DDC XXIV - What Bacon Shortage? We're Full Of It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday Amelia, Ben and Andy.

Happy Birthday.
Thanks guys.

With ND #1 in football and IU #1 in basketball, I bet Andy is really excited :lmao:
Yes, yes I am. I'll be in Disney World in 11 days. :thumbsup2

Actually I checked all the toilets I could but none of them swirled when I flushed.
So the obvious next move is to fill a bathtub or sink with water and then drain it. I hope you at least tried that... :rolleyes1

Too full to swirl? :scratchin
:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

I'm in the top 30 & passed Barry!!!! What a great day!!!!! :cool1:
Hope he can get used to that feeling. :thumbsup2

When DD broke her forearm, they medicated her and put her in loopy land. I got to stay with her the whole time and some of the comments were beyond hilarious. Took 3 people to reset it properly, but DD didn't even remember it happened. Went from broken to a pink cast like magic.:rolleyes1

Same with DS last year. When he started to come out of it, the comments were hillarious. I think he asked the nurse 5 or 6 times, "Is the needle still in?" :rotfl2:

DD Field Hockey team and pic of her in goalie outfit. Congrats to the girls. They are mostly grade 4 kids that played against grade 5/6 all season and won 80% of their games.

Nice!
Congrats to the whole team on some excellent work.

Well me not thinking, had DD in the chair next to me and she tried to get up, fell straight to the floor, lesson learned. While holding her she said "look Jack Frost " and then said "whoa things are getting kindof weird and then started crying, I did my best to console her, the dental assistant came and got her, they said she's doing great and being perfect, I just hate the powerlessness of it all, knowing DD is back there and I'm out in the lobby and I can't help, but she is in good hands

Yah… hate it when you can’t help them. It doesn’t get any better latter on when it bocomes necessary for you to let them sink or swim on their own.
That’s the hard part of parenting.

I wish. The kid is a slob. Haven't even opened her bedroom door since she left. Let alone her bathroom.

When our boy heads off site next year, I may have to fumigate his end of the house and have it blocked off for a while until the toxicity become tolerable for human habitation again.

I’m just trying to imagine what the dorm room will be like.

Its pretty safe to say that a Bieber concert would be torture for most anyone on this forum.

I do believe you could safely bet the farm on that one.

Morning gentlemen.

Just checking in. I can tell the kids were with their grandmother this weekend. They are listening like a box of rocks and are amazed they are getting in trouble for not listening. :rolleyes2

DD Field Hockey team and pic of her in goalie outfit. Congrats to the girls. They are mostly grade 4 kids that played against grade 5/6 all season and won 80% of their games.

Congrats.

When our boy heads off site next year, I may have to fumigate his end of the house and have it blocked off for a while until the toxicity become tolerable for human habitation again.

I’m just trying to imagine what the dorm room will be like.

Thanks for putting the stats together again Rob. Hope your work stuff has settled down a bit.

I'm guessing the dorm room will be like his current room only with more Ramen.

Wow !! Twinkies selling on ebay for $200,000.00 I knew instead of buying new truck I should have invested heavily in twinkies!!!
We searched high and low at a few stores. No Twinkies around here.
Is it morning already?

DD5 had "one of those nights" last night.

Started at about 11:30p and lasted all night.

She would sleep for 5 minutes and then wake up in a "frantic" like state. I don't know if it was night terrors or what. She seemed as if she was coherent during the night, but there was no consoling her.

We had some strange nights with DS when he was round 5/6. He would sleep walk at times and once he sat in the second floor foyer and was "evil" laughing. You know what I mean. He was a asleep with his eyes open, sitting indian style and laughing. When he saw his mom, he would point at her and look scared. She would start laughing. We were told by doctor never to wake him as it can be dangerous somehow. After about an hour and a half he fell back to sleep and then woke up normally about 20 minutes later. Can you say "REDRUM"? It was really creepy.
We've been dealing with this too with our oldest. Sometimes she remembers them the next day and sometimes not. it's happening most nights. School Counselor says they're night terrors, but she doesn't seem too terrified. Every now and then she really freaks out but she's normally just confused.
Thanks guys, I will give her your advice. The big thing when she runs solo is hydration. She doesn't want to carry water or stop to get a drink. Not smart. Will probably suggest she does a couple of real long runs when she is on break. That way, I can set up a water stop in front of the house.
I just decided to make my half-way point near a friend's house. If I'm low on water I go there. I also plan on using his bathroom, but he doesn't know that yet.
Me either. I am putting all extra spending on lock down. I want to cancel cable, but DW is finding it hard to imagine life without certain shows? That would save $600 over a 10 month period! My estimate for the adoption is between $30-35k so every little bit helps.
Wow. I thought ours was a lot. We've been living on a super tight budget for years anyway so unfortunately there's no more fat to trim. Ours will be almost entirely from fundraising and draining the savings account. Some stocks might get sold ahead of schedule as well.
I am hoping the tax credit gets renewed this year. Adopting two, that would be a nice deduction.
I called my congressman last week about this. I congratulated him on his re-election and I'd love to keep voting for him, but I'll be watching to see if he gets behind the Making Adoptionn Affordable Act.
So I will have some happy children come Christmas morning. Oh, and Dad got Assassin's Creed 3 and Madden. Hey - it's Christmas for me too!!
I usually just own one game at a time. Right now it's Madden. I haven't had a Madden game for almost a decade and I'm loving this. I had one of the previous Assasin's Creed games. I barely remember the campaign but I thought the multiplayer was worth the price. Totally different than running around shooting people. Much more thinking involved.
We're going to wait on the Wii U, but are considering an X-box instead (although aren't they releasing a new X-box next year?) You'll have to let me know what you think of Assassin's Creed 3, Chris. My DS (12) really wants to play it...
I'm holding off on getting any new games til I see more about the new XBOX.

We searched high and low at a few stores. No Twinkies around here.

tumblr_mdlmf3p5nd1re013qo1_500.jpg

Morning gentlemen.

Just checking in. I can tell the kids were with their grandmother this weekend. They are listening like a box of rocks and are amazed they are getting in trouble for not listening. :rolleyes2

Congrats.

Thanks. New stick under the tree this year. Didn't even know they made composite FH sticks.:confused3 It needs to be light blue.:thumbsup2

DD went with my mom this weekend and I know what you mean. I love mom to death, but she REALLY needs to remember they are not 3 any more. The bigger issue this time was they went to make a Christmas list. My mom bought her 3 items on the list while they were out and let her have them. REALLY? Whats the point of making a list? I think we have a 3 day boot camp training every time they come back from there. Of course the wife tells me for the 3 days that it is my fault.:headache:

Thanks for putting the stats together again Rob. Hope your work stuff has settled down a bit.

Work is calm right now, but my upper management has just returned froma couple of days out. We’ll se how it goes form here.

I'm guessing the dorm room will be like his current room only with more Ramen.

Not a pretty picture.

Similar mess…
More food…
Less square footage…
An added roomy to help double the potential ciaos…
And a whole building of similar such spaces.

That does not bode well.

I just decided to make my half-way point near a friend's house. If I'm low on water I go there. I also plan on using his bathroom, but he doesn't know that yet.

Wow. I thought ours was a lot. We've been living on a super tight budget for years anyway so unfortunately there's no more fat to trim. Ours will be almost entirely from fundraising and draining the savings account. Some stocks might get sold ahead of schedule as well.
It's always easiest to just ask for forgiveness. If you run early in the morning and the have an en-suite master bath, that'd be the one I'd use.

Is it morning already?

DD5 had "one of those nights" last night.

Started at about 11:30p and lasted all night.

She would sleep for 5 minutes and then wake up in a "frantic" like state. I don't know if it was night terrors or what. She seemed as if she was coherent during the night, but there was no consoling her.

Needless to say, I feel like a zombie today and I have to frickin' work!:sad2:

We had some strange nights with DS when he was round 5/6. He would sleep walk at times and once he sat in the second floor foyer and was "evil" laughing. You know what I mean. He was a asleep with his eyes open, sitting indian style and laughing. When he saw his mom, he would point at her and look scared. She would start laughing. We were told by doctor never to wake him as it can be dangerous somehow. After about an hour and a half he fell back to sleep and then woke up normally about 20 minutes later. Can you say "REDRUM"? It was really creepy.

Wow those are both really freaky. We only have to deal with DS's sleep walking. Most of the times it's not urgent, but we did have one situation where he walked into our room proclaiming "I have to pee"before heading into our closet. I woke him up that time.

Permission to come aboard! This thread is AWESOME!

I am a Disney zealot (as are my wife and kids...) and was interviewed by our local CBS affiliate regarding Disney tips\tricks.
Been to WDW 6x's...5 of those as a Dad.
Joined the DVC in 2011 and have stayed at AKV (Kidani) and BLT.
I am an Annual Pass Holder
I started a Disney Bloghttp://theangrymouse23.blogspot.com/
"Hey...where's Perry?"
I'm crafty and have made Disney Tie Dye t-shirts and bleached Mickey Head t-shirt.
I am particularly fond of Belle and Jasmine.
I routinely use Disney fonts.
"Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it."
I have multiple spreadsheets of Disney planning efforts and a Disney Journal.
I love red meat.
Bacon is in my top 3 favorite food sources.
I love sports but would rather watch paint dry than watch soccer.
I envy Imagineers.
I just got back a week ago and am planning our next trip.
I am a Type I Diabetic (daignosed 1975)
I am a die hard Steelers fan.
I use my Disney Chase Visa for everything.
I randomly make Mickey heads out foods on my dinner plate.
My other car is a monorail.

Permission to come aboard! This thread is AWESOME!

I am a Disney zealot (as are my wife and kids...) and was interviewed by our local CBS affiliate regarding Disney tips\tricks.
Been to WDW 6x's...5 of those as a Dad.
Joined the DVC in 2011 and have stayed at AKV (Kidani) and BLT.
I am an Annual Pass Holder
I started a Disney Bloghttp://theangrymouse23.blogspot.com/
"Hey...where's Perry?"
I'm crafty and have made Disney Tie Dye t-shirts and bleached Mickey Head t-shirt.
I am particularly fond of Belle and Jasmine.
I routinely use Disney fonts.
"Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it."
I have multiple spreadsheets of Disney planning efforts and a Disney Journal.
I love red meat.
Bacon is my top 3 favorite food sources.
I love sports but would rather watch paint dry than watch soccer.
I envy Imagineers.
I just got back a week ago and am planning our next trip.
I am a Type I Diabetic (daignosed 1975)
I am a die hard Steelers fan.
I use my Disney Chase Visa for everything.
I randomly make Mickey heads out foods on my dinner plate.
My other car is a monorail.

Welcome welcome. So is Brett your name? Love the list but I tweaked one line for you. Of course if your other 2 were Dole Whips and Ohana shrimp, you could probably go back to the way it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter