DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

My children's godmother died. She was not blood related, but someone I considered special enough to hold that role. Her funeral is tomorrow. So, I've been drinking lots of tequila. She was only in her 60s. Enjoy life while we have it.

I'm sorry to hear about this. My wife and I will be thinking of you and your family. I've been on the road for the week attending to some work related training and today is my first visit back to the boards.

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Friday! Well, day two of no power at my house. Luckily it wasn't too cold last night, but it was cool. I had a certain little 6 year old girl in my bed last night, she would not sleep in her room by herself without a nightlight...which meant I got no sleep. Today's going to be a multiple cups of coffee kind of day. The bright side is I'll be taking my family to Boston to see The Lion King at the Opera House. Can't wait! I've been wanting to see this show for years and I finally get to see it.

I had mentioned before that I'm a temp at my current location. I'm not sure if I said that my job is working as an Inventory Clerk, spe

Got a text from the wife this morning after I got to work and was told we did lose power at the house after I had left for work. Hopefully we'll have it back when I get home.

Just looked at this and realized I never finished my thought. Hmmm no idea what I was thinking. I think my boss was coming and hit "Post Reply" before I knew what I was doing.

Just looked at this and realized I never finished my thought. Hmmm no idea what I was thinking. I think my boss was coming and hit "Post Reply" before I knew what I was doing.
I think you were saying
"Inventory Clerk, specializing in Mickey bars, Dole whips and bacon, so the next time I score some extras from work, I'll send them out to Doc."

It's hitting here tomorrow, hopefully done overnight.

It missed my neck of the woods yesterday, lots of rain and it was breezy but not like it was forecast. I think some other parts of the province did get it but not as bad as when Dorian blew through.

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Friday! Well, day two of no power at my house. Luckily it wasn't too cold last night, but it was cool. I had a certain little 6 year old girl in my bed last night, she would not sleep in her room by herself without a nightlight...which meant I got no sleep. Today's going to be a multiple cups of coffee kind of day. The bright side is I'll be taking my family to Boston to see The Lion King at the Opera House. Can't wait! I've been wanting to see this show for years and I finally get to see it.

Hope you get power back soon, enjoy the show.

like the Jamaican Bobsled team?
I can see a "going down faster than the Jamaican Bobsled team" joke coming....

The bright side is I'll be taking my family to Boston to see The Lion King at the Opera House. Can't wait! I've been wanting to see this show for years and I finally get to see it.
I hope you get power back soon.
It's breezy where I am this morning, with heavy fog (very normal), and occasional heavy rain and thunderstorms (not so normal). Shouldn't be too bad and it's supposed to be over by tonight.
Interesting you mention seeing The Lion King. Our US TV station (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) feed comes from Boston and I'm always seeing the ads for The Lion King performing through October.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Hope all have a great weekend! Enjoy the football, cooler temps, cold beer and time with the family.
Sorry to hear, stay safe.

The weekend has started, DD and I are going to the Aquatic Center swimming and then out to dinner.

Hope your power is back soon, and have a great time at the show.

It missed my neck of the woods yesterday, lots of rain and it was breezy but not like it was forecast. I think some other parts of the province did get it but not as bad as when Dorian blew through.
The big storm wasn't much here , forecast was for 70-80 mm of rain we got 15mm, nowhere near the wind either. the leaves are still on the trees, so still time for some fall pics.

Optometrist said my eyes still work. Waiting on the oil change. I need to go by the liquor store, and I'm having difficulty deciding between tequila or bourbon. I may just go with both.

I'm sorry to hear about this. My wife and I will be thinking of you and your family. I've been on the road for the week attending to some work related training and today is my first visit back to the boards.

Thank you.

I remember those days - night light & favorite stuffed animal hauled everywhere. Hope you get power soon, and enjoy the show.

... like the Jamaican Bobsled team?

They have it good. They live in Jamaica where the weather is nice.

I think you were saying
"Inventory Clerk, specializing in Mickey bars, Dole whips and bacon, so the next time I score some extras from work, I'll send them out to Doc."

I'll be quality control for that inventory clerk, as I must sample random treats to ensure the quality is good enough for all. I'm willing to suffer. :lmao:

Optometrist said my eyes still work. Waiting on the oil change. I need to go by the liquor store, and I'm having difficulty deciding between tequila or bourbon. I may just go with both.
For me, it would be no choice. There are two alcohols I very much dislike. Tequila and gin. You can have my share of tequila also if you go that route.

I'll be quality control for that inventory clerk, as I must sample random treats to ensure the quality is good enough for all. I'm willing to suffer. :lmao:
Oh no. We're not sending them to you. None of us ever seen any of those. Besides, I'm perfectly capable of QA'ing my own food. Don't need a jester for that purpose.

Hope the power comes back on before your food starts to spoil. Anyway, enjoy the show! It's great!

Story checks out.

I need to go by the liquor store, and I'm having difficulty deciding between tequila or bourbon. I may just go with both.

At the same time? :crazy2:

Easy test. If I get better looking, then they aren't. If I stay the same, then they still work!

:laughing:

Has the shift ended yet? Have a good weekend.
Yes! It ended! Today's my first day off! Of course, I'm at work, working right now... but still!
Happy Friday for those of us who care what day of the week it is (omitting Randall and Pkondz).
:wave:
Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Friday! Well, day two of no power at my house.
Oh, man. That sucks. (Or Mons if you're ancient Summerian.) How about now?
I had a certain little 6 year old girl in my bed last night, she would not sleep in her room by herself without a nightlight...which meant I got no sleep.
Oy
I can see a "going down faster than the Jamaican Bobsled team" joke coming....
:rolleyes1

Easy test. If I get better looking, then they aren't. If I stay the same, then they still work!

My eyes say you aren't good looking. :lmao:

For me, it would be no choice. There are two alcohols I very much dislike. Tequila and gin. You can have my share of tequila also if you go that route.

Not a gin fan. Tried different tequilas to find some that I liked. An agave anejo does the trick, but some of the good ones can cost $70 a bottle. I just went with Basil Hayden bourbon.

At the same time? :crazy2:

No. Are you drunk?
Salt, tequila, lime wedge - that's all you need. Well, and a glass.

Yes! It ended! Today's my first day off! Of course, I'm at work, working right now... but still!

You're at work, working, on your day off? Maybe I need some Canadian translation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter