin), DS got the digital Star Wars films purchased and downloaded this morning and I am luckily down to 90 days until we leave for cruise :cool2:
Yes and no. I have sent my resume out to two companies who asked for them, one sounded good, the other was a maybe. What I am doing is getting some medical work done. Colonoscopy, hernia repair, bunion removed and have my knee looked at to see if it needs to be replaced. Let the good times roll!
That's a lot at once there, hope all goes well.
Trip to the vacation :headache: house didn't go terribly well. It was nice seeing my folks and all as well, but Dad is losing the ability to filter what he says and let a few opinions fly that were not appreciated by SWMBO. Tension was thick to say the least. SWMBO also ended up in thee emergency room.. I though she had a blood clot in her leg but turns out she just tore a tendon or ligament. Good news there as I don't want to be a single parent and have no intention of ever trying to break in a new wife. I did get my boy's room painted. It had been eight years and the firetruck wallpaper was no longer appropriate. This should last him until he is out of the house.

Just over a month till we head to the World. :car:
Sorry about the family challenges and like you listed, only about a month until DaWorld
I've thought of that. Then I think, why not 8 days at WDW? I want to go on the cruise, but I want to stay at WDW.
Since you like to spend time at the resorts, just think of the cruise as a floating resort just with a ton more to do. Only downside is can't break up the park days.
Evening guys,

made itr as far as Rocky Mount NC today. The driving was pretty good except one construction delay that took about 2 hours to clear. Ironically it was pretty close to being in the same place we took 2 hours to clear an accident two years ago on this drive.
Safe travels

Morning all...

Haven't seen that one is awhile, but i enjoyed the Emperor's New Groove. That one never really did manifest itself at the Disney parks, did it? I have yet to do any cruise. They do sound fun, but it's hard to get past WDW. When I already enjoy my current vacation spot so much, it's difficult to consider going elsewhere. Even when I consider a cruise, I think abut adding days at WDW.

Yzma and Kronk are hard to beat for comedic Villainy.

As one who makes such excellent use of DVC, I can see your point very clearly. DCL outings aren't a good use of DVC points either, to be sure. Worse yet cruises can be addictive for the right personality and addictions are expensive (especially that one).

Forgot you had a cruise coming up. Completely agree on the spoiled rotten, they do do that don;t they. Some of our first cruises were when they did land / sea packages with 3 days parks and 4 on the ship which helped us get to 9. We would do parks first and then DW would get some down time on the ships to end vacation when the kids were younger.

We did one of Disney's land/sea packages a long while back. Learned that we needed to cruse more often and that longer was better (my, but they are addictive). We've been able to add a couple of days at D'World onto our other DCL outings, but I don't know that I can do that this time around.

Thanks!

We are doing the 7 day Eastern trip. Everyone is pumped.

My little guy has a ton of allergies and Disney is great. I hope the cruise will be the same. We already let them know about it.

Yep, that's the trip we're taking this time. I'll post up anything interesting I learn (and probally start a TR). On the allergies, just let your servers know about everything at dinner the first night. Since that team will be looking after you the entire time, they will remember the details and go out of their way to be your advocate.

Yes and no. I have sent my resume out to two companies who asked for them, one sounded good, the other was a maybe. What I am doing is getting some medical work done. Colonoscopy, hernia repair, bunion removed and have my knee looked at to see if it needs to be replaced. Let the good times roll!

Yikes!
That a lot of potential misery, but best to get it all done at once if possible.

Sad day today, leaving tomorrow morning. We really enjoyed the stay here but the time went too quickly. Promise some pictures when I get back.

Hate you couldn't stay longer.
Looking forward to seeing some pics and hearing a story or two.

Trip to the vacation :headache: house didn't go terribly well. It was nice seeing my folks and all as well, but Dad is losing the ability to filter what he says and let a few opinions fly that were not appreciated by SWMBO. Tension was thick to say the least. SWMBO also ended up in thee emergency room.. I though she had a blood clot in her leg but turns out she just tore a tendon or ligament. Good news there as I don't want to be a single parent and have no intention of ever trying to break in a new wife. I did get my boy's room painted. It had been eight years and the firetruck wallpaper was no longer appropriate. This should last him until he is out of the house.

Just over a month till we head to the World. :car:

Sounds like trying times.
May all the healing (physical and emotional) go quickly.
The trip to Dis should help considerable toward that end.

Evening guys,

made itr as far as Rocky Mount NC today. The driving was pretty good except one construction delay that took about 2 hours to clear. Ironically it was pretty close to being in the same place we took 2 hours to clear an accident two years ago on this drive.

That's a pretty good haul considering the 2-hour time loss.
Stay safe on the rest of the drive.

Hope you continue to have safe travels and hope Rocky Mount has improved in the last 17 years. We had cotton research plots at the Upper Coastal Plain Research Station when I was at NCSU. About all it had nearby was a place with good fried bologna.

Ahhh, but good fried bologna will compensate for a good many ills.

Since it looks like David is off herding cats or something, let me say;

Good Morning!

Well, both jobs need doin'
And I do believe that y'all are just the guys to get them done.

It not little known, but returning from vacation at Disneyland and having to work sucks.

Works the same way for a Disney World vacation. Probably all vacations.

Worse yet cruises can be addictive for the right personality and addictions are expensive (especially that one).

Hi, My name is Mike. I'm a DCL addict and it has been 22 months since my last cruise.

::yes::

It not little known, but returning from vacation at Disneyland and having to work sucks.

Right on both counts.

Top O the Morning Dads and a very happy Friday and wishing all a nice weekend. Not much this week other than another nutty work week, settled on DDs wedding ceremony & reception event facility (all one place) and made first of 4 payments as deposit :eek::faint::headache:(let the drama begin), DS got the digital Star Wars films purchased and downloaded this morning and I am luckily down to 90 days until we leave for cruise :cool2:

Since you like to spend time at the resorts, just think of the cruise as a floating resort just with a ton more to do. Only downside is can't break up the park days.

A floating resort with a ton more to do? I'm sure it's got a lot to do, but not four days of theme parks. I haven't even gotten thru all the stuff at WDW yet.

I like the idea of wedding/ reception in same place. Is it the WDW Wedding Pavillion/ GF?

There is no such thing as good fried bologna.

Hope you continue to have safe travels and hope Rocky Mount has improved in the last 17 years. We had cotton research plots at the Upper Coastal Plain Research Station when I was at NCSU. About all it had nearby was a place with good fried bologna.

We didn't see much but it looked ok. There were 3 hotels on the edge of town with a local steak house and an Outback.

Safe travels

Thank you Sir,

That's a pretty good haul considering the 2-hour time loss.
Stay safe on the rest of the drive.

That was the only real delay along the way and the traffic moved pretty good otherwise. We did another 650 miles today, took the western route to the 81 and 84; stopped in Southington, CT.

Good Morning! Doing the walk for MDA this morning and might head down to Washington DC to see the cherry blossoms. Have a great day guys.

That sounds cool, I always wanted to see the cherry blossoms. I unfortunately am leaving for Miami this morning. Had to drag the kid away kicking and screaming from the resort yesterday. Currently watching the sun rise over the Atlantic from my room. This was a great trip with good friends, so life does not suck at the moment.

That sounds cool, I always wanted to see the cherry blossoms. I unfortunately am leaving for Miami this morning. Had to drag the kid away kicking and screaming from the resort yesterday. Currently watching the sun rise over the Atlantic from my room. This was a great trip with good friends, so life does not suck at the moment.

This is a good day to see them, the sun is shinning. Looked like you had another great trip Cj, hopefully you will post more pictures somewhere. So, seeing as Crash is legal, did she get falling down drunk?

Awesome!!

Question for the cruising dads. We are on the Fantasy Eastern trip in August. We were assigned the late dining slot - 8:15pm. That is not a big deal for our family, but I've read a lot of people suggesting to get that changed to the earlier slot. Why? Like I said, my family usually eats late anyway, especially on vacation, so is there some other reason I'm missing?

Last edited:
Morning, picked one kid up from her Sparks sleepover, DW is dropping off the other to Fort York for hers. I get to do laundry and work. :rotfl2:

Awesome.
Remember pics or it didn't happen.

Didn't make it to DC today, Jodi's a little under the weather. But we make the walk.

tumblr_nmnnrk2Dj41s1be9uo1_1280.jpg

This is a good day to see them, the sun is shinning. Looked like you had another great trip Cj, hopefully you will post more pictures somewhere. So, seeing as Crash is legal, did she get falling down drunk?

A good friend of mine lives in DC and to him, the cherry blossoms are the first sign of spring. It was a great trip and pictures will follow. As to your question, there was one adult in the party but unfortunately it was not the Brit and myself. We all made it home safely although Miami International continues to be the worst airport in the world.

Evening guys. Gonna be interesting around here as my Blackhawks will be facing Nashville in the first round of the playoffs - I have the Hawk flag hanging outside already. Enjoy the families this weekend guys.
I like the idea of wedding/ reception in same place. Is it the WDW Wedding Pavillion/ GF?

Not the GF Pavillion - these things cost enough the way it is. It's local

Also - even as a northerner, got to disagree about the fried bologna
Good Morning! Doing the walk for MDA this morning and might head down to Washington DC to see the cherry blossoms. Have a great day guys.
Sounds great - hope you had fun and sorry to hear you could not make it to DC.
Sounds like a great trip and looking forward to some pics.
Question for the cruising dads. We are on the Fantasy Eastern trip in August. We were assigned the late dining slot - 8:15pm. That is not a big deal for our family, but I've read a lot of people suggesting to get that changed to the earlier slot. Why? Like I said, my family usually eats late anyway, especially on vacation, so is there some other reason I'm missing?
We have always done second seating for dinner. We like that it gives you more time to get cleaned up for dinner. With the second dinner you will see the shows before dinner and we like that as well. Get a cocktail go to the show and then dinner. With the early seating you end up having to start getting back to the room for showers around 3:00 /3:30 especially with a mom and daughter. We would rather have more sun time and not have to rush back to the ship whil in port.

Norm, I'm sorry, but we will have to agree to disagree.

I'm gonna have to call you wrong on that one.

Also - even as a northerner, got to disagree about the fried bologna

Well, I hate to argue here, but I'm right. I do like a bologna sandwich on a rare occasion, but never fried bologna. First, have you ever personally fried bologna? That just may be the worst smell ever. Next, what is the name of your favorite restaurant or bar? Does it serve fried bologna?

More importantly, make a list of the top 10 food you would order in that or any other restaurant and be specific. Fried bologna ain't on that list. But, if you want to further test this, add a step. Don't just list steak, but go with your preference - filet, NY strip, sirloin, prime rib, etc. Same thing with seafood - lobster, crab, shrimp, scallop, turbot, Mahi, salmon, catfish, etc. Make that list for sandwiches - cheesesteak, lobster roll, Italian, rueben, po boy, roast beef au jus, Cuban, pulled pork, hot brown, club, chicken, etc. I can't even get fried bologna on my top 10 sandwich list.

I may accept the caveat that if one is drunk enough, and i really mean drunk enough, then fried bologna may appear to taste good. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter