DD: Hilton vs. Holiday Inn

bkline

Mouseketeer
Heading down to Orlando and I've narrowed it down to 2 of the downtown disney hotels. Either the Holiday Inn or the Hlton. It's mainly a business trip with a little bit of fun. Any pros/cons for these 2 hotels?

The Hilton is the only non-Disney hotel that offers EMH!

However, you will probably get a better deal at the Holiday Inn. I recently was able to snag a room via priceline for $50.

The Hilton in Downtown Disney is very nice. The rooms are oversized and the bathrooms are big enough for 2 to get ready at a time.

Not big on the Holiday Inn chain of hotels.

this is not helpfully because the map is wrong.

I think that the hilton and holiday inn are across the street.

if so then holiday inn shares with Best Western - which when I stayed there had pretty good bus transportation.

the buses then did not go to all the hotels - but each bus did share with the hotels on its side.

MK/AK - was one bus, Epcot/studio - was another one

The Holiday Inn is on the same side of the street as the Hilton and is next door. (there is a small pond between them). The Hilton is closest to Downtown Disney (as in directly across the street), and the Holiday Inn is about a 5 min walk.

When we were researching, the Holiday Inn was much cheaper than the Hilton. I also liked that the Holiday Inn had balconies and the Hilton didn't. However the Hilton has extra magic hours which is pretty awesome.

We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. It's fairly new (open a couple of years now), and is very nice. I liked it, and would stay there again, mainly because of the ideal location. They both share the same bus, and it was always on time (every 30 mins). The rooms were clean, modern (had a mini fridge AND a microwave), and the beds were comfy. I was happy with our choice. We stayed in March 2012.

Hilton > Holiday Inn. As others say, you get EMH, also, the Hilton definitely has more of a legitimate resort feel to it.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!