DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Good news. Spent two days at the MIL one year when the power went out. I have enough emergency heaters to melt the arctic now.

It's never a good thing to be at the in-laws that long. We had a blizzard not long after my DD was born that knocked power out for 4 days. 4 days we spent at the in-laws. I vowed after that to get a generator.

Great! Welcome back to civilisation… as it were.

Thanks

Well I'll be damned....you guys are still over here and hanging out! Oh how I long for the good old days of post counts and heckling, while trying to match real names to handles!
I'd have to look at page 1 to see who you are, but welcome back. We're here

Brett. He's the ugly one with no hair. :lmao:

Brett and Jar Jar TOTWL.jpg

So, the one in the middle. Got it.
:rotfl2:

Well I'll be damned....you guys are still over here and hanging out! Oh how I long for the good old days of post counts and heckling, while trying to match real names to handles!

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB brettcw23! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #722!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Morning all.

Canada is waking up to a minority government today, not our first and not our last. There will be a lot of posturing for a while but there is only one party that can afford to go back to the polls right now so I'm guessing this will last for a bit.

I'm headed to Ottawa tomorrow for a couple of days. I've never been there so close to an election so it should be interesting.

Have a great Taco Tuesday all.

The disdads on groupme already know, because I posted this there, but I'm a happy camper...back on a bike again after several years of drought. I had one, but the kids were always arguing over who got to ride with dad and DW never got to go because she had to drive and take the other kids. When I stopped working down town, I hardly rode it and ended up selling to my brother.

For those that might care, it's a 2002 Honda Goldwing with 76K miles on it. For anyone who knows about wings, they can (and often do) go 200-400K. 76K is just barely broken in. ;) And if you ride as much as pkondz drives, it's practically off the manufacturing floor. :lmao:

goldwing1.jpg

Morning all.

Canada is waking up to a minority government today, not our first and not our last. There will be a lot of posturing for a while but there is only one party that can afford to go back to the polls right now so I'm guessing this will last for a bit.

I'm headed to Ottawa tomorrow for a couple of days. I've never been there so close to an election so it should be interesting.

Have a great Taco Tuesday all.
I'm not sure if I should say congratulations or condolences. From what you were saying, neither candidate was a fantastic choice (not that we know anything about that), so thumbs up or thumbs down or thumbs sideways...dunno.

I'm not sure if I should say congratulations or condolences. From what you were saying, neither candidate was a fantastic choice (not that we know anything about that), so thumbs up or thumbs down or thumbs sideways...dunno.

We have a multi-party system so there were many parties running but mainly 5 that fielded candidates across the country. The Prime Minister will need help from at least one other party to win any vote that is considered a vote of confidence. If the ruling party loses a vote of confidence it typically means we headed back to the polls.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Got our tickets for Star Wars TROS last night 4 days in a row of viewing pleasure with DS. Trailer looked pretty epic to me. Work is killing me but hey if it was easy.......... Have good Tuesday, or whatever we are calling it - cheers!
I think in the last Presidential election some people wrote my name in...
Who told on me?
Good news. Spent two days at the MIL one year when the power went out. I have enough emergency heaters to melt the arctic now.
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
:wave: Brett. He's the ugly one with no hair. :lmao:

View attachment 446351
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think we're tired of voting right now. The party that forces an early election (at least right now) will be a big loser at the polls. I think so, anyway.
Huh! That should be interesting.
And if you ride as much as pkondz drives, it's practically off the manufacturing floor. :lmao:
:rolleyes1
but congrats (again) on the purchase.

Played pickleball tonight. Started on Court #3 & made it to Court #1. Definitely playing and moving better minus the extra weight, and Keto is giving me lots of energy.

Nationals are up in World Series. Poor Bryce Harper only has $300 million to console himself from missing it.

Well...
You can screw someone over... once.
Then no one will ever trade or cover with/for you again and you're screwed.
So... helping out a buddy is really a nice thing to do and future planning for yourself.

I covered for others. But, I usually did it for the $.

You’re going to have to narrow that down a bit :p

It can't be me. I'm the pretty one.

So, the one in the middle. Got it.
:rotfl2:

Yes, the pretty one in the middle.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB brettcw23! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #722!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Brett won't drive back by to see this, but I think it's funny. :lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

The disdads on groupme already know, because I posted this there, but I'm a happy camper...back on a bike again after several years of drought. I had one, but the kids were always arguing over who got to ride with dad and DW never got to go because she had to drive and take the other kids. When I stopped working down town, I hardly rode it and ended up selling to my brother.

For those that might care, it's a 2002 Honda Goldwing with 76K miles on it. For anyone who knows about wings, they can (and often do) go 200-400K. 76K is just barely broken in. ;) And if you ride as much as pkondz drives, it's practically off the manufacturing floor. :lmao:

View attachment 446402

And I thought you meant the ribs were feeling good enough to ride a bicycle.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Got our tickets for Star Wars TROS last night 4 days in a row of viewing pleasure with DS. Trailer looked pretty epic to me. Work is killing me but hey if it was easy.......... Have good Tuesday, or whatever we are calling it - cheers!

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not going back to the theater for another Star Wars movie until they make a good one. The Force Awakens was just a remake of New Hope with a big planet death star. The Last Jedi was just beyond horrific.

Mornin' dads! Hope all is well. It's another rainy Cape Cod morning, which won't last much longer if you believe the weathermen. Well, I'm almost done with inventory, and I can't wait to be done. I'm so tired of counting. "....87, 88, 89, 93....Oh, man! I have to start over!" hahahaha

Morning gents.
I hate mornings, gents.

Definitely playing and moving better minus the extra weight, and Keto is giving me lots of energy.
Ah! Good! Last time I heard you mention Keto, you'd said your energy was lacking. Glad to hear that turned around.

Yes, the pretty one in the middle.
Wait! You said the UGLY one with no hair. Then you try to say the pretty one. Someone is confused.
Too much Bourbon?

Brett won't drive back by to see this, but I think it's funny. :lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:
::yes::
I thought it was hilarious.

And I thought you meant the ribs were feeling good enough to ride a bicycle.
Now why would I want something I have to pedal when I can have 1800 ccs doing the work????

Well, I'm almost done with inventory, and I can't wait to be done. I'm so tired of counting. "....87, 88, 89, 93....Oh, man! I have to start over!" hahahaha
Well, stop playing 99 bottles of beer on the wall and maybe you'd be able to keep track better.

Morning gents.
I hate mornings, gents.
::yes::
Truth

But with your shifts, I think you also hate afternoons.

No wonder Jeff was talking about having to vote for morons.
What he said!

Mornin' dads! Hope all is well. It's another rainy Cape Cod morning, which won't last much longer if you believe the weathermen. Well, I'm almost done with inventory, and I can't wait to be done. I'm so tired of counting. "....87, 88, 89, 93....Oh, man! I have to start over!" hahahaha

Other than equipment inventory, I haven't had to do one of those in 25 years. But, who's counting.

Ah! Good! Last time I heard you mention Keto, you'd said your energy was lacking. Glad to hear that turned around.

Yes, I feel great. Apparently, Keto changes the body to burn fat instead of glucose for energy. I have a lot of fat. I moved furniture in the house and only needed a break for pain in my knee.

Wait! You said the UGLY one with no hair. Then you try to say the pretty one. Someone is confused.
Too much Bourbon?

Now why would I want something I have to pedal when I can have 1800 ccs doing the work????

I said Brett was the ugly one with no hair. I'm the pretty one.

I tried a dirt bike once and can drive a manual transmission car. But, I've just never had the opportunity to drive a motorcycle. They look fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter