DCR First-Timers - any tips & advice?

zinderella

DIS Veteran
Hullo Dis-ers!

It's been a long time, but finally mid June we are coming back home!! :flower1:

So no Disney Trip for almost 2 years, but as you can see from my signature, we are not DLP newbies by any stretch!!

But we are staying at Davy Crockett for the first time ever, plus it's the first visit in this particular family configuration of now 5 adults!!!!! (2 bona fide adults and 3 teens) And the first time I've allowed my partner of 6 years to see my completely bonkers Disney side - let's hope that engagement ring is still on my finger by the end of it!

I would love the hear from seasoned ranchers, ideally who have had recent visits to DCR.
- Any tips for the pool? Is it as freezing as the others :eek: Need own towels?
- On-site buffet good? or eat before we come home?
- we have the free half board vouchers, so am guessing one is for breakfast (the 'bag'!!!!) and one is for lunch or dinner at a limited range of buffet restaurants. My question is do we have to use the breakfast credit at DCR or can we exchange it at the park? If so, where?
- Are the cabins really jammed together or does it feel quite peaceful? ie if DH and I fancied a bottle of wine on the deck area of an evening would we be annoying others / nose to nose with the next cabin or not?

Any other advice or experiences...please do share

:jumping1: LET THE PLANNING COMMENCE :jumping1:

Sorry for the caps....bit excited!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter