DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Thats interesting but not surprising. From what I have seen on social media and other places, the main deciding point is price. UK people are price sensitive, so where as most people here on Dis go for experience, ie Oceanview or Verandah , UK people will go for the cheapest they can get. Different types of people have different needs and wants.
I’ve booked an inside, but I would prefer a verandah, but I am not paying 50% more to get one! We have done a 7 night for cheaper than this 4 night out of Port Canaveral on the Dream!

we’ve taken the view that we won’t be in the cabin for long, there isn’t going to be anything to see from a verandah, and we would rather spend the savings on board!

I’ve booked an inside, but I would prefer a verandah, but I am not paying 50% more to get one! We have done a 7 night for cheaper than this 4 night out of Port Canaveral on the Dream!

we’ve taken the view that we won’t be in the cabin for long, there isn’t going to be anything to see from a verandah, and we would rather spend the savings on board!

Same
A verandah is around £1200 more than our standard inside cabin.
I don’t see the real point in an oceanview cabin either and even that is around £1k more

I completely agree, most brits want a good deal more than prime real estate, the only reasons my wife and I went Veranda is 1) It's our first cruise (well, technically my second but I was nine and it was about as luxurious as an intercity bus), 2) I'm worried that with no excursion days, distancing, and small pool areas the ship might feel crowded and our own little fortress of solitude might come in handy, and 3) it fell inside our pre-determined budget.

It is just for England. I tried from Wales and having entered everything, the final page states NHS England only. Presumably the other nations will follow suit shortly.
Hopefully, will be easier than a gp letter. Although the Scottish government still advising no holidays abroad so maybe not want to make it easy for us.
I'm booked up for Wales for our summer holiday, never been before. Looking forward to going somewhere new 😊

I've just tried it out and even though I'm in England I don't get the information, no health record at all, just a message to "Contact my GP surgery". I hope DCL accept a different proof of vax if this can't be sorted out!

There should be an option at the top of the app called GPticket where you can unlock your details online by submitting valid id - I used my passport. It says it can take up to 3 working days to validate, I'm just waiting now. Failing that, I'm sure yourGP can help.

I completely agree, most brits want a good deal more than prime real estate, the only reasons my wife and I went Veranda is 1) It's our first cruise (well, technically my second but I was nine and it was about as luxurious as an intercity bus), 2) I'm worried that with no excursion days, distancing, and small pool areas the ship might feel crowded and our own little fortress of solitude might come in handy, and 3) it fell inside our pre-determined budget.
Hope you enjoy it. It will be brilliant to be able to get some fresh air without a mask. I've gone for ocean view as I'm claustrophobic and couldn't cope with no window, so I only asked for prices for oceanview. Still a bit concerned about not being able to open the window, but this will be our 3rd holiday in 3 weeks and so couldn't justify it🤷 Just needed some Disney magic in my life after the last year, excuse the pun.

In our previous cruises we've booked Ocean View and Verandah. This time we really wanted a verandah - for two reasons - fresh air circulating in cabin, and - if - the worst happened, and we were stuck on board, or quarantined to our room, then there would be some daylight etc.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone can help? I will call DCL, but working 12 hour shifts with no days off atm so it might be more likely to get an answer on here right now lol.

If we're taking a fully vaccinated up 16 and 17 year old, do they need PCR tests too?
Just trying to surprise the 16 year old pretty much on the morning of if possible, as she's had a tough year with 3 brain surgeries in the past 18 months and thanks to covid, its all been even less enjoyable that it normally would. That and to celebrate her sitting GCSEs when so many people told her that they wouldn't be possible for her.
She did wdw as her make a wish a few years back and thinks she'll never make it back to anything disney!

Sorry. Me again.

Also, has anyone heard anything about CM getting vaccinated. Just asking because my cousin saw someone post on one of the FB groups that all crew will be vaccinated by the 1st sailing, but then when questioned had nothing to back up the claim with, not even where they heard it.

Just purely becsue I'm curious and nosy.
I know crew in PC are getting vaccinated but just wondering how they would get around it in the UK... 🤷‍♀️

I don't know if anyone can help? I will call DCL, but working 12 hour shifts with no days off atm so it might be more likely to get an answer on here right now lol.

If we're taking a fully vaccinated up 16 and 17 year old, do they need PCR tests too?
Just trying to surprise the 16 year old pretty much on the morning of if possible, as she's had a tough year with 3 brain surgeries in the past 18 months and thanks to covid, its all been even less enjoyable that it normally would. That and to celebrate her sitting GCSEs when so many people told her that they wouldn't be possible for her.
She did wdw as her make a wish a few years back and thinks she'll never make it back to anything disney!
Sorry I can't help answer your questions. I just hope you're able to surprise that 16 yr old and the trip works out for you all! Such a rough year + for everyone, but having surgeries during it is even worse!

I just talked to a CM and they said all under 18s need a negative PCR test result, even if they are vaccinated. Then again, sometimes you talk to different CMs and get different information, since a lot of them are in the U.S. and don't know anything beyond what they can read on the website, so take it with a grain of salt. It does seem rather silly they would require it for fully vaccinated children but not fully vaccinated adults.

My guess is they will work out some of these more nuanced questions closer in time to the sailings. So if you are not one of the first sailings, see if folks on these boards who are sailing can ask at the port. They would probably get more "real" information than what we can get from the CMs on the phone line.

Is this just for NHS England? Had both mine as work in NHS Scotland but was wondering about how to verify it.
i think this is for England, not Scotland.

Nurse came for second vaccine for father in law and my mother in law was asking about how to proof for this cruise and In Scotland is different from England as we didn't get card after two vaccines so we have to contact GP for letter to show DCL.

Last edited:
From reading group posts it seems alot have decided to get inside staterooms because there probably won't be alot to see and they're short sailings. I've booked a verandah as it's just what I prefer and I'm willing to pay the premium for it. Ours is sold out except for a concierge room so it seems as though people are happy enough to pay the varying prices for all cabin types. I'm sure they'll be lots of future cancellations though.

I’ve booked the Ibis Albert Dock Car Park in Liverpool for the 4 nighter leaving on 23 July. It’s only a few minutes walk to the M&S Arena where check in and luggage drop takes place so it’s ideally located. It’s only cost £30 also which is really reasonable for parking in the city centre for 4 nights.
We booked a spot in the Q-park near John Lewis which was £65 - I emailed the port services place and they said they didnt have a date set up to work with Disney to organise their parking so didn’t want to leave it any longer.

From reading group posts it seems alot have decided to get inside staterooms because there probably won't be alot to see and they're short sailings. I've booked a verandah as it's just what I prefer and I'm willing to pay the premium for it. Ours is sold out except for a concierge room so it seems as though people are happy enough to pay the varying prices for all cabin types. I'm sure they'll be lots of future cancellations though.
We have also booked A verandah room so we can have some mask free time if we needed it And I love sitting out in the morning - still in my pjs - with a coffee and some pastries. I think the magic and wonder staterooms are 70% oceanview so probably no surprise the insides sold out so quickly.

Also, has anyone heard anything about CM getting vaccinated.
I don't know about the Magic, but I believe the Dream and Fantasy have both started vaccinated crew currently onboard. I believe that was in Port Canaveral (Dream) and Miami (Fantasy). Galveston is also preparing or started vaccinating ships' crew in port. Hopefully similar will be available to the Magic at a UK port.

When I saw the 18+ vaccination requirement, I guess I thought maybe the UK wasn't vaccinating the older teens like the US. I would hope fully vaccinated 16-17 yr olds can board without a test. I think you'll need to confirm with DCL - and maybe closer to the cruise date will provide a more accurate reply. Sounds like a strong young lady, all the best to her!

We booked a spot in the Q-park near John Lewis which was £65 - I emailed the port services place and they said they didnt have a date set up to work with Disney to organise their parking so didn’t want to leave it any longer.
Don’t know if you know Liverpool but this is opposite the albert dock and only a short walk to the m&s arena. Its one of the more expensive car parks but is really convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter