DDC XXV: It’s a Special Holiday Episode of the DISDad’s Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all! looking to join the group, my name is Adam. I have twins, dd and ds, they are 12. I drive the dw and kids crazy planning our trips to the world. they say things like "oh brother he's at it again" or he's on the disboards again!!:rotfl: We are planning(hoping) for a chritmas time trip next year, never been for the holidays yet. we were looking at early december. My first trip was when i was 15ish?? in the early 80's. A total of 10-12 times. I know its bad that I'm not sure exactly how many times.?!?. well hopefully i pass the stringent acceptance policy of the dis dads. thanks.....:thumbsup2

Evening Guys, welcome Adam. You have found a great place to chat with a pretty good bunch of guys. Well most of them anyway. :lmao:

Brent,

have you ever tries Organic Old Ruby Ale - Duchy Originals from Waitrose? i picked one up earlier tonight.

We are! Can't wait to be back there. In Oct. Sarah and I did wishes from the top of the world lounge a few times, and we spent a lot of time at the pool and kids club as well. Made us appreciate it for even more than the location and rooms.We can't wait to get back.

Love BLT! Sadly, the California Grill is closed in February....

Evening Guys, welcome Adam. You have found a great place to chat with a pretty good bunch of guys. Well most of them anyway. :lmao:

Don't trust the Canadians!

Brent,

have you ever tries Organic Old Ruby Ale - Duchy Originals from Waitrose? i picked one up earlier tonight.

Had it, it's okay, I didn't think it was anything special. Apparently Prince Charles has a stake in that brewery. It seems to sell in our store in ups and downs, sometimes goes slow, then some points sells quicker.

Don't trust the Canadians!

And us without our penguin.:sad2:

Had it, it's okay, I didn't think it was anything special. Apparently Prince Charles has a stake in that brewery. It seems to sell in our store in ups and downs, sometimes goes slow, then some points sells quicker.

Good call, it was ok but not much flavour.

Fellow dads, wish me luck, I told DD would could make breakfast tomorrow morning so hopefully I don't burn down the house, nothing major just, sausage, biscuits, pancakes and of course BACON!!!

That is easy cooking there. Good luck.

That was my first thought:will she get back her penguin? :rotfl2: See? they are eveywhere...

I know, and mobilizing.

We are! Can't wait to be back there. In Oct. Sarah and I did wishes from the top of the world lounge a few times, and we spent a lot of time at the pool and kids club as well. Made us appreciate it for even more than the location and rooms.We can't wait to get back.

We did TOTWL and did not like the service - way too slow. I'll hang out on the terrace or at the CR terrace.

Love BLT! Sadly, the California Grill is closed in February...!

Saw that. I really liked Cali Grill, one of the top signatures, although we haven't tried V&A or the ones at S&D. It was really loud though. I like my dinners a bit more calm. My top two are Fulton's for crab and Narcoossee for Lobster.

From Jetpack Joyride App - the championship level - "Barry"

temporary-1176.jpg

I can't even get in the first 5 pages....someone needs to be assigned to text me when thread is opened :cool1:

Page 11 Ownage!!! yeah I said freakin page 11!!!

twinsmom&dad said:
hi all! looking to join the group, my name is Adam. I have twins, dd and ds, they are 12. I drive the dw and kids crazy planning our trips to the world. they say things like "oh brother he's at it again" or he's on the disboards again!!:rotfl: We are planning(hoping) for a chritmas time trip next year, never been for the holidays yet. we were looking at early december. My first trip was when i was 15ish?? in the early 80's. A total of 10-12 times. I know its bad that I'm not sure exactly how many times.?!?. well hopefully i pass the stringent acceptance policy of the dis dads. thanks.....:thumbsup2

Welcome to the club. Early December is a fantastic time to go. I actually just returned from a December trip for the second year in a row.

Just make sure if you go during pop Warner week that you get a non pop Warner resort.

Oh and I HIGHLY recommend the DL version of Fantasmic. Touring Plans ranks it as one of the things that DL does better than WDW.

I hadn't heard that, thank you, I heard pirates and a few other rides were longer at DL then at WDW also

....Just wanted to give my $0.02 on DLR:

Fantasmic at Disneyland is pretty amazing. It does top WDW in my book, but I love the ability to get good seating at WDW... which is nice. I would try and start reserving a spot about 2 hrs in advance. That may seem extreme, but its well worth it. If you can get a spot right up against Rivers of America the show feels so close, you can practically touch the Pirate Ship.

PotC is also longer, esp. the beginning... pretty great stuff. I also prefer Space Mtn at DL to WDW, esp. with the awesome soundtrack onboard. :thumbsup2

Definitely give a BIG thumbs up for Fantasmic at DL over WDW. The closeness of the show, the dragon, the ships... and if you can afford it, the Fantasmic Dessert Party is amazing!

Agree with toughmudder about Space Mtn and PotC being better. Also think Small World is better and I like the single row Splash at DL as well.... but that's just me :cool1:

:welcome:

:welcome:

Sounds like you pass the "stringent" test... just one test left to pass. Where do you stand on the flavor bacon?

Let me just warn about your plan to go during the holidays. Crowds, cost, craziness aside, once you go during the holidays, you may never want to go any other time of the year again! I know my family & I are now officially "hooked" on Holiday Disney :cool1:

tumblr_lvkkleNL661qiol6o.gif

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DIS DAD'S CLUB! :welcome:

You have been added to the DISDad list! :thumbsup2 Your Member Number is #726!

drippinwelcum.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter