DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

If things move the way it appears they are, and restrictions easing considerably in the coming weeks and months, it'd be great if Disney revisited their restrictions, however I doubt they will.

If things move the way it appears they are, and restrictions easing considerably in the coming weeks and months, it'd be great if Disney revisited their restrictions, however I doubt they will.

I think some things like the nursary or spa could have some movement as they haven't specifically advertised these as not available (although not advertised them as available either) but they wont change anything they have advertised i.e. masks, one show, social distance characters etc.

Suspect I’m going to have to cancel my September booking as NHS Scotland has still not sent me a vaccine invite despite me being in a priority group :( Anyone know how far I’m advance you have to cancel to get a full refund?

Suspect I’m going to have to cancel my September booking as NHS Scotland has still not sent me a vaccine invite despite me being in a priority group :( Anyone know how far I’m advance you have to cancel to get a full refund?

Oh no, hopefully you will get the vaccine in time, if not this is Flexible Refund Policy

Within 14 days of the sailing, booked Guests with qualifying COVID-19-related concerns can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date. Standard prevailing rates will apply.

• Within 14 days prior to departure, Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios may change their sail date, under the following terms:
  • Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
    • Have symptoms of COVID-19
    • Have a temperature of 38 C or greater
    • Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
    • Have tested positive for COVID-19
    • Are unable to travel due to government-imposed travel restrictions
    • Guests age 18 and older have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the NHS prior to their sail date.
  • Guests who wish to change their sail date must move the sail date to a future sailing that commences prior to September 30, 2022.
  • Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy.
  • Guests who do not wish to select a new sail date will be provided a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees in their original form of payment.
  • Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios on the day of departure will not be able to sail and will receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees.

Oh no, hopefully you will get the vaccine in time, if not this is Flexible Refund Policy

Within 14 days of the sailing, booked Guests with qualifying COVID-19-related concerns can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date. Standard prevailing rates will apply.

• Within 14 days prior to departure, Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios may change their sail date, under the following terms:
  • Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
    • Have symptoms of COVID-19
    • Have a temperature of 38 C or greater
    • Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
    • Have tested positive for COVID-19
    • Are unable to travel due to government-imposed travel restrictions
    • Guests age 18 and older have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the NHS prior to their sail date.
  • Guests who wish to change their sail date must move the sail date to a future sailing that commences prior to September 30, 2022.
  • Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy.
  • Guests who do not wish to select a new sail date will be provided a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees in their original form of payment.
  • Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios on the day of departure will not be able to sail and will receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees.

Thank you! Trying everything I can think of to work out what’s happening/why it’s delayed. Fingers crossed it works out but good to know I’ve got a while before I need to cancel.

The above post gives detail about cancelling after the PIF date. But before you get to that point, the UK Staycation sailings have a specific (lenient) policy for payment and cancellation:

Extended Final Payment
For UK Disney Magic at Sea sailings, the deadline for final payment is extended until 30 days prior to sailing (excluding bookings for Stateroom Categories with Restrictions).

Full Refund before Final Payment Deadline
For
UK Disney Magic at Sea sailings, guests who cancel before the final payment deadline can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees, excluding select room categories.

Important Details
Cancellation fee schedule for UK Magic at Sea sailings:
  • For all categories except Suite, Concierge and Categories with Restrictions:

Days Prior to Departure DateFee Amount
30 days or moreFull refund with no fee
29 – 15 days75% of booking price per Guest
14 days or less100% of booking price per Guest
  • For Suite and Concierge Categories:

Days Prior to Departure DateFee Amount
30 days or moreDeposit per Guest
29 days or less100% of booking price per Guest
  • Reservations for Inside, Outside and Verandah Categories with Restrictions remain nonrefundable and nontransferable.

I noticed today that one of the no extra cost "onboard fun" booking options now that we've paid in full is Orchestra Seating for the Disney Dreams show on day 2 and day 4 of the cruise. Other than that, it's real slim pickings. 😑

Is orchestra seating booking something they normally offer, or is it first come first serve?

I noticed today that one of the no extra cost "onboard fun" booking options now that we've paid in full is Orchestra Seating for the Disney Dreams show on day 2 and day 4 of the cruise. Other than that, it's real slim pickings. 😑

Is orchestra seating booking something they normally offer, or is it first come first serve?
It's normally first come first served.

So about two weeks ago this appeared (no one can book until 30 days out) but they also had stalls seating. Balcony disappeared off the app about 5 days later but the orchestra one remained. Not sure what this means in reality as usually all seating is through Deck 4 apart from those in wheelchairs through Deck 3 (actually threw Keys bar). Gym sessions, kids clubs and the theatre are what should appear at 30 days out. The rest of the things showing will be the paid for activities (with Spa showing as sold out completely as it was never on sale)

Last edited:
Is it possible Stalls were already filled up with Platinum/concierge?

Nope they just disappeared off there. No cruises are at 30 days yet and there is no castaway level being used for these bookings (only for paid activities) so it just has disappeared. I assume it will reappear nearer the time but they they didn't remove both I don't know.

We should get more info in next few weeks as people get into 30 day period.

I'm very interested in the following:
  • Who DCL have discount testing with
  • What proof of vaccination they will require (it's very different for the 4 nations)
  • Getting Palo and Kids club availability aligned

I'm very interested in the following:
  • Who DCL have discount testing with
  • What proof of vaccination they will require (it's very different for the 4 nations)
  • Getting Palo and Kids club availability aligned

So there is still absolutely no info on the PCR discount testing available or the proof of vaccine requirement which is mad as some cruises are only a month or so away.

The getting Palo and kids to line up will not actually have any info until we reach 30 days on some of the cruises and see how people get on. We can assume that it will be very awkward/difficult to sort as you have one thing that allowed booking weeks ago and so may now have no option to rearrange and one that can only be booked at 30 days or closer.

So there is still absolutely no info on the PCR discount testing available or the proof of vaccine requirement which is mad as some cruises are only a month or so away.

The getting Palo and kids to line up will not actually have any info until we reach 30 days on some of the cruises and see how people get on. We can assume that it will be very awkward/difficult to sort as you have one thing that allowed booking weeks ago and so may now have no option to rearrange and one that can only be booked at 30 days or closer.
Still over 40 days until the first cruise, so I imagine that info will be released shortly.

Still over 40 days until the first cruise, so I imagine that info will be released shortly.

I appreciate that but seeing as cancellations have to be done by 30 days out you would have hoped they would have given people time to decide if they still want to cruise. The PCR issue doesn't actually effect my party (all over 18 and double vaccinated) but I just find it odd that they haven't given this info yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts