DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

It's Friday. Enjoy that 3 day weekend.

Here's me ready for the game...
View attachment 347266

I had that jacket made for me when I was stationed in Korea ('90 - '91). First time in a long time I've been able to fit into it (including zipping it up even though it's not here)

Looks like it snaps, not zippers. Again, congrats on the weight loss.

I'll have to join in DISDad meetup pictures posting. I only have one. Those of you in the FB group may have already seen it. I met Tim Beloin in DHS last week. Nice to meet him. I only know him from the FB group - not sure what his DISboards name is or if he ever posts here anymore.

Tim's handle is "that's nice". He stops by occasionally.

Hey guys, I need your thoughts....

I booked the swan back in April through work discount. Thought it was a decent rate (and maybe it is).
Looking at discounts being offered now, I can get pop century for less than 1/2.
Any reason why I shouldn't switch and save a bunch of money?

I would go with the Swan since I've never stayed there. I've been to Pop twice, and will only go back there if it is free.

Thanks Guys, appreciate the support.

The other scary part is that we will have fewer and fewer opportunities to travel together as he enters grade 12. Of course we haven't told him we made sure to book a cruise for 2020 that doesn't coincide with his break at his first choice of universities. LOL

It has been difficult planning vacations now that oldest has a job. If it was a crappy fast food job, then I wouldn't care. But, she has something good going.

Happy Friday Dads.
We are loading up and heading to my dads house for the weekend for a family reunion and some bird hunting. He is going to have knee surgery Tuesday:crutches: so all the family is gonna try and make it this year to give him a send off.
For those who are getting a long weekend enjoy.... in moderation.... :rotfl:

And remember, the Judge isn't in until Tuesday. :lmao:

OK...
I'll officially ask here at least.
We're considering attempting to stay for a few days in the fall of 2019 (probably at Boardwalk if we can swing it).
Would anyone here be in need of renting out points around that time?
?

Fall at Boardwalk is a high demand time as it is low points and F&W Festival a short walk away at Epcot. You need someone with the 11 month window. 1 bedrooms are more readily available, but are more points. I would like to help, but I have a trip planned for then that will take all my points. Sorry. Hope you can get the booking you want.

Last edited:

Nice Job:thumbsup2. I stayed off the board a couple days just to see if anyone was paying attention:confused3. Although I never read that particular article it pretty much sums it up. I will add on some of the boat cards, Any boat that goes to MK you may be able to find most of the boat cards, but there are some you can only get at certain locations, they are the Friendship Boat (Epcot - HS) & The Water Taxis that go to Dis Springs:eek:. This set has 6 new cards, I can see at least 1 bus ( although 1 from the last set is now retired), Some Minnie Vans, maybe the parking lot tram:confused3. This is something that is not mandatory for Transportation CM to do, so it's hit and miss.

Something I can never stress enough is ALWAYS be polite when asking , and wether the CM has them or not always say Thank You!, I have gotten so many unexpected cards this way, I have been told to go ask for certain CM at certain spot to having some cards show up to Hotel front desk:woohoo:. This is just one of the many things that you can enjoy that fall under the mainstream radar at WDW:goodvibes.

In the next few days when I have more time, I will tell you something you may not know about Launch Bay and Star Tours that some might not know about:banana:

An early Saturday morning for me. Slept well enough though and am able to enjoy the coffee and quiet. You all have a great weekend.

KY Supreme Court to hear final litigation on September 20 on the pension garbage law that passed and was declared unconstitutional. I assume it's the final action, unless in goes to the US Supreme Court. The AG has won every motion thus far, but it's KY politics so who knows.

If you aint cheatin you aint tryin

Just don't try that argument on your wife. :scared1::lmao:

Last edited:
I'll be there in spirit. For the time being, Mickey has all my money from this last trip. Maybe one day...

Good info on renting DVC points. I had always been curious but never really knew how to go about doing it. It's definitely the only way I could stay in a deluxe resort.
This last trip, the value room was harder to get used to, especially the single sink, after staying in moderates before. But the free dining was a deal I couldn't pass up. Whenever my next trip is, I may look into renting points.

I'll have to join in DISDad meetup pictures posting. I only have one. Those of you in the FB group may have already seen it. I met Tim Beloin in DHS last week. Nice to meet him. I only know him from the FB group - not sure what his DISboards name is or if he ever posts here anymore.

View attachment 347285

I also met Trevor Carson at Test Track. I wasn't able to get a picture since he was working at the time, but I had a quick chat and he was nice enough to give my family an anytime FP for an Epcot attraction. Again, he's one of the guys I recognized from FB posts, I don't believe he posts on the boards.
Geez Jeff, after meeting Tim and taking that picture, did you still have your wallet? You gotta watch that Tim guy, he's a little shifty. Lol

Also, one of the Dads on Facebook had a horror story sometime ago about renting points from David's.
I never rented points, the idea of a perfect stranger booking a resort stay for me and trusting it will be there when I got there..... I wouldn't sleep. Only way I would do it is if I personally knew and trusted the person.
As the person renting the points, you can even check to make sure the reservation is there can you?

I never rented points, the idea of a perfect stranger booking a resort stay for me and trusting it will be there when I got there..... I wouldn't sleep. Only way I would do it is if I personally knew and trusted the person.
As the person renting the points, you can even check to make sure the reservation is there can you?

Not that I know of, Dave! When I have rented points from a friend my name was on the reservation and I received an acknowledgment from Disney for my room.

I only rented points once, so I can only speak from my experience.

The guy gave me the confirmation number and everything was in my name, so I could check everything and manage it all. I just couldn't make the ressie since I wasn't the DVC member.

I suppose it's possible (not likely) the person could try to screw you over, but if you have a contract, would have to give you your money back and all though I'm not a litigious person, I think that would definitely be a lawsuit right there. Obviously, there can always be a bad apple no matter what you're talking about, but I think someone trying that would really be very rare...I think the vast majority of us DVC owners are not in the business of trying screw people or make a quick dishonest buck.

Last edited:
Looks like it snaps, not zippers. Again, congrats on the weight loss.
It has both. The only reason there's such a gap in the front, ironically, is not due to my belly since it's much smaller now. It has the same elastic around the waist as it does around the wrists and even 27-28 years later, that stuff is good. I actually had it zipped and then realized that would cover the shirt up, so I unzipped it again. Thanks!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Sure I’m out for a few days and you guys go into some of my favorite topics, kids, Cubs, DVC points, debating touchy subjects with inlaws and most importantly the fund raising for Andriana.
Had a bit of a scare here Wednesday night as I was hit with some knock ya on your butt chest pains while driving home from work. Got home, something I never felt so off to emergency room. All is good as the battery of tests they ran me through showed the ticker is just fine as is liver enzymes. Kicker is they couldn’t pinpoint what the heck is going on and saying maybe pleurisy which is inflammation of the lining of the lungs. Feeling better now and have follow up with regular doc on Tuesday.
Have a great extended weekend gents and enjoy the start of the college football season, on of CJs favorite times of the year.
GO CUBS
Ciao a tutti, a Roma.

Got a cheeky upgrade at the hotel to the top room, we have a terrace that from one side you can see the Spanish Steps and the other way, the dome in the Vatican, so not too shabby for Danny. Just having a peroni and a Cohiba and thought I’d check in while the kids rest up, we’ve had them all over town today.
3 meals in, one Pizza, one Calzone, one Pasta with sausage ragu. All good,
All cheap.

Having fun with the in laws pointing out things that will be worse for us due to them voting to leave the EU. On a yellow card from Lady K.

Jeff, welcome back mate and sorry about the post Disney blues.

On the DVC we might start to go every other year, so I’d be happy to give
first dibs to guys on here for my points.

Have a great day chaps

Roma out.
So you went after the inlaws on a political topic, I love it! My FIL is a retired General Motors guy and once in a while I’ll poke him on unions just to help get his blood flowing better.
I think only 3 other folks here are going to DDCC7 @Cinderella's Fella , @declansdad and @budamacdvcr . If I missed any of you, please let me know.

Since we have a specific park planned for each day, I decided to try to do some ADRs (I love breakfast...mmmmm bacon) and wanted to get my favorite restaurant (Tiffins). I've made all these for 4 people, so if you'd like to join me for any of these, let me know. (I also get up early, so I got most of these early before the park opens).

1/7
7:30 Ohana's
12:15 BOG (might cancel this...not sure)

1/8
6:10 50s prime time (only because I didn't try the onion rings last time and a PB&J milkshake is calling my name ;))

1/9
11:30 Tiffins (planning on giving my ROL ticket to someone, but the meal alone is worth it)
3:00 is Jiko wine tasting for those who reserved with Terrance
6:50 O'hana's

1/10
7:30 Cape May Cafe
3:00 is dinner at Biergarten

1/11
7:30 Boma

1/12
7:30 The wave
My plan is to wait for the picture(s) and then get on the road, so lunch will be QS

Strange thing...if you select breakfast for your search, the 7:30 times I ended up getting don't show up, but if you plug in 6:30am, then suddenly earlier times are there. I guess for their search engine breakfast starts at 9 or something.
Thanks Doc, don’t get in until Friday on a 6:00 a.m. departure so may take ya up on Saturday breakfast if I get to sleep at a reasonable time on Friday night
Morning Guys,

Happy Long Weekend for those of you who have begun the celebration this morning or last night. DW are heading to Halifax tonight for a couple of days, just like our pre-kid days. It will be a bit stressful as it is the first time we will be leaving DS home alone for two night and I remember what that was like when I was 17. Although his grandparents said they would probably stop in and check on him at any time so I guess that should keep things reasonable.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

I was thinking he needed a bit more blue. ;)
I think he will be just fine. Besides you have way more digital cheating capabilities than our parents had.
Thanks Guys, appreciate the support.

The other scary part is that we will have fewer and fewer opportunities to travel together as he enters grade 12. Of course we haven't told him we made sure to book a cruise for 2020 that doesn't coincide with his break at his first choice of universities. LOL
Nice on the current getaway and planning for more when he is out of the house. DS is a bit PO’d with us going in a couple of weeks and DW has been wanting to do MNSSHP for a good 15 years and ain’t happy either. I just laugh at em.
Did it have anything to do with bottle rockets?
LOL I actually thought of that too
Okay, I doubt I can do as well as Dan, but I'm calling it.

Everyone out to Trader Sam's Grog Grotto for a Shrunken Zombie Head.
Last one there has to go home with Ursula and let me tell ya, she's all arms and wants to suck the life outta ya.
Pretty good Doc
An early Saturday morning for me. Slept well enough though and am able to enjoy the coffee and quiet. You all have a great weekend.

KY Supreme Court to hear final litigation on September 20 on the pension garbage law that passed and was declared unconstitutional. I assume it's the final action, unless in goes to the US Supreme Court. The AG has won every motion thus far, but it's KY politics so who knows.
Hope everything works out for you Norm with the pension stuff

'Morning all...
I ought'a reply to a bunch of the conversations going on, but it's my last day off before I have to be working again, so I think I'll go sit on the beach for just a bit longer.

Will comment on this one though...

Fall at Boardwalk is a high demand time as it is low points and F&W Festival a short walk away at Epcot. You need someone with the 11 month window. 1 bedrooms are more readily available, but are more points. I would like to help, but I have a trip planned for then that will take all my points. Sorry. Hope you can get the booking you want.
Hummm...
Didn't think about that.
Was just looking at when we might be able to go down and where we'd like to stay if we were on site.
May have to rethink or give up on it then.

I only rented points once, so I can only speak from my experience.

The guy gave me the confirmation number and everything was in my name, so I could check everything and manage it all. I just couldn't make the ressie since I wasn't the DVC member.

I suppose it's possible (not likely) the person could try to screw you over, but if you have a contract, would have to give you your money back and all though I'm not a litigious person, I think that would definitely be a lawsuit right there
Unless they are outside the jurisdiction of the US......;)

OK...
I'll officially ask here at least.
We're considering attempting to stay for a few days in the fall of 2019 (probably at Boardwalk if we can swing it).
Would anyone here be in need of renting out points around that time?
I’m the same as Doc, Rob, I own at Poly if you want me to try, I should have spare next year as I banked my 2018 points due to my cancelled trip.

Happy Saturday Gents! The Final Total collected for Andriana is $3675.00. Please do not send any more money, we need to get this to her before she leaves for Hawaii. Ya Done Good, Boys!!!

Let one last donation in. Final Grand Total, $3700.00!

Nice! I'm going to say that the DISdads club is a pretty stand up kinda club.

Had a bit of a scare here Wednesday night as I was hit with some knock ya on your butt chest pains while driving home from work.

Oh, man. Glad it wasn't a heart attack, but equally glad you're gonna get that checked out. Stuff like that is not to be taken lightly. Keep us posted.

Unless they are outside the jurisdiction of the US......;)

Uh, oh....

(Makes note to never rent from Dan...….)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter