DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

I think If a cruise is sold out it won`t appear in the list anymore.
I hope that`s the case

That's probably it. If they were close to selling out, they probably just sold the last available cabins... they might pop back in and out again randomly as people cancel and new people snap up the cabins.

I’ve now read that MSC, Royal Caribbean and P&O have all oversold their cruises and are starting to cancel people… fingers crossed Disney played it safe to start with!

so great to see everyone checking in and getting their PAT and sorting out the testing. It would be really great if someone could do a step by step description to give us an idea of what to expect :)

Has anyone that has uploaded a picture of their vaccine card (not certificate), had it verified as being ok yet?

so great to see everyone checking in and getting their PAT and sorting out the testing. It would be really great if someone could do a step by step description to give us an idea of what to expect :)

There are a few things you'll need to do in order to complete your online check in

Online Check In

The first step is to upload a photo of the valid Government Issued Photo ID you will use for check-in. Options include Driving Licence; EU ID card; Passport; Permanent Resident Card; or “Other Government Document”. (Expired passports cannot be used; under 18s should not need to complete this step).

The second step is to upload a photo (ie selfie) that will be used to expedite check-in. You may find it easier to use the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App for steps one and two as you can use the camera on your smart-phone to take the two photos. You can do this for everyone in your travel party, provided you have the required information, including guests on linked reservations staying in other staterooms.

The third step is to fill in the payment card details that will be used to settle onboard expenses. You can opt to grant charging privileges to others in your travel party, including guests on linked reservations staying in other staterooms. You may find it easier to upload card information on the “My Reservation” section on the Disney Cruise Line website. You can also swap between the app and the website during the check-in process.

The fourth step is to select a port arrival time (PAT), which are in fifteen minute increments from when the terminal opens (typically around 1pm) until an hour before the all aboard time. These are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You can also upload details of your travel plans at this stage (how you are planning to travel to and from the port).

Reserving activities 30 days before sailing

You should be able to select your Youth Activity times for Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab (one session per day – a 1.5 hour-long session on Embarkation Day; and a 2.5 hour-long session per day during days at sea); and reserve your space for Disney Dreams in the Walt Disney Theatre.

The best way to do this is in the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app. If you have several staterooms travelling together, as long as the reservations are linked together, then one guest can make the reservations for the whole of their party.

Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area will operate with a virtual queue via the Navigator App once you are on board the ship – so no need to reserve the pool times before sailing.

For those travelling with children, there is a really cool Cruise Adventure scrapbook available to download – there’s lots of fun tips for younger sailors, it's not Magic At Sea specific but might be a good idea to help reveal or plan your trip with the children 🤩🚢

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...-cruise-adventure-booklet-english-version.pdf

30 day mark for the 4 day Liverpool cruise tomorrow. Does anyone have a specific question about check in they want me to look out for when I go through the process?

I went through the online check in process on Sunday… here are my learnings :)
  • Being on it at 5am does seem necessary in order to get your preferred booking slots and port arrival time - if these things don’t matter to you, have a lie in, otherwise, you’ll need the alarm on!
  • Website seems to be less glitchy than the app
  • If show / kids club times are important to you, do those first, as it’s quick to do and slots are proving very popular! Unfortunately, there doesn’t actually seem to be enough availability to guarantee everyone a slot at the show - a few on our sailing have been bitten by this and are understandably very disappointed
  • On the check in, the quicker you get through it, the more (and therefore earlier) port arrival times will be available… one tip I followed is to just select ‘cash’ for the onboard credit payment option to get to the end more quickly, then once you’ve secured your port arrival time and finalised the check in, you can go back round the loop and fill in your credit card details (if that’s your preferred payment option)
  • Also, have a few head and shoulders photographs of each passenger ready prepared, and more than one form of ID if possible - the system seems a bit fussy, e.g. my hubby’s passport photos would just not go through, driving license, worked first time!

• If show / kids club times are important to you, do those first, as it’s quick to do and slots are proving very popular! Unfortunately, there doesn’t actually seem to be enough availability to guarantee everyone a slot at the show - a few on our sailing have been bitten by this and are understandably very disappointed.

That's...terrifying. I get up early anyway, so I best be on the ball at 5am. Is grabbing a show seating part of the check in process, or can I do that separately on the "add on-board activity" part of the app?

It looks like the 4 day cruise offers the Disney Dream show on Day 2 and Day 4 (not sure if it's one showing or two), and a "Variety Show" on Day 3...which sounds thrown-together, but might be good. :confused3

Last edited:
30 day mark for the 4 day Liverpool cruise tomorrow. Does anyone have a specific question about check in they want me to look out for when I go through the process?
That's...terrifying. I get up early anyway, so I best be on the ball at 5am. Is grabbing a show seating part of the check in process, or can I do that separately on the "add on-board activity" part of the app?

Just to confirm: There are two shows per day on two different days on the 4 day correct?
Not what people were expecting!
There’s a poll on a Facebook group I’m in and so far 17 people on our sailing have answered to say they’ve not been able to get any slot for the show at all - and I know at least one of those was for a party of 6!
Interestingly the earlier sailings no one has said they’ve been unable to get a slot at all (maybe not the one they preferred, but still got one).

Yes, sorry, the show is under the onboard fun section, so done separately from the check in process.

We have 2 showings (early and late) on Days 1 and Day 3 of our 3 nighter, so yes, 4 showings altogether… I believe the 4 nighter has the same number of showings (not sure which nights) but I think I’ve read there’s an additional variety show on the 4 nighter, maybe just one one day, don’t know how many showings though… the main Dreams show is already visible on onboard fun, just not bookable yet, so don’t know if you can see the other show in the same way already or not?

Yes, sorry, the show is under the onboard fun section, so done separately from the check in process.

Did that booking opportunity open at 5am for you too?

Yeah, the "Variety Show" is only available on Day 3, and has the same "booking opens on 23rd June" message that the Dreams Show has, which is available on Day 2 and 4.

I am really concerned about this now - I am really struggling to see how they will keep everyone entertained. I know covid is an issue, but SURELY they realised that with no port days and social distancing we needed MORE, not less shows, etc.

OH WELL. Lol. Ball's in your court Disney, impress me. Also, the lack of specific info at this point is just embarrassing - we're less than 30 days from the first sailing.

Yeah, the "Variety Show" is only available on Day 3, and has the same "booking opens on 23rd June" message that the Dreams Show has, which is available on Day 2 and 4.

I am really concerned about this now - I am really struggling to see how they will keep everyone entertained. I know covid is an issue, but SURELY they realised that with no port days and social distancing we needed MORE, not less shows, etc.

OH WELL. Lol. Ball's in your court Disney, impress me. Also, the lack of specific info at this point is just embarrassing - we're less than 30 days from the first sailing.
COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!

Not what people were expecting!
There’s a poll on a Facebook group I’m in and so far 17 people on our sailing have answered to say they’ve not been able to get any slot for the show at all - and I know at least one of those was for a party of 6!
Interestingly the earlier sailings no one has said they’ve been unable to get a slot at all (maybe not the one they preferred, but still got one).

We have 2 showings (early and late) on Days 1 and Day 3 of our 3 nighter, so yes, 4 showings altogether… I believe the 4 nighter has the same number of showings (not sure which nights) but I think I’ve read there’s an additional variety show on the 4 nighter, maybe just one one day, don’t know how many showings though… the main Dreams show is already visible on onboard fun, just not bookable yet, so don’t know if you can see the other show in the same way already or not?

And I thought my Hawai’i cruise was the only one I’d have to worry about booking on 😂

I’d be interested to know if the people who haven’t been able to book are CC members - can’t imagine Disney will be getting good feedback about the decision not to give priority to CC for booking shows etc.

Yes, also 5am :)

I’d be interested to know if the people who haven’t been able to book are CC members - can’t imagine Disney will be getting good feedback about the decision not to give priority to CC for booking shows etc.
Good question! They could be I’d guess, as I think it was just “fastest finger first”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter