DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Current DCL requirements for UK sailings Last Update May 7
Disney Magic At Sea Know Before You Go Health and Wellness

Face Coverings:
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 11 and up) and Crew Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, swimming or in your stateroom. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations.

I think it is very safe because I am not sure about remove masks as still high risky and I am happy to continue with mask on.

Edit - seen it on the Metro :)
Where’ve you seen this? Cannot find it on Sky News or BBC. :)

Last night it was Boris, prime minister was talking about it but today changing rules think stay on with masks over Indian problem (I am relieve because I think it is too quick for remove masks)

Now on breaking news

COVID news live - latest updates: End of lockdown in June could be delayed due to Indian variant surge - as doubts emerge over vaccine booster shots . SAGE member warned

I just seen on the news about England government that there will be no longer to required face masks in public on 21st June in England. I was concern what about cruise, do we have to wear a face mask because we are leaving from Liverpool at end of july?

I guess we can hope for it being relaxed, but plan for it not being.

I really don't think that the rules on these cruises will change at all. The likelihood is that the current restrictions (masks for one) might be in way longer than we think even if all other restrictions are lifted. Disney has sold these cruises as "masked" cruises. If they start running and then change the requirement you will have 2 lots of people -
  1. those complaining they travelled prior to the restrictions being lifted and paid the same amount as those without those restrictions
  2. those complaining they booked because of the restrictions and now they aren't there
Disney will sail with these restrictions whatever the country requirements are. They will not want to risk any sort of negativity in terms of their start up and will want to ensure everyone feels safe. People who have booked have booked with these restrictions and should expect them. I really don't see any cruise lines removing these requirements any time soon when they had such negative press at the start of the COVID pandemic. They will want to ensure we are all safe or feel safe. The T&C of our booking includes mask wearing as thats what it says is part of the cruise.

Last night it was Boris, prime minister was talking about it but today changing rules think stay on with masks over Indian problem (I am relieve because I think it is too quick for remove masks)

Now on breaking news

COVID news live - latest updates: End of lockdown in June could be delayed due to Indian variant surge - as doubts emerge over vaccine booster shots . SAGE member warned

I think they will keep mask wearing in for a longer time than even the general lock down restrictions are in place. I wouldn't be surprised if we remain with mask wearing "recommended" for at least the rest of the year and mandated in things like public transport and larger venues

Does anyone know when we can expect more news from Disney (on all matters, not covid)? Would be nice to get some more info...

Little gutted out 75 day window opened and BBB seems to be booked solid. Speaking to Disney they seem to appear that I shouldn’t be able to book it anyway until 30 days, is this right ?

Little gutted out 75 day window opened and BBB seems to be booked solid. Speaking to Disney they seem to appear that I shouldn’t be able to book it anyway until 30 days, is this right ?

awww sorry to hear BB is booked out for your cruise. You can keep checking back as sometimes people cancel the week before the cruise and spots open up. You can also try on embarkation day, once you get on the ship, as they keep some spaces back.

No the information you were told on the phone is incorrect. The upcharge paid for items such as BBB, Palo, the alcohol tastings open up according to your Castaway Club status, which for you is 75 days. The free reservations such as kids club, pool, shows etc will open for everyone at 30 days.

awww sorry to hear BB is booked out for your cruise. You can keep checking back as sometimes people cancel the week before the cruise and spots open up. You can also try on embarkation day, once you get on the ship, as they keep some spaces back.

No the information you were told on the phone is incorrect. The upcharge paid for items such as BBB, Palo, the alcohol tastings open up according to your Castaway Club status, which for you is 75 days. The free reservations such as kids club, pool, shows etc will open for everyone at 30 days.

I assumed the advice was a little fluffy. It’s never worth arguing or challenging on the phone - and these boards have screamed the opposite so just
Nodded and said thank you 😂🤣

It will be interesting to see when the people who have the first few cruises hit the 30 day window if people will be able to get what they're looking for. I like most people really want to see the show (whatever that be) at least once on the ship. I would be very disappointed if I didn't. I wonder if they'll go along the lines of instead of booking for something like that they will have certain slots based on state room no or dinning sitting to ensure that everyone has a chance to see it at least once. I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks. Regardless I'm sure I will enjoy what is going to be my first cruise with DCL! I've been on a few cruises with other lines, but DCL has always been out of my price range. Going for it this time around as I don't think I will get another chance to get a Disney fix this year!

It will be interesting to see when the people who have the first few cruises hit the 30 day window if people will be able to get what they're looking for. I like most people really want to see the show (whatever that be) at least once on the ship. I would be very disappointed if I didn't. I wonder if they'll go along the lines of instead of booking for something like that they will have certain slots based on state room no or dinning sitting to ensure that everyone has a chance to see it at least once. I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks. Regardless I'm sure I will enjoy what is going to be my first cruise with DCL! I've been on a few cruises with other lines, but DCL has always been out of my price range. Going for it this time around as I don't think I will get another chance to get a Disney fix this year!

If I remember correctly from some of the info we got before booking opened, each guest can only book for the show once so everyone should get a chance to see it across the sailing (the showtimes are designed to let everyone who wants to see it during ‘normal’ sailings and with reduced capacity and social distancing I don’t see this changing on the staycation cruises).

For what it’s worth, the Disney shows onboard are also usually available as recordings on the stateroom TVs so you can rewatch it there after seeing it in person if you want to view more than once :)

Just a quick heads up, the NHS app has now been updated with an easy way to evidence your COVID vaccination status.

As mentioned this is still only for England. Wales is set to launch a paper version on 24th May and then at some point join the app but it will be awhile. I'm not sure what Scotland and Northern Ireland are doing.

Sorry guys I've been out of it for the past two weeks due to work commitments burning my brain to ash - apologies if this is well known but have there been any updates re: what exactly will be available at no additional charge to book 30 - 35 days out? I know about the gym being reservations-only with 45 minute slots, have they mentioned the adult-only pool at all? I think someone already said the family pool needed to be booked.

Sorry guys I've been out of it for the past two weeks due to work commitments burning my brain to ash - apologies if this is well known but have there been any updates re: what exactly will be available at no additional charge to book 30 - 35 days out? I know about the gym being reservations-only with 45 minute slots, have they mentioned the adult-only pool at all? I think someone already said the family pool needed to be booked.
As best as I can tell, it’s just the show/s, kids club and gym.

Goofy pool is virtual queuing, so I’m assuming that’ll just be done on the day.
Nothing mentioned about needing to queue for the adult pool.

If we hear nothing else, but you’re not on the very first sailing, then at least we’ll have the chance for someone to report back what’s actually bookable when their window rolls round in mid-June.

As best as I can tell, it’s just the show/s, kids club and gym.

Goofy pool is virtual queuing, so I’m assuming that’ll just be done on the day.
Nothing mentioned about needing to queue for the adult pool.

If we hear nothing else, but you’re not on the very first sailing, then at least we’ll have the chance for someone to report back what’s actually bookable when their window rolls round in mid-June.

Thanks Meryll, that's good to know. We're sailing on the 23rd of July so yes we will at least benefit from the reports of the cruises the week or so before ours. It's a long shot, but I'm hoping they let the Cruise Ship show The Jungle Cruise Movie early, would save us a trip to the cinema. :-)

So all concierge are saying will be available to book at 30 days (well 35 for concierge) is the show, gym times and kids clubs. I'd be surprised if character greetings aren't thrown in here too though as currently these haven't been available at all which surprised me. I know they are now social distanced but still expected they needed to be booked.

I think the adult pool will be a free for all while the family pool will be virtual queuing.

I'm hoping for Jungle Cruise too but on a later sailing after its release date so fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter