DDC XXV: It’s a Special Holiday Episode of the DISDad’s Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Dave Ramsey radio show earlier, he already had planned to take stories about people who were giving this holiday season. It was a way to think about some good news in light of the tragedy. I'm going to try and stay there.

Amen.

? When did you ever start working?

Just because I am in boxer shorts, it doesn't mean I am not working.

Morning dads. DD has her play tonight where she's a reindeer. I'm back to 100%. I can finally catch up with you guys whom I've missed, except my nemie. Sappiness over....

Which reindeer?

Woohoo!! New thread smell! Great job, Randall!!:cool1:

Page 2 ownage!

Remember when you used to have Page 1 ownage? :rolleyes1

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

Started this game on the "Last to Post" thread, thought it might be good here as well.

Fill in the blank Friday.

“Christmas is great, but the one thing I could do without is __________”

the smoke from DW's credit card.

Total Posts: 3,896
User Name Posts
AirGoofy 440
mm1971 429
declansdad 390
RodBelding 261
twokids0204 240
moose615 223
theduck619 220
Cinderella's Fella 159
BigTikiDaddy 141
that's nice 133
IamTrike 123
disdadIL 118
Twin Dad 114
Disney Commando 100
afwdwfan 95
Jousey 81
cj9200 72
scott2997 65
DisDadDoc 48
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 47
Captain_Oblivious 42
GoHerd1028 41
Goofy + 3 33
wasnotafan 30
trennr 27
toughmudder 26
DisneyDadC 23
FreezinRafiki 22
ClearScreen 21
jmwest 20
brettcw23 18
10dedfish 15
AJRitz 14
Bo Duke 13
Emma's Dad 10
GreatBiscuit 9
Wherem I Now 6
baseballmickey 4
Dis_Dreamin 3
katoot 2
Urugami 2
thegales 2
Kassidysdad 2
pbarager 2
Swissdog2010 2
colinsdad 2
dvczerfs 2
tutter99 1
IndyDisney 1
Johnny58601 1
DEA 1

Guys, thanks for all the texts and messages! Posted on FB and Tim may have posted thia already but Tim & I are both fine. Newton is about 20 minutes away from both of us, so fortunately both our families are safe & ok

Just because I am in boxer shorts, it doesn't mean I am not working.

The life of CJ.

Guys, thanks for all the texts and messages! Posted on FB and Tim may have posted thia already but Tim & I are both fine. Newton is about 20 minutes away from both of us, so fortunately both our families are safe & ok

Got the all clear earlier. Glad to hear you were ok. Did your hospital get involved?

Thank you for the tips, the original comment was this morning, it is weird to talk about stuff like that when a tragedy happened but thank you again for the tips

No problem! You gents are such a welcome fountain of knowledge when it comes to WDW... your advice (and future advice... as I'll keep asking!) has been greatly appreciated... so the least I can do is offer any advice I can offer on the DLR. Feel free to ask away... either through this thread or via PM. :thumbsup2

And I know your original question was from prior to the news... as I was typing my response I felt somewhat guilty providing tips when these tragic events had just taken place, so I felt a need to share some thoughts... since I hadn't yet, before delving into answering your question. Its hard to make sense of such an occurrence... but one thing I like about Disney is its ability to celebrate everything good about life - so I'm certainly grateful (as we all are) for what it gives us... so discussing the parks can certainly be therapy in a way, as we sort through such a senseless event...

User Name Posts
AirGoofy 440
mm1971 429
declansdad 390
RodBelding 261
twokids0204 240
moose615 223
theduck619 220
Cinderella's Fella 159
BigTikiDaddy 141
that's nice 133
IamTrike 123
disdadIL 118
Twin Dad 114
Disney Commando 100
afwdwfan 95
Jousey 81
cj9200 72
scott2997 65
DisDadDoc 48
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 47
Captain_Oblivious 42
GoHerd1028 41
Goofy + 3 33
wasnotafan 30
trennr 27
toughmudder 26
DisneyDadC 23
FreezinRafiki 22
ClearScreen 21
jmwest 20
brettcw23 18
10dedfish 15
AJRitz 14
Bo Duke 13
Emma's Dad 10
GreatBiscuit 9
Wherem I Now 6
baseballmickey 4
Dis_Dreamin 3
katoot 2
Urugami 2
thegales 2
Kassidysdad 2
pbarager 2
Swissdog2010 2
colinsdad 2
dvczerfs 2
tutter99 1
IndyDisney 1
Johnny58601 1
DEA 1

Hey, I made the top 20!

My neighbor - two houses down across the street. That is also the bus stop for the neighborhood. And, the neighbor in between us is one of the DARE officers. According to him, this guy wasn't cooking, just transporting. They crossed state lines, so there may be Federal charges.

From the local news yesterday:

A major meth bust in the Tri-State. More than $100,000 worth of the drug is now off the street. Four pounds of methamphetamines are now off the streets thanks to law enforcement in the Owensboro area.

Detectives say they executed search warrants on two homes in Daviess County and found a major amount of meth, cash, weapons, and drug paraphernalia consistent with an on-going meth trafficking operation. Tonight four suspects in this bust are in custody. 53-year-old Ronald Henry, 40-year-old Sherry Hicks, 46-year-old Timothy Mattingly, and 45-year-old Deborah Mattingly all face several charges including trafficking methamphetamines.

Its kind of hard to talk attractions when something so tragic just occurred. My prayers are with these families, and those that had to endure such horrific events.

I get what you're saying. I've been following this stuff on line on and off all day as I watch my kids play. I need a little diversion or I'm going to hug the kiddos so tight I might break a rib.

User Name Posts
AirGoofy 440
mm1971 429
declansdad 390
RodBelding 261
twokids0204 240
moose615 223
theduck619 220
Cinderella's Fella 159
BigTikiDaddy 141
that's nice 133
IamTrike 123
disdadIL 118
Twin Dad 114
Disney Commando 100
afwdwfan 95
Jousey 81
cj9200 72
scott2997 65
DisDadDoc 48
GoofyIsAsGoofyDoes 47
Captain_Oblivious 42
GoHerd1028 41
Goofy + 3 33
wasnotafan 30
trennr 27
toughmudder 26
DisneyDadC 23
FreezinRafiki 22
ClearScreen 21
jmwest 20
brettcw23 18
10dedfish 15
AJRitz 14
Bo Duke 13
Emma's Dad 10
GreatBiscuit 9
Wherem I Now 6
baseballmickey 4
Dis_Dreamin 3
katoot 2
Urugami 2
thegales 2
Kassidysdad 2
pbarager 2
Swissdog2010 2
colinsdad 2
dvczerfs 2
tutter99 1
IndyDisney 1
Johnny58601 1
DEA 1
Don't ever post this list again. Mods closed it just as I was getting ready to pass Sean. :badpc:

I hear ya Norm. I'm just mad that I had a golden opportunity to eclipse my nemesis at the wire and the mods shut her down early

toughmudder said:
No problem! You gents are such a welcome fountain of knowledge when it comes to WDW... your advice (and future advice... as I'll keep asking!) has been greatly appreciated... so the least I can do is offer any advice I can offer on the DLR. Feel free to ask away... either through this thread or via PM. :thumbsup2

And I know your original question was from prior to the news... as I was typing my response I felt somewhat guilty providing tips when these tragic events had just taken place, so I felt a need to share some thoughts... since I hadn't yet, before delving into answering your question. Its hard to make sense of such an occurrence... but one thing I like about Disney is its ability to celebrate everything good about life - so I'm certainly grateful (as we all are) for what it gives us... so discussing the parks can certainly be therapy in a way, as we sort through such a senseless event...

It is an escape, from work, from the craziness in the world, for a lot of us, talking about Disney, football and other topics help with everyday life. But I still have a hard time understanding it all, prob never will

Thank you Chris.

I'd like to thank everyone for the calls and texts as well. My wife is a RN at a hospital that is in a fairly close relation to Newtown. If Danbury Hospital couldn't handle the situation, I'm sure patients would have been sent to DWs work. From what I've heard on the news, and there seems to be lots of misinformation out there right now, there was only 1-2 people injured. The immediate need is going to be for grief counselors to try to make sense of this horrible and unthinkable tragedy.

Prepping to take Amelia to her first Brownies sleepover over at the church behind us. When they picked me up, DW mentioned that the girls got their stuffed penguins, a prize forselling magazines at school. Well Amelia did, Audrey doesn't have hers, it's still at school. Rumour around the school is ahe found a fish in the back of hers....meaning she won an iPad?? That is what the kids are saying anyways. Find out more Monday. Wish the kid could throw some of that luck my way....

Well, I didn't get here until page 8, but at least I'm here before my Nemesis. Ahhhhhh - yep. Without my Nemmy here yet, it's still got that new thread smell! :)

hi all! looking to join the group, my name is Adam. I have twins, dd and ds, they are 12. I drive the dw and kids crazy planning our trips to the world. they say things like "oh brother he's at it again" or he's on the disboards again!!:rotfl: We are planning(hoping) for a chritmas time trip next year, never been for the holidays yet. we were looking at early december. My first trip was when i was 15ish?? in the early 80's. A total of 10-12 times. I know its bad that I'm not sure exactly how many times.?!?. well hopefully i pass the stringent acceptance policy of the dis dads. thanks.....:thumbsup2

hi all! looking to join the group, my name is Adam. I have twins, dd and ds, they are 12. I drive the dw and kids crazy planning our trips to the world. they say things like "oh brother he's at it again" or he's on the disboards again!!:rotfl: We are planning(hoping) for a chritmas time trip next year, never been for the holidays yet. we were looking at early december. My first trip was when i was 15ish?? in the early 80's. A total of 10-12 times. I know its bad that I'm not sure exactly how many times.?!?. well hopefully i pass the stringent acceptance policy of the dis dads. thanks.....:thumbsup2

:welcome: to the DISDads Adam...

twinsmom&dad said:

Welcome Adam , looks like you should fit right in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts