DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

I am curious does anyone know how the September sailing are selling? I know the sailing are for UK residents only but I’m curious ifcovid continues to decline and vaccine rates increase throughout Europe I understand how they can still restricted to residents later in the fall when let’s assume normal tourism has returned ? . I’m on a positive note here, but if by August September Europeans are allowed to fly into the UK I don’t understand the point?

I think when Disney came up with these sailings Back then for UK only it was maybe because at that point UK was leading in vaxxes and thenEU was doing poorly overall. Things have totally changed I just find it too bad that they don’t have any late summer Sailing‘s from either Hamburg or a French/ Benelux/Dutch port

Last edited:
Was there good availability for the kids club? My concern is getting the kids clubs aligned with my Palo booking.
Just checked - seemed to be pretty wide availability for the Oceaneers. For Friday you could have a 90minute slot (my SIL got 6pm) and 2 and half hour slots for the other days. She managed to get 2.30pm both days. I don't know how late the slots run to though but we have one that runs to 7.30pm

Thanks - I think there is only one CM cruise but could be wrong. I would imagine so with it relatively close to the 16th.

With regard the show - its just a slot and their seems to be two. 5.15pm and 8pm

re 5am - do you mean the gym?
Thanks!

Ooh no, won’t be getting up at 5am for any of that gym nonsense! Haha!
Sorry I wasn’t clear, I meant what time bookings opened up for the theatre show…

Thanks!

Ooh no, won’t be getting up at 5am for any of that gym nonsense! Haha!
Sorry I wasn’t clear, I meant what time bookings opened up for the theatre show…
:D:D:D:D:D:D fair play

I believe its 8.30am but that a) could be wrong and b) I'm sure could change.

At around 9am the only thing we couldn't get was a 8.15pm slot for the show on day one

Thanks guys. We are sailing from Friday 9th to Monday 12th.

Had our 30 day booking window yesterday for kids activities, shows and (I believe ) the gym area. Manged to book all 8 of our party in for the 5.15pm showing on day 3 for the theatre (Dreams). We have the 8.15am dining. Worth also noting that within 10mins the 5.15pm Dreams show for the Friday was booked out.

My sister-in-law booked a slot for the Oceaneers lab for my nephew on the Saturday (day 2) at 2.30pm.

I couldn't seem to book any fitness activities and had already booked beer tasting for the Saturday

Wait wait wait...what happens if you are on the second dining but the first show is sold out? I thought the whole point of the two dining times was that it staggered the shows in tandem?

My wife will be really disappointed if we don't get to see the show at least once on our cruise...

Wait wait wait...what happens if you are on the second dining but the first show is sold out? I thought the whole point of the two dining times was that it staggered the shows in tandem?

My wife will be really disappointed if we don't get to see the show at least once on our cruise...
I think you will be fine - there seems to be 2 shows on 2 days on the 3 day cruise so even if you dont get the show the first night I would imagine you could book the 3rd night around your dining rotation l.

Did you have to choose balcony or orchestra seating like the app suggested some time ago?

Also I think there are 2 cast cruises from what I've read elsewhere or someone had the wrong date as I've seen 2 dates given

Did you have to choose balcony or orchestra seating like the app suggested some time ago?

Also I think there are 2 cast cruises from what I've read elsewhere or someone had the wrong date as I've seen 2 dates given
I don't believe there was a choice for the seating location - just the time

Hey everyone! Just like Marcgiu I am also on one of the early cruises I'm actually on the first one. I did online check-in yesterday and it took longer than I expected. Two key things to have to hand before you start:

1. A clear photo of your passport / ID
2. A clear photo of yourself from shoulders up (like a passport photo)

Both had to be uploaded along with ID details, information about how you were arriving from the cruise and where you travelling to once off the cruise.

I got a port arrival time of 12.45pm, that was the earliest slot available but I'm not sure if that was the earliest possible time, I didn't see any unavailable times if that makes sense.

Also per my earlier post I'd no issue with my ID being an Irish ID.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Just like Marcgiu I am also on one of the "test cruises" I'm actually on the first one which is a 2 day from Southampton on 6th July. I did online check-in yesterday and it took longer than I expected. Two key things to have to hand before you start:

Both had to be uploaded along with ID details, information about how you were arriving from the cruise and where you travelling to once off the cruise.

I got a port arrival time of 12.45pm, that was the earliest slot available but I'm not sure if that was the earliest possible time, I didn't see any unavailable times if that makes sense.

Were you able to book any of the free events like orchestra seating, games shows, gym etc?

Were you able to book any of the free events like orchestra seating, games shows, gym etc?

I could book the show (there are two showings each day - one early and one late) - once I had booked one show I could no longer book another show.

No option to book for game shows, I imagine these will be on board bookings or perhaps just first come first served - obviously this might also be different for the test cruise vs the actual cruises.

I can book the fitness centre (free) or personal training session ($89) but all the spa options were showing up as sold out - I'm not sure if that is because they are sold out or because there will not be spa options on the test cruise.

I could book the show (there are two showings each day - one early and one late) - once I had booked one show I could no longer book another show.

No option to book for game shows, I imagine these will be on board bookings or perhaps just first come first served - obviously this might also be different for the test cruise vs the actual cruises.

I can book the fitness centre (free) or personal training session ($89) but all the spa options were showing up as sold out - I'm not sure if that is because they are sold out or because there will not be spa options on the test cruise.

Great help, thanks.

Shame about not being able to see the show twice, but I can imagine it would be absolutely devastating to miss it completely so I guess they are wanting to play it safe with numbers.

Sadly, I believe the Spa is not being offered at all, no idea why, Spas have reopened in our area. :confused3

Hey everyone! Just like Marcgiu I am also on one of the "test cruises" I'm actually on the first one which is a 2 day from Southampton on 6th July. I did online check-in yesterday and it took longer than I expected. Two key things to have to hand before you start:

Thanks for the info 👍 I've just tried to check in but the photo ID's are being verified. Did you have that process ?

Thanks for the info 👍 I've just tried to check in but the photo ID's are being verified. Did you have that process ?

It seemed to verify right away, I actually had my first photo rejected but then zoomed out a bit and uploaded. I was able to move right along to port arrival time.

It seemed to verify right away, I actually had my first photo rejected but then zoomed out a bit and uploaded. I was able to move right along to port arrival time.
thanks - I think mine did as well, I just misunderstood the photo verification :-) I believed I had to wait before progressing :D

Check in was quite straight forward - from memory it was

1. Photo verification (including a "regular" photo for on board the ship.
  2. Next we allocated a credit card
  3. Then we confirmed travel plans before and after the cruise
  4. Finally we chose a check in time - we got 1.15pm
  5. Then we get a port arrival form/ QR code to either email, print or save to a google wallet
Still no mention of the when we would hear regarding PCR test at this stage

Oh also something fun to note you actually get your boarding group number once you check-in when I've been on DCL before I didn't get boarding group number until I arrived at the port.

New UK daily cases have climbed from the lows of 3,000 a few weeks ago to almost 8,000 just yesterday. The June 21 re-opening date also seems to be in jeopardy.

Are the staycation cruises tied to these re-opening plans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter