DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

The Scottish Government’s just announced vaccine certification for those who need it for travel (there an article and details on the BBC) so those of us in Scotland shouldn’t have to pay for one via our GPS anymore 😊

this was posted on the Facebook group for 23.7. Sailing this morning - some additional little bits of info

Good morning Disney fans. Joa has had some important information overnight that she's kindly shared in the big group. I've copied it over to make sure we have it:

1. The Buena Vista Theatre (cinema) will not require reservations, but will have a limited capacity.
2. Regarding BSL interpreters on board, we are awaiting more information.
3. All Guests 18 years and older must present a Government issued photo ID (passport or full/provisional driving licence).
4. Edge and Vibe will not require reservations, Guests can come and go as they please.
5. Entrance to the Goofy Pool is a virtual queue but there will not be time limits once it is your turn.
6. Regarding proof of vaccination, information will be shared closer to the start of sailings.
7. Guests will not have to make reservations, or wait in a virtual line for bars, but Crew Members will be stationed at entrances to manage capacity if/when needed.
8. Trivia will not require a reservation, it will be first come, first serve.
9. Residents of Isle of Mann or Channel Islands will not be able to book a UK Disney Magic at Sea sailing.
10. We will have more information coming shortly regarding Guests who test positive for COVID-19 at the port and the denied boarding policy for travel parties.
11. VAT will be added to all merchandise purchases.
12. If siblings are booked at the same time in Disney's Oceaneer Club & Lab, then they will be kept together (if the parent requests).
13. If a Guest is under 18, but fully vaccinated, they will still need a PCR test.
14. Castaway Club status will not be recognized for Online Check-In, Theatre reservations, and PAT. It will be open to all Guests 30 days prior to sailing.

this was posted on the Facebook group for 23.7. Sailing this morning - some additional little bits of info

Good morning Disney fans. Joa has had some important information overnight that she's kindly shared in the big group. I've copied it over to make sure we have it:

1. The Buena Vista Theatre (cinema) will not require reservations, but will have a limited capacity.
2. Regarding BSL interpreters on board, we are awaiting more information.
3. All Guests 18 years and older must present a Government issued photo ID (passport or full/provisional driving licence).
4. Edge and Vibe will not require reservations, Guests can come and go as they please.
5. Entrance to the Goofy Pool is a virtual queue but there will not be time limits once it is your turn.
6. Regarding proof of vaccination, information will be shared closer to the start of sailings.
7. Guests will not have to make reservations, or wait in a virtual line for bars, but Crew Members will be stationed at entrances to manage capacity if/when needed.
8. Trivia will not require a reservation, it will be first come, first serve.
9. Residents of Isle of Mann or Channel Islands will not be able to book a UK Disney Magic at Sea sailing.
10. We will have more information coming shortly regarding Guests who test positive for COVID-19 at the port and the denied boarding policy for travel parties.
11. VAT will be added to all merchandise purchases.
12. If siblings are booked at the same time in Disney's Oceaneer Club & Lab, then they will be kept together (if the parent requests).
13. If a Guest is under 18, but fully vaccinated, they will still need a PCR test.
14. Castaway Club status will not be recognized for Online Check-In, Theatre reservations, and PAT. It will be open to all Guests 30 days prior to sailing.
Yep saw this. Lots of unhappy people about point 14😩

Last edited:

Im ok with it - there’s not as many people having to board anyway is there, what do you think about it?

I feel a bit disappointed. I am only silver but expected the same perks to apply as they always have for CCC and don’t understand why they are not. Would also like to feel a bit confident that i can book kids club to coincide with my palo booking😩

However, i am anot 100% sure this will be the final position as this was also said prior to cruise bookings so who knows at this point.

Bottom line is that i am delighted to be able to have a few nights away with the kids 💕

I feel a bit disappointed. I am only silver but expected the same perks to apply as they always have for CCC and don’t understand why they are not. Would also like to feel a bit confident that i can book kids club to coincide with my palo booking😩

However, i am anot 100% sure this will be the final position as this was also said prior to cruise bookings so who knows at this point.

Bottom line is that i am delighted to be able to have a few nights away with the kids 💕
Agree this could change. It’s not the end of the world (also silver) but seems weird not to allow CC first booking when these are effectively coronavirus procedure test cruises and that will very likely still be a feature more widely when DCL resumes.

I agree. Disappointing from DCL. If they are making exceptions for concierge, then why not CC Status.
My biggest concern is lining up kids club with Palo. If we dont get the 'tastings' aligned with the kids club then so be it, but would be gutted to miss Palo.

Having cruised 5 times before with DCL, I know it's a great product. I just hope with all of these restrictions our experience isn't dampened too much.

Hi Guys
We are going on the 9th July for a 3 night cruise and there is one question that I can't seem to find an answer for is - what capacity are the cruises running at ?

Hi Guys
We are going on the 9th July for a 3 night cruise and there is one question that I can't seem to find an answer for is - what capacity are the cruises running at ?

i think its a max of 100 people which is around 40% i seem to think🤔

Hi Guys
I think it was 1000 or 50%, whichever was lower (and 1000’s lower as the Magic’s capacity is around 2,700)

I seem to recall those government limits were only set for the early cruises, and after (June 21?) they could increase. I wonder will Disney do that if they can? It wouldnt be like them to miss out on some $$

I seem to recall those government limits were only set for the early cruises, and after (June 21?) they could increase. I wonder will Disney do that if they can? It wouldnt be like them to miss out on some $$
I’d suspect that they’ll keep the UK ones as advertised (ie wearing masks and lower capacity). Their marketing team included ‘lower capacity’ in the recent survey as a reason for booking the UK sailings so I’d be surprised if that was changed.

They wont change anything from what they have currently done is my opinion. They have sold the cruises as is (both capacity wise and restriction wise). If they change them at the last minute you will have people on both sides of the camp complaining i.e. I didn't book as there wasn't availability or I booked as it was meant to be low numbers. The same with other restrictions. Whatever they have advertised and told us about will be what they do as there is no point them causing so much hassle by changing things

Coming from Northern Ireland, we're now allowed proper travel to the Common Travel Area (England/Wales/Scotland/Republic of Ireland), we have both vaccinations, now the only hurdle that I can see is proof of vaccination. No app in Northern Ireland, so I hope DCL give some information of what is needed soon....

Coming from Northern Ireland, we're now allowed proper travel to the Common Travel Area (England/Wales/Scotland/Republic of Ireland), we have both vaccinations, now the only hurdle that I can see is proof of vaccination. No app in Northern Ireland, so I hope DCL give some information of what is needed soon....

Hopefully NI are working on something quickly! Wales has a temp letter solution as of Monday this week but is hoping to add us on to the England app in next few weeks (end of June I think was the timeframe)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter