DCP Fall 2017

eagobama93

Earning My Ears
I applied for the DCP about 2 months ago. I finally got an email asking me to take the WBI, passed, and now I have a PI in 2 days. I am so nervous and don't know what to expect. I know I can do this, just need some reassuring. :)

Any tips on what to do/not to do during the PI? Anything will help!

Thanks guys!

You can do it! I was in the same boat as you were-applied for Fall 2017. I had my phone interview on Feb 8th, and was accepted two weeks later on the 22nd! It was my first time applying so I watched a lot of YouTube videos and read some blogs for PI advice. My advice:

-Watch PI YouTube videos and read some blogs. Do not psych yourself out by watching Phone Interview fails-it'll just make you nervous! I had a notesheet where I could write down my interviewer's name and left a couple of buzz words to some questions I had typed up so I could prepare my answer. You don't want to sound scripted though, so don't try and write everything out.

-Make sure to set aside fifteen minutes before your scheduled interview time and fifteen minutes after, my interview was scheduled at 10:45 PM in my time and she called at 10:51. I listened to some Disney music beforehand and review my questions to prepare myself.

-Make sure to remember the interviewer's name and use it throughout. Also, it seems awkward, but try and smile during the interview! They're not just looking for work experience, they're looking for personality, too. Try and have a couple questions prepared to ask at the end-it shows a lot of forethought.

-Remember that ultimately, the DCP is an internship opportunity. It's good to stress that you're not just there to have fun and play in the Disney parks, but you're there for the learning experience and the work experience it can give you. I really emphasized the DCP's motto, living, learning, and earning, as well as mentioned how important guest interaction was to me and becoming a more well-rounded employee. Obviously your answer will differ, since it should be what you want to get out of the program, but it's something to keep in mind!

Try not to stress too much. I hate talking on the phone and always do poorly with "scenario" questions, and I was so stressed because my interview was almost exactly fifteen minutes long. I thought it was so short and she hardly asked me anything that I had seen in other interviews, and I was worried I hadn't properly expressed why I wanted to do the DCP enough. Keep in mind they may not even ask you why you want to do the DCP, so you want to do your best to work that in.

I'm happy to answer any further questions! Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter