DDC XXV: It’s a Special Holiday Episode of the DISDad’s Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all! looking to join the group, my name is Adam. I have twins, dd and ds, they are 12. I drive the dw and kids crazy planning our trips to the world. they say things like "oh brother he's at it again" or he's on the disboards again!!:rotfl: We are planning(hoping) for a chritmas time trip next year, never been for the holidays yet. we were looking at early december. My first trip was when i was 15ish?? in the early 80's. A total of 10-12 times. I know its bad that I'm not sure exactly how many times.?!?. well hopefully i pass the stringent acceptance policy of the dis dads. thanks.....:thumbsup2

Welcome, Adam. People are somewhat distracted today (although I could not agree more that we need outlets during stressful situations!). Randall will be along to assign you a number before long.

Christmas is my second favorite time to visit! (after Halloween). Someday, I'm going to do a trip from Oct 30-Nov 8th and hit both the MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same vacation. Join us on FB as well or on our 2nd home at dis dads dot com.

Welcome, Adam. People are somewhat distracted today (although I could not agree more that we need outlets during stressful situations!). Randall will be along to assign you a number before long.

Christmas is my second favorite time to visit! (after Halloween). Someday, I'm going to do a trip from Oct 30-Nov 8th and hit both the MNSSHP and MVMCP in the same vacation. Join us on FB as well or on our 2nd home at dis dads dot com.

We debated that move for our trip next year, but decided to do Nov 5- 12, to make sure we got MVMCP in, as we've never done it, and have done MNSSHP a few times.

Already can't wait...

hi all! looking to join the group, my name is Adam. I have twins, dd and ds, they are 12. I drive the dw and kids crazy planning our trips to the world. they say things like "oh brother he's at it again" or he's on the disboards again!!:rotfl: We are planning(hoping) for a chritmas time trip next year, never been for the holidays yet. we were looking at early december. My first trip was when i was 15ish?? in the early 80's. A total of 10-12 times. I know its bad that I'm not sure exactly how many times.?!?. well hopefully i pass the stringent acceptance policy of the dis dads. thanks.....:thumbsup2

Welcome! Dues are payable in bacon and dole whips. You can send them to me and I will see that they are properly handled.

We debated that move for our trip next year, but decided to do Nov 5- 12, to make sure we got MVMCP in, as we've never done it, and have done MNSSHP a few times.

Already can't wait...

Are you at BLT for that trip? So excited to go back to our home resort again this Feb!

AirGoofy said:
Trying to get more customer money. Do you invent jetpack joyride app? The levels include rookie, expert, ninja, and the highest is Barry.
I didn't, but that sounds about right. Ninjas are wusses compared to me.

DisDadDoc said:
Guys, thanks for all the texts and messages! Posted on FB and Tim may have posted thia already but Tim & I are both fine. Newton is about 20 minutes away from both of us, so fortunately both our families are safe & ok
Glad to hear it!
twinsmom&dad said:

Welcome to the club! Early December is an awesome time to go!

Car is packed and SWMBO is off to the vacation home :headache: in the morning.

Then it will just be the kids and I for a week. No more :teacher:and :beach: now it is time for some
1sm390teach.gif
and :laundy: for a week.

The DAD will be in charge and enforcing some rules.

Thank you Chris.

I'd like to thank everyone for the calls and texts as well. My wife is a RN at a hospital that is in a fairly close relation to Newtown. If Danbury Hospital couldn't handle the situation, I'm sure patients would have been sent to DWs work. From what I've heard on the news, and there seems to be lots of misinformation out there right now, there was only 1-2 people injured. The immediate need is going to be for grief counselors to try to make sense of this horrible and unthinkable tragedy.

Thanks for the info. I followed you and Chris on FB. Glad to hear you all are ok.

Prepping to take Amelia to her first Brownies sleepover over at the church behind us. When they picked me up, DW mentioned that the girls got their stuffed penguins, a prize forselling magazines at school. Well Amelia did, Audrey doesn't have hers, it's still at school. Rumour around the school is ahe found a fish in the back of hers....meaning she won an iPad?? That is what the kids are saying anyways. Find out more Monday. Wish the kid could throw some of that luck my way....

That is good luck. Hope that fish doesn't go "missing" over the weekend.

Welcome. I have two dds 10 & 8, but have never been during the Christmas holidays. We usually do MNSSHP in October and may be their during Easter this year. BTW, dues are supposed to be mailed to be.

Welcome! Dues are payable in bacon and dole whips. You can send them to me and I will see that they are properly handled.

Cake and beer are also acceptable dues, but must be forwarded to me. :lmao:

I didn't, but that sounds about right. Ninjas are wusses compared to me.
!

:lmao: And, there are coins in the word "BARRY" to collect everynow and then. It is a fun app on Android or Apple.

Car is packed and SWMBO is off to the vacation home :headache: in the morning.

Then it will just be the kids and I for a week. No more :teacher:and :beach: now it is time for some
1sm390teach.gif
and :laundy: for a week.

The DAD will be in charge and enforcing some rules.

That would mean that everyone is one vacation. I would still manage th laundry, but it wouldn't get folded.

Cake and beer are also acceptable dues, but must be forwarded to me. :lmao:
.That would mean that everyone is one vacation. I would still manage th laundry, but it wouldn't get folded.

I'll split the bacon with you for some of the cake, but we better use my mailbox. Yours is full of tickets from CJ isn't it?

I'm the first to admit I'm the drill sergeant in the family. No vacation when I'm in charge. The kids need to learn to take care of themselves and each other. I had them later in life so they need to learn quick.

Yawn.gif
Very long day yesterday and a short night. Time for
shaving.gif
and some sleep.

I'll split the bacon with you for some of the cake, but we better use my mailbox. Yours is full of tickets from CJ isn't it?

I'm the first to admit I'm the drill sergeant in the family. No vacation when I'm in charge. The kids need to learn to take care of themselves and each other. I had them later in life so they need to learn quick..

I definitely am not the drill sergeant. I try to teach important things, but really don't care about things like schoolwork. As for the house, DW likes to clean the house for relatives and stack everything on her dresser. I can't overcome what they see, so I just let that go. It drives me crazy.

AirGoofy said:
Welcome. I have two dds 10 & 8, but have never been during the Christmas holidays. We usually do MNSSHP in October and may be their during Easter this year. BTW, dues are supposed to be mailed to be.

Norm, I still think your SSR treehouse idea is brilliant, I am going to try to transfer my 2012 pts and then bank my 2013 pts (not right away though) and the next trip after the DL trip is a 2014 Christmas time trip, you have plenty of time to work your magic on DW for this idea, but I do think it can work haha

And with this post (didn't realize it) I hit post 1k so today it's only proper to forgo the speech and just pray for all the families who lost loved ones

Welcome !! Wait stringent? They let me in...

That is good luck. Hope that fish doesn't go "missing" over the weekend.

Well from what info we have gathered, the teachers took it back once the "fish" was found to process for the ipad. Problem is no reliable source. I am wondering if it's one of those"school urban legends" rumour things that pop up all the time.Might drop her off Monday myself to get to the bottom of this groovy mystery.

So, my dds drew their own cartoon characters and had an elaborate story about them. The good guy characters turn into ninja cats with guns to defeat the evil scientist, Mr. brain, and laser beam eye.

Norm, I still think your SSR treehouse idea is brilliant, I am going to try to transfer my 2012 pts and then bank my 2013 pts (not right away though) and the next trip after the DL trip is a 2014 Christmas time trip, you have plenty of time to work your magic on DW for this idea, but I do think it can work haha

And with this post (didn't realize it) I hit post 1k so today it's only proper to forgo the speech and just pray for all the families who lost loved ones

I'll work on her, but it is unlikely. Right now, we are still waiting on the school dates to see about Oct 2013.

Well from what info we have gathered, the teachers took it back once the "fish" was found to process for the ipad. Problem is no reliable source. I am wondering if it's one of those"school urban legends" rumour things that pop up all the time.Might drop her off Monday myself to get to the bottom of this groovy mystery.

Well, hopefully it is true and she wins it, or least gets the penguin back. You Canadians and your penguins.

AirGoofy said:
I'll work on her, but it is unlikely. Right now, we are still waiting on the school dates to see about Oct 2013.

The waiting on school schedules stinks, only reason they released DDs is because they waited 2 days before school was suppose to start this year to pass a budget and couldn't so they started school 2 weeks late and to avoid another embarrassment next year they released the schedule and passed next years budget already

Fellow dads, wish me luck, I told DD would could make breakfast tomorrow morning so hopefully I don't burn down the house, nothing major just, sausage, biscuits, pancakes and of course BACON!!!

Are you at BLT for that trip? So excited to go back to our home resort again this Feb!

We are! Can't wait to be back there. In Oct. Sarah and I did wishes from the top of the world lounge a few times, and we spent a lot of time at the pool and kids club as well. Made us appreciate it for even more than the location and rooms.We can't wait to get back.

Fellow dads, wish me luck, I told DD would could make breakfast tomorrow morning so hopefully I don't burn down the house, nothing major just, sausage, biscuits, pancakes and of course BACON!!!

There are many restaurants that will cook that for you, and let you keep your house intact... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter