DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Home from tennis tonite. Played well. I have really been in a groove these fast few weeks. I hope I don't wake up a llama tomorrow. Icing down my knee and foot and posting.

I'm back, again, hopefully I will be able to stick around this time. Darn work keeps getting in the way.

Hey Cliff. Any little known facts for us?

Thanks! We finally have vacation planned at Wilderness Lodge for 3 1/2 days followed by one week cruise on Fantasy. Can't wait.

First time for us on the Disney Cruise and first time for kids ever on a cruise.

Chris, see if you can make sure your cruise is during our fantasy week matchup. Then, let me control your team and I'll be sure to trade all your good players to me and set your daily lineup. :lmao:

Morning, men. I know it's only Thursday, but it's virtual Friday for me since I took a vacation day tomorrow. Just.Need.To.Get.Through.Today.

Morning, men. I know it's only Thursday, but it's virtual Friday for me since I took a vacation day tomorrow. Just.Need.To.Get.Through.Today.

I love a Saturday on Friday too! Thanks for the idea, think I will do that to. What the heck, I'll do it today to!

'Morning all...

Afternoon All.

Spending the last day in sunny Florida relaxing. It's time for a beer and the pool.

Long drive home starts in the morning.

Too bad your have to head back so soon.
Careful on the drive, stop a few times along the way and watch out for the fools that think they know what they're doing.

I'm back, again, hopefully I will be able to stick around this time. Darn work keeps getting in the way.

I hate it when work does that. Dang inconsiderate.
Good to hear from you and may that continue.

Thanks! We finally have vacation planned at Wilderness Lodge for 3 1/2 days followed by one week cruise on Fantasy. Can't wait.

First time for us on the Disney Cruise and first time for kids ever on a cruise.

And it's good to hear from you as well.
Sounds like a great trip. You headed east or west on the Fantasy?
We're taking her out on an Eastern itinerary in mid May. Looking forward to that is a big way.

Welcome back! Looks like we are on the Fantasy a couple of weeks before you. This will be our 9th on DCL and 3rd on the Fantasy so if you have any questions be more than happy to help.

9th...
I would love to be able to say that.
This will be our 4th (on DCL at least), and first aboard the youngest sister.
Lookin' forward to being spoiled completely rotten.

Home from tennis tonite. Played well. I have really been in a groove these fast few weeks. I hope I don't wake up a llama tomorrow. Icing down my knee and foot and posting.

That's more work than did last night, to be sure. May you get your groove back.
Nice older Dis reference there. One of the under appreciated of the modern films.

I just want you to know that we're all counting on you.
Enjoy the extra Saturday.

I love a Saturday on Friday too! Thanks for the idea, think I will do that to. What the heck, I'll do it today to!

Everyday is your Saturday... for now.
I think you need to go back to Disney myself.
See if you can't parlay your experience as Chief Bacon Officer and Penguin Master into some type of high-level position at WDW.

Morning all. Slow going in here. I guess everyone else is Spring Break vacationing or moved to FB or the pub. I've noticed there hasn't been as much posting on the Boardwalk and other threads I'm on as well. Anyway, it is day 4 of Spring Break. DW scheduled haircuts for the dds today. I guess since she didn't get vacation time this week, she didn't want me to go anywhere or have fun with them.

Everyday is Saturday, right? Have you started the job hunt yet?

That's more work than did last night, to be sure. May you get your groove back.
Nice older Dis reference there. One of the under appreciated of the modern films.

Everyday is your Saturday... for now.
I think you need to go back to Disney myself.
See if you can't parlay your experience as Chief Bacon Officer and Penguin Master into some type of high-level position at WDW.

Haven't seen that one is awhile, but i enjoyed the Emperor's New Groove. That one never really did manifest itself at the Disney parks, did it? I have yet to do any cruise. They do sound fun, but it's hard to get past WDW. When I already enjoy my current vacation spot so much, it's difficult to consider going elsewhere. Even when I consider a cruise, I think abut adding days at WDW.

Chris, see if you can make sure your cruise is during our fantasy week matchup. Then, let me control your team and I'll be sure to trade all your good players to me and set your daily lineup. :lmao:

Deal! LOL.

Happy Friday Eve guys!

Looks like happy Friday to the two of you :thumbsup2

Randall, great to see the positive spirit and how you are handling things
9th...
I would love to be able to say that.
Lookin' forward to being spoiled completely rotten.
Forgot you had a cruise coming up. Completely agree on the spoiled rotten, they do do that don;t they. Some of our first cruises were when they did land / sea packages with 3 days parks and 4 on the ship which helped us get to 9. We would do parks first and then DW would get some down time on the ships to end vacation when the kids were younger.
Haven't seen that one is awhile, but i enjoyed the Emperor's New Groove. That one never really did manifest itself at the Disney parks, did it? I have yet to do any cruise. They do sound fun, but it's hard to get past WDW. When I already enjoy my current vacation spot so much, it's difficult to consider going elsewhere. Even when I consider a cruise, I think abut adding days at WDW.
Emperor's New Groove is one of DS's favorites along with Hercules. For future cruise consideration, consider planning out your own land / sea vacation with like 4 days each.

And it's good to hear from you as well.
Sounds like a great trip. You headed east or west on the Fantasy?
We're taking her out on an Eastern itinerary in mid May. Looking forward to that is a big way.

Thanks!

We are doing the 7 day Eastern trip. Everyone is pumped.

My little guy has a ton of allergies and Disney is great. I hope the cruise will be the same. We already let them know about it.

We basically had a 2-week window for summer vacation this year. My daughter is a competitive figure skater and her team has practices/boot camps during the summer except for this time period, so it worked out perfectly.

Now I just have to win a few more Fantasy leagues to pay for it...

Have you started the job hunt yet?

Yes and no. I have sent my resume out to two companies who asked for them, one sounded good, the other was a maybe. What I am doing is getting some medical work done. Colonoscopy, hernia repair, bunion removed and have my knee looked at to see if it needs to be replaced. Let the good times roll!

Randall, great to see the positive spirit and how you are handling things

Thank you, I feel everything will work out fine, I don't know how, but it will.

Yes and no. I have sent my resume out to two companies who asked for them, one sounded good, the other was a maybe.

Good luck. I hope your luck is better than mine when it comes to interviews.

Colonoscopy, hernia repair, bunion removed and have my knee looked at to see if it needs to be replaced. Let the good times roll!

Uh oh. This "luck" thing seems to be off to a bad start.

Sad day today, leaving tomorrow morning. We really enjoyed the stay here but the time went too quickly. Promise some pictures when I get back.
We'll hold you to it.

And sorry about your yard. The campers left some ruts, but the grass will grow back eventually.

We basically had a 2-week window for summer vacation this year. My daughter is a competitive figure skater and her team has practices/boot camps during the summer except for this time period, so it worked out perfectly.
For some reason, all of the summer camps that the kids go to end by the middle of August, and school never starts until after Labor Day. So we tend to take vacation at the end of August, taking advantage of the fact that many kids are already back in school.

Yes and no. I have sent my resume out to two companies who asked for them, one sounded good, the other was a maybe. What I am doing is getting some medical work done. Colonoscopy, hernia repair, bunion removed and have my knee looked at to see if it needs to be replaced. Let the good times roll!
Thank you, I feel everything will work out fine, I don't know how, but it will.
I told Jodi a Ohana that you need to start practicing your "Welcome to Walmart!" She thought it was a fantastic idea.

Sad day today, leaving tomorrow morning. We really enjoyed the stay here but the time went too quickly. Promise some pictures when I get back.
Looks like you've been having a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Lots of rain and thunderstorms here today. But the weather is beautiful at Augusta National, so I'm live streaming that and pretending I'm there.

For some reason, all of the summer camps that the kids go to end by the middle of August, and school never starts until after Labor Day. So we tend to take vacation at the end of August, taking advantage of the fact that many kids are already back in school.

That's what we've done our last few trips - last week or two of August are great. Unfortunately, her coaches don't consult with me before planning their schedules. :rolleyes:

All caught up but the multi-quoting got the better of me so I will say congrats to those deserving, prayers where needed, and Dole Whips for all (with CJ's credit card number of course).

Trip to the vacation :headache: house didn't go terribly well. It was nice seeing my folks and all as well, but Dad is losing the ability to filter what he says and let a few opinions fly that were not appreciated by SWMBO. Tension was thick to say the least. SWMBO also ended up in thee emergency room.. I though she had a blood clot in her leg but turns out she just tore a tendon or ligament. Good news there as I don't want to be a single parent and have no intention of ever trying to break in a new wife. I did get my boy's room painted. It had been eight years and the firetruck wallpaper was no longer appropriate. This should last him until he is out of the house.

Just over a month till we head to the World. :car:

For future cruise consideration, consider planning out your own land / sea vacation with like 4 days each.

I've thought of that. Then I think, why not 8 days at WDW? I want to go on the cruise, but I want to stay at WDW.

We've run into that thing with sport seasons as well. Our school year is August to May, but extends to June to make up the snow days. We have Fall, Spring, and Christmas break, which also coincide with Peak season for Disney crowds and some tournaments. So, for the next decade, it's either summer or Christmas.

I think I would rather go back to work than have all that work done. Anyway, prayers for safe and quick recovery on the medical procedures.

I told Jodi a Ohana that you need to start practicing your "Welcome to Walmart!" She thought it was a fantastic idea.

That's my plan. DW can work and I can stay home and guard the bourbon. :lmao:

Trip to the vacation :headache: house didn't go terribly well. It was nice seeing my folks and all as well, but Dad is losing the ability to filter what he says and let a few opinions fly that were not appreciated by SWMBO. Tension was thick to say the least. SWMBO also ended up in thee emergency room.. I though she had a blood clot in her leg but turns out she just tore a tendon or ligament. Good news there as I don't want to be a single parent and have no intention of ever trying to break in a new wife. I did get my boy's room painted. It had been eight years and the firetruck wallpaper was no longer appropriate. This should last him until he is out of the house.

Sorry to hear about the vacation. I think both DW and I have just become accustomed to ignoring both our own parents' opinions as well as the in laws. I don't plan to be a single parent either. I threaten to divorce DW and give her custody of the children. She doesn't want them either. :crazy2:

Evening guys,

made itr as far as Rocky Mount NC today. The driving was pretty good except one construction delay that took about 2 hours to clear. Ironically it was pretty close to being in the same place we took 2 hours to clear an accident two years ago on this drive.

...DW can work and I can stay home and guard the bourbon. :lmao:
I don't have any bourbon to guard, but I still like the plan.

Evening guys,

made itr as far as Rocky Mount NC today. The driving was pretty good except one construction delay that took about 2 hours to clear. Ironically it was pretty close to being in the same place we took 2 hours to clear an accident two years ago on this drive.

Hope you continue to have safe travels and hope Rocky Mount has improved in the last 17 years. We had cotton research plots at the Upper Coastal Plain Research Station when I was at NCSU. About all it had nearby was a place with good fried bologna.

Good afternoon gentlemen.

Yesterday we met a surgeon about Stretch's ear. We finally have some answers. The surgery is delicate and complicated. Which explains why the previous two surgeons were hesitant to try. We found our surgeon and now the question is where we go from here. Stretch wants to go through reconstruction. The only question is which method we use to reconstruct the ear. We'll be going to a conference in August and hope to decide on a method and plastic surgeon then.
Sounds like a promising prognosis. Keeping you guys in my prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter